The New Super Smash Brothers...

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

The New Super Smash Brothers...

Postby Darth_Kirby » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:41 pm

I'm a big SSB fan. I have all three games. But the new Wii is coming out soon and that means there will likely be a new SSB soon as well. So... does anyone have any ideas about what new characters might make the roster? :)
Join the Darth side... No really! Join! The pension plan is great and they match all your 401K's!! XD

[color="Cyan"]True freedom is the ability to do what you know is right without fear of persecution.[/color]

[color="Lime"]I finally understand that justice is not born out of the desire for revenge or hatred, but it is born out of love for one’s fellow man.[/color]

Darth_Kirby (post: 1481540) wrote:Ah, the beast of terminology... how many more arguments will you start... XP
Darth_Kirby

Postby ADXC » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:46 pm

This would be better for the game forum.

http://www.christiananime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=11
ADXC

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:23 am

Mega Man would be awesome. After all, they have Sonic and Snake, so why not one of the coolest third-party characters ever to grace a Nintendo system?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Okami » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:49 am

I'm still hoping for Tails and Knuckles as playables. They have Fox, Wolf, and Falco, so why not the Sonic trio as well?

Not to mention each would be relatively different....where as the Star Fox three are basically playing the same character.
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Masquerade1412 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:47 am

That sounds pretty good!
Even better if they add Shadow!
Sincerely,
The Last Wizard of the Century
Masquerade1412

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:32 pm

I'd like to see them add:

Paper Mario, Thousand Year Door version. He could have a few of his teammates hanging around in sort of a Ice Climbers/Pokemon Trainer way, and a ridiculous crystal star based final smash. And a Paper Mario stage would be cool, I can't believe they haven't done one already.

The King from Little King's Story. He'd wind up kind of like Olimar, I don't know quite how well this would work but I think it'd be neat.

And add Krystal to the Star Fox contingent. I think she'd be an interesting character (staff fighter with some range magic) and, like Okami said Fox, Falco, and Wolf are pretty much the same character.
Sheesh! add some variety!

And I'll second Mega Man.

I may add more later.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby armeck » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:07 pm

rocklobster (post: 1483021) wrote:Mega Man would be awesome. After all, they have Sonic and Snake, so why not one of the coolest third-party characters ever to grace a Nintendo system?

i agree but mega man is a capcom character so i doubt he will make it on :(

i would like to see bomberman as a character. soth (i think that was his name. he's a dude from one of the fire emblem games) possibly someone else from metroid. juno from jetforce jemini. and of course bringing back all the SSBM characters and not removing any SSBB ones
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Furen » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:34 pm

rocklobster (post: 1483021) wrote:Mega Man would be awesome. After all, they have Sonic and Snake, so why not one of the coolest third-party characters ever to grace a Nintendo system?

Actually, I believe they thought of doing that last time, but they changed it last minute as well as a bunch of assist trophies because of overpower, or not being sure how to go about it, they scrapped him last time, though I do hope he gets in this time.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Darth_Kirby » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:53 am

Okami (post: 1483039) wrote:I'm still hoping for Tails and Knuckles as playables. They have Fox, Wolf, and Falco, so why not the Sonic trio as well?

Not to mention each would be relatively different....where as the Star Fox three are basically playing the same character.

To see Knuckles would be cool! :) But I kind of felt that Wolf and Falco were too clone-ish. I feel that Shadow would probably be a Sonic clone like Falco and Wolf are Fox clones.

Furen (post: 1483140) wrote:Actually, I believe they thought of doing that last time, but they changed it last minute as well as a bunch of assist trophies because of overpower, or not being sure how to go about it, they scrapped him last time, though I do hope he gets in this time.

I heard that as well. Who knows! Maybe they left out some third party characters last time that they'll add this time around. *hopes for Megaman X or Zero* >.< lol

ADXC (post: 1483008) wrote:This would be better for the game forum.

http://www.christiananime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Thanks ADXC! Just didn't spot it on the forum. Now I know where it is. :)
Join the Darth side... No really! Join! The pension plan is great and they match all your 401K's!! XD

[color="Cyan"]True freedom is the ability to do what you know is right without fear of persecution.[/color]

[color="Lime"]I finally understand that justice is not born out of the desire for revenge or hatred, but it is born out of love for one’s fellow man.[/color]

Darth_Kirby (post: 1481540) wrote:Ah, the beast of terminology... how many more arguments will you start... XP
Darth_Kirby

Postby Nate » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:24 am

Okami wrote:I'm still hoping for Tails and Knuckles as playables. They have Fox, Wolf, and Falco, so why not the Sonic trio as well?

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby ABlipinTime » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:17 pm

oh great, another repeat. goes along with the "new" OoT. Nothing really creative coming from Nintendo this year. But whatever - apparently you guys don't get tired of this stuff.

Nate (post: 1483169) wrote:Image

it probably took you longer to post that than the required time for painting that image.
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby Darth_Kirby » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:54 am

Here's a character that I want to see in the next smash bros that some will think is an odd pick - Billy Hatcher. After all, he essentially faces huge monsters and magical creatures with little more than an egg. That takes guts! And skill. So I want to see Billy Hatcher of Sega make the cut.

Darth_Kirby

Postby Kerusso » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:36 am

Sadly, I don't think Billy would ever make it in the next one. He's just not popular enough, not mention his only game release was in... what, early 2000's? It's been pretty long since anyone's heard from him, and I doubt he's coming back.
Heaven is only Heaven because God is in it.

[color="YellowGreen"][/color]There's only one good thing about Mary Sues... they don't exist in real life.

Forcing religion, or any ideology for that matter, down someone's throat, is not that different from doing the same with a physical object: it's an unpleasant experience to the recipient, who will likely dislike you for it afterwards.
Kerusso

Postby mkalv » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:58 am

I love the Smash Bros. game, and this will be a day one purchase no matter what. I am just wondering which console I will buy it for.
No pain, no gain. I would prefer no pain, but still gain.
mkalv

Postby armeck » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:43 am

Kerusso (post: 1483616) wrote:Sadly, I don't think Billy would ever make it in the next one. He's just not popular enough, not mention his only game release was in... what, early 2000's? It's been pretty long since anyone's heard from him, and I doubt he's coming back.

Ness and lucas were from like way the heck ago and they still added them,
armeck

Postby Nate » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:32 pm

armeckthefirst wrote:Ness and lucas were from like way the heck ago and they still added them,

Because Mother 1 and 2 were phenomenal successes in Japan, as was Mother 3. Because Mother 2/Earthbound was so popular in Japan, that's why Ness was added into the original SSB, and stayed in Melee. By the way, Lucas was not from "way the heck ago," Mother 3 came out in 2006, just two years before Brawl was released.

Nate

Postby Midori » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:49 pm

I see the SSB thread goes straight into new character speculation. Personally I'd rather the developers tried harder at better balancing existing characters than at bringing new characters in.

I heard them say that it'd be playable on both the Wii U and the 3DS, with some sort of interaction between the two. While I'm skeptical as to whether they'll actually pull it off technically, I think that could be pretty awesome. With its control stick, the 3DS has enough stuff on it to be capable as an SSB controller (unlike a bare Wiimote or older DS), and the Wii U, between its touchscreen controller and the TV screen, has a dynamic surprisingly similar to the DS family. Best-case scenario is that a 3DS owner will be able to compete fairly and equally with a Wii U owner.

Also, both the 3DS and the Wii U are capable of seperating the HUD from the main screen, which is a huge OH YES in my opinion. I'm tired of missing recoveries and interceptions because there's a big "112%" in my way.

Also I hope SAAKUURAAAAIII is going to bring gameplay speed and hitstun time back to 64/Melee levels. Hardcore smashers (and I) still prefer Melee over Brawl because of that.
Midori

Postby armeck » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:15 am

I'm a harde core ssb fan and brawl is my favorite... The final smash is an item that is an absolute must IMO. Another DK character might be cool, like tiny or lanky.
armeck

Postby MrKrillz0r » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:01 am

I don't care much for final smash and other items since they make the game depend to much on luck, whenever I play its without items. And I also think they make the game more unbalanced over all. So what I hope for is a few new characters and that they at least maintain the balance, or make it better.

(I have nothing against items btw, but I like to play without them if I'm gaming seriously since it becomes more skill depending when you don't have items lying around which can make you insanely overpowered)
Game on!
MrKrillz0r

Postby Nate » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:14 pm

MrKrillz0r wrote:I don't care much for final smash and other items since they make the game depend to much on luck, whenever I play its without items. And I also think they make the game more unbalanced over all.

Psst, I'm just teasing. :p

Nate

Postby Darth_Kirby » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:16 pm

MrKrillz0r (post: 1483856) wrote:I don't care much for final smash and other items since they make the game depend to much on luck, whenever I play its without items. And I also think they make the game more unbalanced over all. So what I hope for is a few new characters and that they at least maintain the balance, or make it better.

(I have nothing against items btw, but I like to play without them if I'm gaming seriously since it becomes more skill depending when you don't have items lying around which can make you insanely overpowered)

hmm... lol I prefer playing both with and without items at times. Just depends whether or not I want an uber serious match or just to have a ball. :) Honestly, I think you need time off from serious competition to realize just how fun the game is. :jump:

Midori (post: 1483691) wrote:I see the SSB thread goes straight into new character speculation. Personally I'd rather the developers tried harder at better balancing existing characters than at bringing new characters in.

Also I hope SAAKUURAAAAIII is going to bring gameplay speed and hitstun time back to 64/Melee levels. Hardcore smashers (and I) still prefer Melee over Brawl because of that.

I agree that they should balance the characters more. I also loved the speed and hitstun of the older versions as well. :)

Darth_Kirby

Postby firestorm » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:05 pm

One thing I would like to see is if they follow through with what they put on the Proffessor Layton's Twitter page almost two years ago. Here's more info on it.

I would also like to see a Mii. And Also Goemon From Mystical Ninja back from N64 days. Also, judging from the part in the wii you trailer where they were drawing link, I wouldn't doubt that maxwell from scribblenauts or someone from Drawn to life would make for interesting game mechanics to play with.
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Gojira » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:09 pm

They need to add Simon Belmont from the Castlevania series.
Gojira

Postby ich1990 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:24 pm

Midori (post: 1483691) wrote:I see the SSB thread goes straight into new character speculation. Personally I'd rather the developers tried harder at better balancing existing characters than at bringing new characters in.

My thoughts exactly. Hopefully they will get rid of the clones and give each character a unique skillset. After that, balance balance balance. Balance is the most important thing in an arcade-type fighting game and this franchise has never had it.

Also, SSBB was just too slow, random, and so called "beginner friendly" to keep my interest for very long. Melee was so awesome that I still play it from time to time, and I haven't even gotten into super competitive play with wavedashing and cancels and all that.

Definitely hoping for something more refined and not just feature bloated.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Mister Frodo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:18 am

I've owned all three Smash Bros., and honestly Brawl is my favorite. It's probably because I'm not a hardcore player, but Brawl is just more fun for me (not to say Melee or the original aren't fun, of course), and while the only character I like to play in Melee is Fox, there are several characters I enjoy playing in Brawl (though none I'm very good with XD). While I don't know when or even if I'll be getting a Wii U or 3DS down the line, I'm really excited to hear another Smash Bros. is coming. The 3DS version really appeals to me. I think a portable Smash Bros. sounds like an awesome idea, and I think that, like Midori said, the 3DS could function well as a Smash Bros. controller.

What are they going to call it, though? Rumble? Arena? Fight? We should be having title speculation, people, not character speculation! (Unless they've already announced the title and I'm just being stupid.)
Mister Frodo

Postby Darth_Kirby » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:16 am

Mister Frodo (post: 1485035) wrote:What are they going to call it, though? Rumble? Arena? Fight? We should be having title speculation, people, not character speculation! (Unless they've already announced the title and I'm just being stupid.)

lol tiz a good question! What will they name it? I'm putting my bets on SSB War.

Darth_Kirby

Postby mkalv » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:28 am

They should just call it Super Smash Bros. Rumble or something.
No pain, no gain. I would prefer no pain, but still gain.
mkalv

Postby Gojira » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:30 pm

How would Super Smash Bros. Clash sound?
Gojira

Postby MrKrillz0r » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:40 pm

Nate (post: 1483937) wrote:Image

Psst, I'm just teasing. :p

I lol'd :D

And to Darth_Kirby, yeah I totally agree, sometimes playing with items might be more fun but about 90-95% of the games I play is without since I enjoy competetive gaming a lot more than "fun" gaming. ^^ But that kinda means that fun gaming is competetive gaming for me.. or something..

(I don't know how to multi quote and I've been to lazy to find out. ><)
Game on!
MrKrillz0r

Postby Yuki-Anne » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:29 pm

mkalv (post: 1485261) wrote:They should just call it Super Smash Bros. Rumble or something.

Ooh, I like that.

I would LOVE a playable Knuckles. XD

Like the Zelda/Shiek transformation, I would love it if they gave us a Link/Wolf Link transformation. I think that'd be the frickin' bomb.

My favorite character in both Melee and Brawl is Ganondorf. I don't play enough video games these days to really be up on what new characters would be awesome, but Megaman would be pretty sweet, I think.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews