Wii internet connection trouble.

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Wii internet connection trouble.

Postby goldenspines » Sun May 15, 2011 6:01 pm

Hey guys, I'm at the end of my rope with this, so I'm hoping I can find some help here. >.<

I have a Wii. It works great and all, but when I tried to connect it to the internet, it failed.

Here's the deal. The internet I have is wifi and I believe DSL (I honestly don't know much about it besides the fact it's often slow and sporadic, but it's not dial-up). It's a secure network that requires a password.
Now, my Wii recognizes the network and can connect to it. It can even do the connection test no problem.

Note: After the connection test, it asks me to a system update with the Wii Support code: 61212

The first time I tried to connect, I did the update (it took a long while though).

But after that, I'm not positive where to go for "internet", but I made a guess and went to the Internet Channel.
So, I get into that and I'm prompted to read the terms of service to download. I click okay. So far, so good. But then, it starts trying to connect to the internet and that's when it fails and I get the "unable to connect to the internet. Error Code: 220602

Now, I looked this code up both in the Wii manual and online and they both said that I should try inputting all my DNS of my PC settings manually (not sure where to get the Router settings).

I tried this and it still didn't work. :\

So, I'm kind of lost as to what to try next. Can anything be done? Do I just need new internet?

Any help is appreciated. ._.

Thank you!
goldenspines

Postby Hiryu » Sun May 15, 2011 6:49 pm

Go to your wii system menu by clicking the wii button in the lower left corner. Then go to Wii settings. Go to the second screen. Click on the internet option, then connection settings. You should see your connection. If you do, go through the connection test. If not, you'll set up your connection again. Make sure it's set to "Use this connection."

You don't have to do anything else special if it's all connected after the connection test.

Have you tried calling nintendo's support over the phone? They've helped me a few times with my wii.
Hiryu

Postby battletech » Mon May 16, 2011 12:28 pm

Make sure the Wiiconnect24 is on. It's on the same second page as mentioned above.
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby Magicman7200 » Mon May 16, 2011 1:57 pm

yeah if the suggestions above don't work then maybe reset your router
Magicman7200

Postby goldenspines » Mon May 16, 2011 5:57 pm

Hiryu (post: 1479234) wrote:Go to your wii system menu by clicking the wii button in the lower left corner. Then go to Wii settings. Go to the second screen. Click on the internet option, then connection settings. You should see your connection. If you do, go through the connection test. If not, you'll set up your connection again. Make sure it's set to "Use this connection."

You don't have to do anything else special if it's all connected after the connection test.

Have you tried calling nintendo's support over the phone? They've helped me a few times with my wii.
Tried the first thing with no luck. Though, after I choose "Use This Connection" it says "Use Connection 1" on the screen (which is the correct one, I believe), it only gives me a choice of "Back" after that. Is that correct? Should there be another option?
And I have yet to actually call Nintendo for help, but I may if nothing else works.

battletech (post: 1479339) wrote:Make sure the Wiiconnect24 is on. It's on the same second page as mentioned above.
How would I turn it on? When I went to the button for it, it took me to the same page to view User Agreements as the Internet Channel did, where it tries to connect to the internet and fails. :\

Magicman7200 (post: 1479364) wrote:yeah if the suggestions above don't work then maybe reset your router
How exactly would I do this? >_>;; Sorry, I'm not the best with technology and I just don't want to break anything. >.<
goldenspines

Postby Hiryu » Tue May 17, 2011 9:53 am

Usually you just unplug the router and hit the tiny reset button. Turning off the modem would be fine too while you're reseting. What kind of router do you have?
Hiryu

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews