Wii U: Are you getting one?

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Wii U: Are you getting one?

Postby johnaze » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:02 am

Being a nintendo fan, I'm gonna pre order the deluxe one when it's possible here. Probably getting New Super Mario Bros. U and probably something else.

What about you folks? Thinking about getting one?

--
Tried to search around the forum, but couldn't find a Wii U so thought i should make one :P
johnaze

Postby xxelement » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:53 am

I'll get one after a price drop.
xxelement

Postby Vilo159 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:48 am

I'll get one after theyre not super expensive, maybe in a couple years.
Vilo159

Postby battletech » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:50 am

I am but not any time soon. I don't see me having any extra money till 2013.
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby SilverToast » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:54 am

I will probably get one in a few years after a price drop and when more games are out for it.
SilverToast

Postby Zeldafan2 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:57 am

Vilo159 (post: 1590653) wrote:I'll get one after theyre not super expensive, maybe in a couple years.

Ace33Wing (post: 1590660) wrote:I will probably get one in a few years after a price drop and when more games are out for it.

xxelement (post: 1590651) wrote:I'll get one after a price drop.

All of this.
Zeldafan2

Postby MomentOfInertia » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:21 am

Eventually, probably.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:08 pm

When will Nintendo ever going to make a console system that actually competes with Microsoft and Sony?

8 or 32 gigabytes of internal memory? Seriously?
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Crossfire » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:12 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1590683) wrote:When will Nintendo ever going to make a console system that actually competes with Microsoft and Sony?

8 or 32 gigabytes of internal memory? Seriously?

Depends on how much space the games and applications take up, I guess.

I'm excited for this system, but I honestly can't see myself purchasing it in the near future. I might pick one up if I'm in Japan for a prolonged amount of time, but that's still debatable.
Crossfire

Postby Popyman » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:25 am

I will get one eventually. I don't have the extra cash for it now, sadly. :(
"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."
--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts
Popyman

Postby armeck » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:17 am

I would think so eventually but seeing as I just got a 360 probably not for a while
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Furen » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:47 pm

battletech (post: 1590658) wrote:I am but not any time soon. I don't see me having any extra money till 2013.

Likely what I'll have to do too.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby armeck » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:35 pm

The biggest reason why i want it is for all the new nintendo games, i mean, i hear the third party support will be better but i love nintendo consoles for nintendo games, which wont all be out for a bit
armeck

Postby Banana Lobster » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:02 pm

MomentOfInertia (post: 1590669) wrote:Eventually, probably.

Only if there's a new Legend of Zelda game coming out soon that you can only play on the Wii U. :XD:
Banana Lobster

Postby armeck » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:30 pm

Knowing Nintendo they will probably first port skyward sword to the wii u
armeck

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:15 pm

Will not get one. I will be waiting for the Xbox 720 to come out and that is all I need.
Roy Mustang

Postby rocklobster » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:58 am

Still enjoying my Wii. So no.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby shooraijin » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:04 am

I might get one to hack, since I'm curious about the CPU. But that's a little different than playing games on one. 8)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:51 pm

I have school to worry about, need a new laptop, and have monthly payments on my phone bill to worry about, and I'd prefer not to graduate with 900 dollar a month loan payments for 10 years. I don't think I'll be buying a new gaming system for a long time. Even if the PS4 were to drop in a year, I wouldn't be getting one for a LONG time...

As for internal memory, yeah... 8 gigs is pathetic, when dual layer DVDs hold more than that, and that number is no doubt rounded up anyhow. Maybe there will be another version released later with a proper harddrive in it. Since they are apparently still BC with Gamecube games (except plugins like the gameboy player, of course...) I may get one at some point. Provided my PS3 doesn't die in that time, I'll have systems capable of playing PS1, 2, 3, Gamecube, Wii, and WiiU, as well as NES, Genesis, SNES, TurboGraphX 16... That would be nice.

Man, I hope my fully BC PS3 doesn't die on me...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Furen » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:27 am

Bobtheduck (post: 1598372) wrote:As for internal memory, yeah... 8 gigs is pathetic, when dual layer DVDs hold more than that, and that number is no doubt rounded up anyhow.

My friend and I were looking at that as well, we both thought that was WAY too small, even if you bought the deluxe version, which has a larger hard drive. Last I checked 32G, which is still too small for someone such as myself. We thought it may have a trick up it's sleeve for saving and whatnot, so it's larger than it seems.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby SilverToast » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:59 am

At least you can connect an external terabyte hard drive to it. Although you do need to format the drive. They will probably be less expensive in the future along with the Wii U.
SilverToast

Postby Crossfire » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:33 am

I've seen 2TB hard drives for as little as $120, so I'd sooner pick up one of those with the basic console.
Crossfire

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:00 pm

Not likely. :(

As much as I love Nintendo, I like our Wii and still get a lot of playtime out of it. I'd be more likely to upgrade to the 3DS... and will have too when the next generation of Pokemon comes out, I'm sure. XD Also, I don't have that kind of money kicking around right now. :P
"Contract?"
A_Yellow_Dress

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:10 pm

Can you store full games on external drives? I'm curious about this for WiiU as well as X360. PS3 only lets games be stored on an internal drive that is formatted in a way that only the PS3 can read it. Of course, you can use ANY internal drive you want, unlike MS and WiiU, so if you can use external drives for games on the WiiU, I guess that would undo some of that worry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Crossfire » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:19 pm

From what I understand, as long as you format the drive properly it should work.
Crossfire

Postby AndrewinIce » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:29 pm

As much as I would love to get one the first day it comes out, to play and to support Nintendo, I can't. In plain language, I have no money...

Every time I read about it though, I can't... help...but...:drool:
The Creating of a Story, be it TV show, novel, video game, is process one can not undertake lightly. When you create a story, you had better be prepared for the emotional ties you will have to all characters, as they all come from you.
AndrewinIce

Postby Furen » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:31 am

AndrewinIce (post: 1599026) wrote:As much as I would love to get one the first day it comes out, to play and to support Nintendo, I can't. In plain language, I have no money...

Every time I read about it though, I can't... help...but...:drool:

It's already out, but I'm with you, I just wanna play it
Furen

Postby acgifford » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:31 am

It's cool, but my wii is just fine. I'll wait until the price comes down like I did for the wii and DS. I don't have that kind of money floating around.
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Re: Wii U: Are you getting one?

Postby Slater » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:04 am

Saw some at the local BestBuy today and I was shocked at the $349.99 pricetag. Goodness, Nintendo, what are you doing with all these high prices lately? Didn't you learn from the 3DS that it doesn't work?

As others have said, MAYBE I'll get one after the price drop, and maybe if there are any good games on it (a new Smash Bros?).
Slater

Re: Wii U: Are you getting one?

Postby Crossfire » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm

*May as well do a bit of a grave-digging rather than post a nigh-identical thread.

So, two days ago I walked home from work with a Wii U in tow. The "Wind Waker HD Deluxe Wii U" to be precise. A little over a year since the console was released, and I surprisingly decided to pick one up with the price dropping down to $299 (and because I can't find a PS4 anywhere). I would really, really be loving this console- if I had a stable internet connection. As it stands, the Wii U seems to be pretty finicky in that regard... my satellite-based modem has a habit of disconnecting and reconnecting in the space of a few seconds, and during that time the U stops whatever its downloading and gives me an error report. Frustratingly annoying, but that's a problem on my end and sadly I can't do anything about it.

I have yet to pick up any games though. Downloading Wind Waker isn't really an option because of the stuff written above*, so I'm thinking of picking up Super Mario 3D World right now and a few others during the boxing week sales.

*Update! For whatever reason the satellite connection is pretty stable at the moment so I'm attempting to download LoZ. Hopefully it'll be finished in two or three hours, providing the connection will stay during that time.
Crossfire

Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews