Zelda: Upper Class and Lower Class Elves

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Zelda: Upper Class and Lower Class Elves

Postby Xeno » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:42 am

I've going to brave the Xbox One midnight release line tonight to grab my pre ordered copy of ALBW, hopefully I don't get shanked by some huge nerd for misunderstanding why I might be allowed inside the building before him.

I've been looking forward to this game since Nintendo originally announced it, and I loved LTTP when I was a kid. Is anyone else going to snag the sequel to one of the best Zelda games ever made?
Xeno

Re: Zelda: Upper Class and Lower Class Elves

Postby drill » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:39 am

I'll probably get it sooner or later, I just have too many games on my list to get right now, and being a college student, don't have the money to buy them all. I have actually yet to play the original, so maybe I'll try my brother's copy of the original before I get this.
drill

Postby Ante Bellum » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:08 pm

See, it's funny because that implies anyone's actually getting the Xbone.
Ante Bellum

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:32 am

What is this madness?! How on earth did a new Zelda game happen without my knowing?
To answer your question, though; sadly, I don't have a 3DS, or $150+ in pocket change. So I'm gonna have to wait until it's last generation to get it.
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Which won't be too long, at the rate VG merchandise becomes outdated.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Xeno » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:30 pm

Beat the game in 18 hours and 6 minutes. Hardly a record or anything, but the fastest I've ever beaten a game, much less a Zelda game. I seriously enjoyed it. The Downfall timeline is my favorite one of the Zelda timelines though, and I really hope more games end up being made for this one since it's felt very much neglected since the Oracle games were released.
Xeno

Postby drill » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:10 pm

Xeno wrote:Beat the game in 18 hours and 6 minutes. Hardly a record or anything, but the fastest I've ever beaten a game, much less a Zelda game. I seriously enjoyed it. The Downfall timeline is my favorite one of the Zelda timelines though, and I really hope more games end up being made for this one since it's felt very much neglected since the Oracle games were released.

So, I'm trying to figure this out because my brother showed me that he beat ALBW in under 10 hours. And everywhere I go, it seems like the average playthrough time is actually around 18 hours. Is the 18 hours 100% with side quests beaten? Or did my brother just beat this game ridiculously fast?
drill

Postby Xeno » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:14 pm

He probably just beat it incredibly fast. I still haven't found all Maiami things, nor have I completed all the thief puzzles.
Xeno

Postby drill » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:42 pm

Xeno wrote:He probably just beat it incredibly fast. I still haven't found all Maiami things, nor have I completed all the thief puzzles.

Okay, that is interesting to know. I have a real strong urge to ask what the Maiami things are, but since I already know too much of the game, I will keep silent.
drill

Postby Midori » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:20 am

I was able to play this game last Christmas at a family gathering, and I must say, I loved it. I'm kind of an old-school Zelda fan who's somewhat jaded by modern Zelda titles, so that's really saying something. I think it might be the best Zelda game since...hmm...will it make people mad if I say Link to the Past? Okay, at latest Wind Waker.
Midori

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews