Tron: Evolution

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Tron: Evolution

Postby Seto_Sora » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:27 pm

Anyone playing Tron? I just bought it today I absolutely love the online play! clean, safe, fun! Multiplayer is absolutely a blast wether your on your cycle or having at it with your disk! I love it!

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:49 pm

I was going to buy it but everyone said on Amazon it wasn't that great. It's been a while so I don't remember exactly what the complaints were... but it was enough to get me to pass.

Can you tell more about the multiplayer stuff cause that was the only part I was really interested in to begin with?
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Seto_Sora » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:14 pm

Yeah, I almost didn't buy it from all the negative reviews. Most of the reviews said that the game was a cheep rip of Prince of Persia (which I've never played but I was pretty sure they advertised in that game that you could wind time back which you can't do in this game, just run and jump off walls). It was also said to be very much like Spiderman 1 (from the movie); mainly that it was far too linear. But thats because they look at it all wrong. The designers made the campaign deliberately simple so to be a training and leveling ground for the multiplayer.
The multiplayer was designed to be The Grid games like in the movies. But with a taste of individuality akin to Halo1. Just like in Halo, you run around trying to derrez eachother. I've heard complaints that the light disk is not as strong as it should be, but its actually pretty devastating if your throwing it instead of knifing your opponent. So basically, the battles remind me alot of the S4 League MMO if you've ever heard of that. The Lightcycle battles are pretty much what you would want or expect in the game; fast motorcycles that can kill your opponents. As linear as the campaign is, the multiplayer really gives a free-for-all, do-as-you-like feel which is what I like in my games. I dunno, its really hard to describe with all those negative reviews and with little to compare. There are loads of attacks and upgrades and the leveling is pretty standard. Basically, it doesn't bring anything new to the online experience except a safe and fun environment. Meh, I hope that helps.
This

Seto_Sora

Postby mkalv » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:46 pm

I don't have the game yet, but I really want it, since I really enjoyed Tron: Legacy.
No pain, no gain. I would prefer no pain, but still gain.
mkalv

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:56 am

It looked really generic and as far as the PoP rip is concerned, it is. Well not a rip of per-say but the platforming is for sure stealing from it. It just didn't intrigue me much
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews