Wii U

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Wii U

Postby Furen » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:19 pm

What are your thoughts on Nintendo's newest unveiling for the gaming industry?
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:44 pm

Meh, it if games then maybe i'll be interested. Nintendo has been all about innovation recently and they have been putting out more shovelware than any other company.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Jingo Jaden » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:19 pm

Most useless invention since the eagle-propelled balloon.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby ADXC » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:37 pm

Kinda interesting, but honestly, I would just like better games instead. :P
ADXC

Postby Sheenar » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:29 pm

It sounds like a siren --Wii-U, Wii-U, Wii-U. Bad choice of name, in my opinion.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Darth_Kirby » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:57 am

Sheenar (post: 1483473) wrote:It sounds like a siren --Wii-U, Wii-U, Wii-U. Bad choice of name, in my opinion.

lol but that's what they said about the Wii as well if I recall. All the potty jokes and Wii, wii!! (french jokes)

Edit: I thought it was very cool! You can play your console games on your controller! That may not appeal to some of you, but that appeals to me.
Join the Darth side... No really! Join! The pension plan is great and they match all your 401K's!! XD

[color="Cyan"]True freedom is the ability to do what you know is right without fear of persecution.[/color]

[color="Lime"]I finally understand that justice is not born out of the desire for revenge or hatred, but it is born out of love for one’s fellow man.[/color]

Darth_Kirby (post: 1481540) wrote:Ah, the beast of terminology... how many more arguments will you start... XP
Darth_Kirby

Postby Midori » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:36 pm

As long as they don't try to port Skyward Sword to it, I'm all for it.
Midori

Postby Peanut » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:24 pm

I've noticed two people mention a lack of games for this console...you guys need to watch E3 and see the loads of third party support Nintendo has already announced for this system. Now, to kind of play the devil's advocate against...myself, I know in the past Nintendo hasn't been particularly good at getting and keeping 3rd party content so its possible this will all crash. But when you announce stuff like Batman Arkham City is coming to your system, you've won my faith back. Now we just have to see how these games turn out.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby armeck » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:57 pm

ADXC (post: 1483454) wrote:Kinda interesting, but honestly, I would just like better games instead. :P

Peanut (post: 1483696) wrote:I've noticed two people mention a lack of games for this console...you guys need to watch E3 and see the loads of third party support Nintendo has already announced for this system. Now, to kind of play the devil's advocate against...myself, I know in the past Nintendo hasn't been particularly good at getting and keeping 3rd party content so its possible this will all crash. But when you announce stuff like Batman Arkham City is coming to your system, you've won my faith back. Now we just have to see how these games turn out.

http://gizmodo.com/5809984/nintendo-wii-u-faq
they are trying really hard to get third party games onto it (i didn't read the comments on this article so idk if they are strewn with language or not)
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Cognitive Gear » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:26 pm

Here is a controller demo to show the most basic things that can be done with Wii U.

It certainly looks like it could be a lot of fun, but I think that the most important thing will be games, which will be determined, in part, by how advanced the hardware on Sony and Microsoft's next consoles is. If it's a gap similar to Wii vs PS3 and Xbox 360, then we will likely have the same situation on our hands.

Hopefully not, though. I think that being lighter on the hardware side of things is a good move for this coming generation, to give devs a chance to catch up with the skyrocketing costs of AAA game production. I'd be satisfied with next gen simply looking like this gen, only with 1080p and 60 fps standard.
Cognitive Gear

Postby UniqueAngelStar » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:43 am

I'm pretty impressed about the Wii U because it seems more fun and interactive than the original Wii itself.
Although honestly the controller is too big as a ipad, the whole system really got me impressed, especially the cool features.

Overall, it's a cool counsel, but I wouldn't buy it, just like I didn't buy the Wii.
Nintendo never dissapoints me, always their big fan.
ImageImage
[color="DarkOrchid"]@)[/color][color="DarkGreen"]}~`,~[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Proud member of[/color] MOES!
UniqueAngelStar

Postby Kingdom » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:53 am

Not for me, but I'm sure people are going to find it fun and exciting.
Kingdom

Postby Riggidig » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:18 am

GrubbTheFragger (post: 1483440) wrote:Meh, it if games then maybe i'll be interested. Nintendo has been all about innovation recently and they have been putting out more shovelware than any other company.

This is true. I wish they'd stop trying so hard to be original and focus more on the GAMES than coming up with the next wheel. The last time I bought a Nintendo game was a couple of years ago for my GB Advance SP at a second hand shop.
[color="Yellow"]My deviantART Gallery[/color]

[color="DarkOrange"][font="Century Gothic"]"Life is not about NOT getting hit. It's about learning to TAKE a hit, rolling with the punches, and at its worst, learning to get up after a knockout.[/font][/color]
Riggidig

Postby Magicman7200 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:14 pm

it all looks cool to me but I worry about the PRICE
Magicman7200

Postby battletech » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:07 am

This is the first thought I had. Metroid in high definition with online multipayer please.
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby Darth_Kirby » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:20 pm

Magicman7200 (post: 1484002) wrote:it all looks cool to me but I worry about the PRICE

I too, share your fears about the price.
Join the Darth side... No really! Join! The pension plan is great and they match all your 401K's!! XD

[color="Cyan"]True freedom is the ability to do what you know is right without fear of persecution.[/color]

[color="Lime"]I finally understand that justice is not born out of the desire for revenge or hatred, but it is born out of love for one’s fellow man.[/color]

Darth_Kirby (post: 1481540) wrote:Ah, the beast of terminology... how many more arguments will you start... XP
Darth_Kirby

Postby Slater » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:02 pm

Slater

Postby Kingdom » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:13 am

LOL
Greatest picture for this E3! Love it!
Kingdom

Postby TheMewster » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:00 am

That picture is win. Anyway, I read about the Wii U and I'm not that impressed actually.
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby UniqueAngelStar » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:05 am

That pic pretty sums up about the e3. So true, lol!
ImageImage
[color="DarkOrchid"]@)[/color][color="DarkGreen"]}~`,~[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Proud member of[/color] MOES!
UniqueAngelStar

Postby armeck » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:39 am

I read an article recently that said that valve is wanting to make games playable on the wii u XD
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Darth_Kirby » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:05 pm

I really don't like how they will only have one of the new controlers per console. (Not in the original package, but in the systems capabilities).

Darth_Kirby

Postby CAAOutkast » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:55 am

I'm only gonna buy it for its Backwards compatibility(if it has that) and for the new Super Smash Bros. game.
Eternal Fan of Sailor Moon and the Original Mega Man!
CAAOutkast

Postby Furen » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:30 pm

Darth_Kirby (post: 1486664) wrote:I really don't like how they will only have one of the new controlers per console. (Not in the original package, but in the systems capabilities).

Two controllers was also a though for them, but hey, there's lots of stuff it's supposed to do
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:42 pm

As anything I say on this matter will be construed as fanboyism, let me simply say I would buy one if they came out with a new Earthbound game on it, or did an upgrade / release of the original 3 in the US. I wouldn't care much what the controller looked like, how many people could use it, if it had BC, if it had decent internet abilities, what the other games looked like...

You know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:12 am

Darth_Kirby (post: 1483588) wrote:lol but that's what they said about the Wii as well if I recall. All the potty jokes and Wii, wii!! (french jokes)

Edit: I thought it was very cool! You can play your console games on your controller! That may not appeal to some of you, but that appeals to me.

So then, no one will actually need a TV to go with the Wii U?
Shao Feng-Li

Postby battletech » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:45 pm

That is a good question. Looks to me like a handheld /console hybrid.
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby Furen » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:44 am

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1488664) wrote:So then, no one will actually need a TV to go with the Wii U?

Depends on the game, developers decide how the controller is, some developers (like the Mario game in the trailer for the Wii U) have decided to let you do that. Some make the controller more in-depth, similar to the touch screens for the DS screens.
Furen

Postby Nate » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:21 am

Well, it's official. Nintendo is the absolute worst game company and they suck. And I hope the Wii-U fails, I hope it destroys them financially. Nintendo doesn't give a crap about its customers and I'm sick of it. I'm done, Nintendo. DONE. You have fallen so far from grace, it's not even funny.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Riggidig » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:33 pm

[color="Yellow"]My deviantART Gallery[/color]

[color="DarkOrange"][font="Century Gothic"]"Life is not about NOT getting hit. It's about learning to TAKE a hit, rolling with the punches, and at its worst, learning to get up after a knockout.[/font][/color]
Riggidig

Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews