Super Paper Mario:The Easiest Wii Game I Have Ever Played

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Super Paper Mario:The Easiest Wii Game I Have Ever Played

Postby emmatheveritas » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:26 pm

Hey, everyone! It's Emma the Veritas. I guess that since I'm to afraid to go to the other entertainment forums I'll be staying here for a bit.
In this review, I will tell you about an amazinly written game with easy but hooking play and evasive enimies, fun field themes and a tear-jerking ending.
In the third game in the Paper Mario RPG series, Super Paper Mario for the Wii, Mario sets off on an adventure of a lifetime across the dimensions in search of the eight Pure Hearts, artifacts made from the power of love that have the potential to overcome a giant rip in the fabric of the dimensions that will soon consume and destroy all worlds, dubbed the ''Void.''
Mario and his new guide, Tippi, a magical butterfly, team up with his friends who are prophecied to seal the Void and stop the evil and corrupted villian who created the Void, Count Bleck, and his band of minions: the burly, colossal, and gassy Scottish man, O'Chunks, the adorable and fasionable yet spoiled and nasty shape shifter Mimi, the secretary-like hypnotizer Nastasia, the new,mysterious, and yet seemingly familiar Mr. L, and the magical, psychopathic, sly, dimension-bending jester,Dimentio.
This is a captivating story of love and bravery, loyalty and betrayal, heartbreak and mystery.
Super Paper Mario has easy platforming gameplay with mind-bending puzzles, quick battles, colorful worlds, and well-written and humorous script, it is a must-have game and a favorite from Nintendo themselves.Don't pass it up!
Veritas out! :D
Hence, the longest signature on CAA!!
''I have fury! Finally, my entrance with drama!''-Fawful ''Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
''Why...whenever...fury...Fawful just wanted some kingdom conquering...but every time the mustaches come. Always in Fawful's way...alwaysalwaysalways''-Fawful Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
''Darkness cannot cover darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot cover hate; only love can.''-Martin Luther King Jr.
"SPACESHIP!!! SPACESHIP!!! SPACESHIP!!! SPACESHIP!!! SPACESHIP!!!"-Benny from The Lego Movie
"A closed door doesn't mean its a locked one"-Anais TAWO Gumball
emmatheveritas

Location: somewhere between my daydreams, the BeanBean Kingdom, and waiting for Heaven. =D

Re: Super Paper Mario:The Easiest Wii Game I Have Ever Played

Postby Banana Lobster » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:49 pm

Oh man, I love this game; I've played through it probably 4-5 times. I have a file saved just outside the final boss room so I can go beat it whenever I want. I have another file just for getting all the little extras, though I'll probably end up saving that just before the final boss and deleting the other one so I can start over so I can enjoy the story again.... (Yeah, I have no life. :lol:)
Banana Lobster

Postby drill » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:44 pm

Honestly, I tried to play this game, but I stopped near the spider like boss, as it just creeped me out way too much; however, I did see most of the rest of the game, as I watched my brother finish it. Overall, not a bad game, but just really no comparison to any of the prequels (Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, Paper Mario: TTYD).
drill

Postby Banana Lobster » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:16 pm

drill wrote:Honestly, I tried to play this game, but I stopped near the spider like boss, as it just creeped me out way too much; however, I did see most of the rest of the game, as I watched my brother finish it. Overall, not a bad game, but just really no comparison to any of the prequels (Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, Paper Mario: TTYD).

Yeah, Mimi's pretty creepy, when you think about it. She almost freaked out my little sister, though that was mostly because she's scared of spiders, haha.

I've never played the original Paper Mario, but I have played Thousand Year Door. It was a good game, but eventually, the turn-based fight sequences started to get annoying, especially if all I wanted was to run through where I've already been to get some obscure item or badge I missed. :P

Who was your favorite character in SPM?
Banana Lobster

Postby Masaru » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:07 pm

drill wrote:Honestly, I tried to play this game, but I stopped near the spider like boss, as it just creeped me out way too much; however, I did see most of the rest of the game, as I watched my brother finish it. Overall, not a bad game, but just really no comparison to any of the prequels (Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, Paper Mario: TTYD).

Can SMRPG be considered a prequel? I mean yeah, it's got RPG elements/action commands just the same but those are staples of all the Mario RPGs at this point including the M&L ones.
That said, its story is at least more unique and engaging than the other two PM games, imo.. Granted it's not huge and deep like a typical JRPG but pretty decent for Mario xD

It was a good game, but eventually, the turn-based fight sequences started to get annoying, especially if all I wanted was to run through where I've already been to get some obscure item or badge I missed.

The First Attack/Bump Attack badges are your friend there! ;w;
Masaru

Postby drill » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:20 pm

Masaru wrote:Can SMRPG be considered a prequel? I mean yeah, it's got RPG elements/action commands just the same but those are staples of all the Mario RPGs at this point including the M&L ones.

Yes, Paper Mario was originally going to be called Super Mario RPG 2, so I see it as a prequel.
Banana Lobster wrote:Who was your favorite character in SPM?

Peach. Why? Hovering and blocking attacks is great.
Banana Lobster wrote:It was a good game, but eventually, the turn-based fight sequences started to get annoying, especially if all I wanted was to run through where I've already been to get some obscure item or badge I missed. :P

For that very reason, I became an expert at dodging enemies :D
drill

Postby Nate » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:19 am

Super Paper Mario is pretty bad, the swap to 3D thing was excessively annoying and frustrating because you had to do it constantly and it had a time limit and hurt you if you use it too much. Bad bad game design. Not to mention the part where you have to run on a hamster wheel for at least 10 minutes which is boring and tedious. Yes I know that theoretically it was a parody of JRPGs where you have to do boring and tedious things to progress sometimes, but you cannot parody something by doing the exact same thing you are trying to parody.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Xeno » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:46 pm

Sounds like it was 2D4U Nate-chan. I, on the other hand enjoy high brow, artisanally crafted games. Seems we're on the opposite ends of this spectrum.

Mario Corel Draw 3DS was bad though.
Xeno

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews