Snake, you can't do that! You've created a time paradox!! (New MGS announced)

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Snake, you can't do that! You've created a time paradox!! (New MGS announced)

Postby Crossfire » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:33 am

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero.

Open-world MGS... with the Boss?! My life is ready. Bring it on, Kojima-san!
Crossfire

Postby Popyman » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:47 pm

This sounds so amazing. :D The open world will probably dumb stuff down and make it even less about stealth...but a MGS open world game just sounds so awesome. :A:
Popyman

Postby Crossfire » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:58 pm

Popyman (post: 1587015) wrote:This sounds so amazing. :D The open world will probably dumb stuff down and make it even less about stealth...

Don't think so. This...

IGN article wrote:"Snake crawled @ avoiding searchlights, killed guard, rode jeep, called in heli for evac. Sounds like MG, but the scale & atmosphere... Wow."

...combined with this....

"In the demo, Big Boss crawled to avoid some searchlights. After a quick stealth kill, he hopped in a jeep and called in a helicopter for evac. The concept behind Ground Zero is that this is a "Game without Game Over". So even if a player is discovered in this stealth title, the part where the game would usually end (their discovery) turns into their escape. It sounds like Kojima Productions is adding a new spin to the sneaking genre—a genre the developer is a master of."

...makes me hopeful.
Crossfire

Postby Crossfire » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:01 pm

Trailer.

Somehow I think this will become a title for the "next-gen" systems. PS4 launch, anyone?
Crossfire

Postby Xeno » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:20 pm

Crossfire (post: 1587239) wrote:Trailer.

Somehow I think this will become a title for the "next-gen" systems. PS4 launch, anyone?

Ugh, new gaming systems? I don't want to spend more money on a new playstation.
Xeno

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:33 pm

I wouldn't worry about it being dumbed down... has anyone here seen the trailors for Watch Dogs or Dishonored? Theres a wave of new games coming in the free roaming arena that just look crazy.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Popyman » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:20 pm

That trailer...pure genius. :A: I love where this whole thing is going. Snake and Big Boss have now starred in the same number of games and, just like Snake, Big Boss is getting old for his (hopefully) finale.
Popyman

Postby Crossfire » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:24 pm

Huh, apparently Ground Zero will be a prequel of sorts to MGS5. Interesting...
Crossfire

Postby Popyman » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:29 pm

Where did you hear that? I was hoping this was the MGS5...Why must they constantly dangle the possibility of them ruining the impact of 4 by continuing Snake's story?? >_<
Popyman

Postby Crossfire » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:35 pm

Kojima himself stated it...I think... I'll try to find the article tommorow.

Edit: Here you go.
Crossfire

Postby Popyman » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:12 pm

Ah, alright, cool. I guess that still supports the idea that Big Boss will be the focus of MGS5. I really hope so, MGS4 should stay the end of the series, timeline wise.
Popyman

Postby Furen » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:04 pm

On a related note, they also have a movie planned for MGS soon.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Crossfire » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:34 pm

Yep, created a thread for that in General Entertainment.
Crossfire

Re: Snake, you can't do that! You've created a time paradox!! (New MGS announced)

Postby Crossfire » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:57 pm

So, "The Phantom Pain" was announced today at the VGA's. It's from a developer named "Moby Dick Studios", the head-honcho being "Joakim Mogren". What does this have to do with this thread, you may ask?

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Because it's a friggin' Metal Gear Solid title.
Last edited by Crossfire on Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crossfire

Re: Snake, you can't do that! You've created a time paradox!! (New MGS announced)

Postby Crossfire » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:36 pm

Here's an update: "The Phantom Pain" and "Ground Zeroes" are apparently one and the same, giving us Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
Crossfire

Postby LupoRedgrave » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:58 am

Looks great! Can't wait!
...Proverbs 4:18...
LupoRedgrave

Postby Crossfire » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:16 pm

Also, apparently it will receive an Xbox release alongside the PS3/4. I'm sorta glad that MGS is going multi-platform.
Crossfire

Postby Crossfire » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:25 am

Bumping the thread, considering the first game is releasing very soon. Also, some audio files were leaked onto youtube.

Without spoiling too much... Kojima's gone and done it. This has to be some of the most shocking stuff I've seen in a video game, and I mean that in the worst possible way. It's not a complete lie to say that I felt physically sick to my stomach during most of the sequences. I thought the director's "the game is going to be really controversial" statement was in reference to Boss becoming the villain or the use of child soldiers or something. Never have I been so wrong.
Crossfire

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:19 am

Care to say what those are and mark them with spoiler tags?
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Crossfire » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:59 am

Right, here's the basic gist.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Evil dude captures and proceeds to torture a kid and woman, and then forces the kid to start torturing said woman. After that initial sequence the kid (who is around twelve years of age) and the woman (who is in her twenties) decide to have consensual sex, after which the boy breaks down and resorts back to ye olde torture. They eventually get rescued by Snake and co, but not before the evil guy stuffs two bombs into the woman's stomach. She jumps out of the rescue helicopter and goes boom.
Crossfire

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews