MMO Recommendations

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

MMO Recommendations

Postby yukoxholic » Sat May 24, 2014 2:57 pm

So, I currently play World of Warcraft (was late on the band wagon by about x amount of years) and have since become disengaged and just dreading doing dungeons and quests with that being said I'd love to jump into something new. I don't really mind if it's like WoW because all I really want are different worlds, classes, etc. Just something 'fresh' (or as 'new feeling' as it can be for an MMO) until I return my attention back to WoW. I am open to any and all suggestions! :) Thanks in advance.
yukoxholic

Re: MMO Recommendations

Postby Kilvakar » Sun May 25, 2014 6:18 am

:grin: Well, Guild Wars 2 is pretty fun to play, and is a lot more skill-based in playing style than WoW. Also, no subscriptions!
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Re: MMO Recommendations

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun May 25, 2014 9:28 am

Honestly, SWTOR has some pretty great story-lines for each class. The problem is that when you do one and want to do the others, you're kind of sucked in to doing most of the side-missions that aren't class-story related, and these are all kind of the same for each faction.

I hear some good things about ESO, but can't say much more. Not something I'm too interested in at the moment. WildStar has also been getting some good hype as of late.
Mr. SmartyPants

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews