XBLA - Sonic Games 50% off!

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

XBLA - Sonic Games 50% off!

Postby Okami » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:27 pm

@Xbox: For foiling Dr. Eggman’s dastardly designs for 2 decades, get Sonic the Hedgehog (E) games & more up to 50% off on XBLA http://xbx.lv/hX0k4k
(Source) ...Although in my feed it only showed up via Trillian and my phone, and not the site itself...which was weird...

Anyone else taking up this offer and buying some Sonic games? I've had plans to buy Sonic Adventure/DX for a while, but never had the points to do so. I recently got a 4,000 points card, and with it was able to make the two downloads for less than the original price of the game! :dance:
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby ADXC » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:49 pm

Wow, it would be nice if this wasn't just for Xbox.
ADXC

Postby Furen » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:32 pm

I just wouldn't feel right playing it on any system other than Nintendo, though If I did have an X-blarg I'd likely get used to it... eventually.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Okami » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:01 pm

Furen (post: 1486505) wrote:I just wouldn't feel right playing it on any system other than Nintendo, though If I did have an X-blarg I'd likely get used to it... eventually.

Uh...but Sonic began on Sega systems and was ported to Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft later. Sure, Nintendo now has taken the reigns on most Sonic games, but that doesn't give any reason to be specific towards any one console...no Sonic game plays like Sonic on the old Sega systems, but that won't stop me from reliving childhood's nostalgia. :)
Okami

Postby ADXC » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:48 pm

The absolute best system to play Sonic games (The actual good ones), IMO, is on the Genesis.

Remember, Sega DOES what Nintendon't!

XDDD
ADXC

Postby Furen » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:54 pm

ADXC (post: 1486524) wrote:The absolute best system to play Sonic games (The actual good ones), IMO, is on the Genesis.

Remember, Sega DOES what Nintendon't!

XDDD

I agree with this but I was talking about the current live systems, though this may be my no Xbox kicking in (I used to be the biggest Sonic fan ever)
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby ADXC » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:55 pm

Well my Genesis is still CURRENTly aLIVE so I'll play on that if I have the urge to play Sonic games.
ADXC

Postby Okami » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:41 pm

Reel it in, boys. Let's not make this a console wars thread. ;)

In reliving SA/DX through the 360, I can say that it runs much smoother than it ever did on the GameCube. (Or at least that I can remember.) I've been waiting a long time to be able to play with Chao gardens on my xbox, and I'm hoping one day they will come out with some sort of Live Chao garden to do online karate and race matchups and so on. (One can dream...) Regardless, the game has shown its age through dialogue and graphics - but it makes it none the less enjoyable. :)
Okami

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:38 pm

HOLY CRAP.

Virtual On is on that list. I loved that in the arcade. I might get some of these.
Shao Feng-Li

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews