Smashing News

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Smashing News

Postby LupoRedgrave » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:47 am

Some of you may know this already, but there may be some that do not: I just wanted to tell that.....

There is a fourth Super Smash Brothers game on its way! :D

Unlike the other 3 previous game this one has two different versions: one is for the 3ds and the other is for the Wii U.

Naturally there will be differences on between the two:

One: the graphics.
This is an image from the 3ds version: Image
This one is from the Wii U version: Image

Two: The Stages will vary according to which one you get: the 3DS having stages from handheld games, whilst the Wii U having stages from console games.

The 3ds will have some form of Character Customization.
The two versions will not have cross-platform play due to the different stages in each version but the customizable characters function can be transferred over to the other version and back.

The newest Fighters to the series with the links going to their trailers, and next to them their names in a spoiler tag.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nl-KdTLIoc Spoiler SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Mega Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct7v9FBIL9s Spoiler SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The Wii Fitness Trainer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvudMu-5kIU Spoiler SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The Villager

Returning to fight (currently - will be updated):
Pikachu, Link, Mario,Donkey Kong, Pit, Fox, Kirby, Samus & Bowser
...Proverbs 4:18...
LupoRedgrave

Re: Smashing News

Postby Crossfire » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:19 am

I hope/wish Snake will still be in the game. I mean, there's MGS3D, right? That gives me a faint hope.
Crossfire

Postby LupoRedgrave » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:06 pm

Yes, Crossfire there is a Metal Gear Solid for the 3DS: Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3DS.
Little updates:
The tripping mechanic in Brawl has been removed.
The game's speed and mechanics will be a balance of Brawl & Melee
The reason Sakurai has outlined the fighters in the 3DS version is so that they can be seen easier from far away.
LupoRedgrave

Postby Masaru » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:43 am

Since veterans weren't in spoiler tags in the original post, I'm gonna guess it's okay to reveal those? =P

Anyhow, Olimar was confirmed to be returning a few days ago.
http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/pikmin.html

Makes sense, what with all the Pikmin 3 hype.. xD
Masaru

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:57 pm

Never really cared much for Olimar in SSBB.
PIT <3 >u<
Still twilight princess Link, eh? Guess there's not much of a difference though XD (but if he doesn't turn into a wolf this time...*raises fist*)
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Nate » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:46 pm

[mod snip for inappropriate content, plus being off topic.]
Last edited by goldenspines on Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: :I

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby LupoRedgrave » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:29 pm

Masaru wrote:Since veterans weren't in spoiler tags in the original post, I'm gonna guess it's okay to reveal those? =P

Anyhow, Olimar was confirmed to be returning a few days ago.
http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/pikmin.html

Makes sense, what with all the Pikmin 3 hype.. xD

I thought it'd be OK, but if you would like me to put a spoiler tag on it, I will.

Masaru you beat me to it, I was going to mention Olimar just now.
Also it seems there could be exclusive characters as I cannot find a 3DS image of Olimar....

Sorry for not updating as much as I should. :(
LupoRedgrave

Postby Masaru » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:14 pm

From what I remember from various interviews with Sakurai, characters will be the same across both versions, but they'll have different stages, and some vague comments about being able to customize a character.. no one has any idea what it means yet, though.
Masaru

Postby LupoRedgrave » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:13 pm

Masaru, that is also what I have read too, about characters being in both versions, the stages depending on which version you have and customising characters.
It could be they'll put the 3ds version pictures of Olimar up later, as I still can't find any.
I'm also happy Pit has returned.

For those of you that have the latest Fire Emblem game, Fire Emblem Awakening, there is no word on any returning characters will be back for another fight (such as Marth, Roy or Ike) or any new characters being confirmed.
However there is a stage, 'Arena Ferox', that strongly appears to be based on the Regna Ferox arena from Awakening.

In regards to Roy as to if he will be back, his inclusion in Melee was to promote his game in Japan. However with the most of the DLCs, the Xenologues, in Awakening consisting of previous Fire Emblem lords fighting each other for one reason or another, Roy and Ike included, it is possible Roy could be back....Ike may come back, although he replaced Roy for Brawl. Fire Emblem even made a reference to the Smash series with one of the 3 DLCs being called 'Smash brethren' the first two even have SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Roy's army fighting Ike's army and Micaiah and Sothe with their team take to the battlefield having teamed up with Ike..
Although if Fire Emblem characters do return, I'm guessing Marth would have to be back as he is the first Lord of the first game, Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi (ファイアーエムブレム 暗黒竜と光の剣 Fire Emblem: The Dark Dragon and Sword of Light, titled Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragons and Blade of Light of the series in Super Smash Bros Brawl. The game got remade and released on the DS titled as 'Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon'. Now that Marth's game has been released in English....I wonder who will be his English voice actor? (same question applies to Roy if he makes it back).

Moving on:

The stages we have so far.

3DS
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: battlefield
A Mario theme one - unnamed
Gerudo Valley
Spirit Train
Arena Ferox
DK themed stage - unnamed
Nintendogs themed stage - unnamed

Wii U
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Battlefield
An unnamed staged based on a boxing ring
Skyloft
Smashville
Dr, Wily's Lair
Last edited by LupoRedgrave on Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LupoRedgrave

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:25 pm

I wish Roy would come back >.< he was my favorite character in melee ;w;

Postby LupoRedgrave » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:57 pm

Panda4christ:3 wrote:I wish Roy would come back >.< he was my favorite character in melee ;w;

This. :D He was my favourite too.
LupoRedgrave

Postby Masaru » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:42 am

Luigi confirmed for returning today.. not that it's very surprising, lol.
http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/luigi.html

There also appears to be a SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Pilotwings stage confirmed; this pic is from Sakurai's daily update thing: (don't click if you really care about stage spoilers I guess)
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/s ... lL09LA8agg

Pretty neat stuff but I want to know more newcomers xD
..although I do hope some of my Brawl mains return as well.
Masaru

Postby Furen » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:18 am

Panda4christ:3 wrote:I wish Roy would come back >.< he was my favorite character in melee ;w;

Roy's okay, if it were Roy Mustang that would be great :P

I like Fire Emblem characters though, so I'd want him back, but if I could choose others, I'd choose Hector or Lyn, they'd be sweet.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby LupoRedgrave » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:55 pm

Some old faces have returned.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Princess peach is back for another round royally smashing.
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Everyone's beloved high-speed blue hedgehog Sonic, is back.
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Fans can welcome back the familiar cell-shaded image of Toon Link
LupoRedgrave

Postby Masaru » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:03 pm

Yeah, no real surprises there.. I got lazy with posting them xD and then Sakurai decides to reveal a bunch in a row!

I think we can reasonably anticipate another Pokemon being revealed in tandem with the release of X/Y next week or so. I really want to see Lucario come back, but we'll see. xD
Masaru

Postby LupoRedgrave » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:20 pm

A little something for the Pokémon fans.
There's a picture of a Pikachu....and the back of the head of Xerneas the legendary Pokemon from Pokemon X
Will it become a Pokeball? Or will it be apart of a stage?
Last edited by LupoRedgrave on Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LupoRedgrave

Postby Crossfire » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:30 pm

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Sonic... not surprising, but I have no affinity towards the name. Snaaaaake, where art thou?
Crossfire

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:11 pm

Crossfire wrote:Snaaaaake, where art thou?

Didn't you hear? They replaced him with Sousuke Sagara, since he was unanimously voted more awesome than Snake.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby drill » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:29 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:
Crossfire wrote:Snaaaaake, where art thou?

Didn't you hear? They replaced him with Sousuke Sagara, since he was unanimously voted more awesome than Snake.

That would be great! I would get the game just to play as Sousuke :D
drill

Postby Davidizer13 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:00 pm

Full Metal Panic has shown up on Nintendo consoles a few times through the portable Super Robot Wars games, but so have Gundam, Mazinger, Dancougar... Don't hold your breath.(That is, if you were serious in the first place...)
Davidizer13

Postby drill » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:30 pm

Davidizer13 wrote:Full Metal Panic has shown up on Nintendo consoles a few times through the portable Super Robot Wars games, but so have Gundam, Mazinger, Dancougar... Don't hold your breath.(That is, if you were serious in the first place...)

I'm being completely serious! Sousuke would make all the difference in the world. However, I already knew that and wasn't really expecting him to be in there. However, I didn't know about Super Robot Wars, I'll look into that.
drill

Postby LupoRedgrave » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:39 pm

Another fighter has returned and this one is unsurprising cause we already have Mario.
Luigi. Is. Back.
LupoRedgrave

Postby LupoRedgrave » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:27 pm

"Kyou mo ikinobiru koto ga dekita"「今日も生き延びることが出来た。」 - "I have survived today."

First we had Arena Ferox...now we have someone from the Fire Emblem series.

The Prince of Altea returns!

~and so does the Link vs Marth fights.~

on the 3DS version it looks like he could have come straight out of Fire Emblem Awakening!

Which could be true in a way because SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Marth is a Spot Pass Character and a DLC character for Awakening, so yes you can have him fight in your army.

Now two questions remain:
1) who will voice Marth in English? Now that we have finally have Fire Emblem 1: Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi (Dragon of Darkness and Sword of Light), outside Japan, in the form: Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon.
2) Who will be the other Lord aside from him to join the arena?

Massive Fire Emblem fan over here~
Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to go play Shadow Dragon
Last edited by LupoRedgrave on Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LupoRedgrave

Postby Crossfire » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:34 pm

Aw yeah, my favourite character to use in Melee is back. This pleases me.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: But it's no substitute for SNAAAAAAAAKE.
Crossfire

Postby LupoRedgrave » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:36 pm

Um...I hope it was OK that I double posted, but if everyone wants I can put Marth in the announcement of Luigi post I made...sorry!

Being a large Fire Emblem fan I am happy that he came back too, although seeing as he is the first Lord and "father" of the Fire Emblem series his return is inevitable :D

Also found this amusing image as one of the screenshots.
LupoRedgrave

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:36 pm

I know it's too much to hope for, but I kind of wish a non-protagonist Fire Emblem character would appear. *shrug* But Marth is cool too. Though I'll be pretty bummed if Ike doesn't join him. (Wouldn't it be awesome if we had Ephraim?)
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby drill » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:20 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:I know it's too much to hope for, but I kind of wish a non-protagonist Fire Emblem character would appear. *shrug* But Marth is cool too. Though I'll be pretty bummed if Ike doesn't join him. (Wouldn't it be awesome if we had Ephraim?)

Yes! Ephraim would be awesome :D We also need Seth.
drill

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:40 am

and hector ;-;

Postby LupoRedgrave » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:39 am

I agree with the both of you, having Hector and possibly Ephraim - or one who is not a "lord" character (for non FE-players: that is if that character - the Lord - dies then its game over although not all Lord characters are of nobility or royalty - for example Ike, although he does become one briefly).

Instead of just being a Trophy, Queen Elincia, (her Pegasus could be a FInal Smash or something) could be another candidate or even Micaiah - although I can see Micaiah turning out to fight in a similar manner to Princess Zelda. :(

FE 2: Alm would bring another blade to the arena.
Celica, like Alm, is another "Lord" character however she uses magic and swords so things could get interesting.

Those are just my thoughts.
LupoRedgrave

Postby Masaru » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:09 pm

About a month late on commenting on the Marth announcement, but..

I thought for *sure* that the next character was going to be a Pokemon on account of X and Y being released relatively close to that announcement, lol..
I want Lucario to return so badly.. even though it's entirely possible they could cut him x_x; He's still pretty popular though so I guess there's a decent chance.
Masaru

Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews