Path of Exile

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Path of Exile

Postby Sammy Boy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:31 pm

So, I joined when it was beta sometime ago but didn't have much time for this.

It's now been released - is anyone playing it?

It's essentially a diablo-clone action RPG that is free to play.
Sammy Boy

Re: Path of Exile

Postby Peanut » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:55 pm

I've been considering trying it out since I'm a fan of the Torchlight series and Diablo 3 left a lot to be desired.
Peanut

Postby Davidizer13 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:02 am

I've messed around with it a little, and I like what I see. If only the netcode was as good - whenever I played it would drop packets pretty often, and every time that happened the game would crash. Playing it on a wired connection helped a little, but not by much...
Davidizer13

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:18 am

It's been allright. It runs glitchy and slow for me and the particle engine is really poorly optomized so it really gets jerky around things like lightning.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Sammy Boy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:51 am

Peanut wrote:I've been considering trying it out since I'm a fan of the Torchlight series and Diablo 3 left a lot to be desired.

I agree, though most of my issue was around the fact that I couldn't even log in to play Diablo 3 during the first few weeks when it was released.

It's the only game I've ever had technical issues with.

Davidizer13 wrote:I've messed around with it a little, and I like what I see. If only the netcode was as good - whenever I played it would drop packets pretty often, and every time that happened the game would crash. Playing it on a wired connection helped a little, but not by much...

Could it be due to the location of the servers (but I think there is an American server as well) ?
Sammy Boy

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews