Let's Play Minecraft

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Let's Play Minecraft

Postby Jingo Jaden » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:33 am

Alright, for those of you that don't know. It is a world of blocks. It contains many materials that can be used to craft many different tools. One can also use said material to construct houses, buildings ect. Very simplistic, but quite fun as it combines building with survival. The latter which is going to be vital while on the start of a new game. See, enemies can spawn wherever there is dark enough. Needless to say, by nightfall things get quite dark. So unless we plan to set up camp near a lava pit, we are going to have to create a source of light. Torches are mostly used for this. We might also have to construct some type of shelter. Be it a little area inside a cave or a basic and very simplistic house. Time is short on the first day, so try to abstain from any insane construction project.

So lets generate our world.

By jadenmental at 2011-04-14

So, we have started on fairly high ground, and it is a bit later than I expected 'not good' so we need to hurry to gather our wood, coal and stone.

Is there any location you want me to start building our hideout? On the mountaintops? Near the ocean so we can get a nice, little dock later on. In a cave or a humble, little mud-hut. One the sun goes down, the enemies come around, and they WILL kill this character quickly and without remorse. Spides, skeletons and those awful creepers that loves to blow stuff up.

Regardless, we must get tools. We need wood in particular for this. So I propose we start collecting some wood to create planks, sticks and tools out of which we will need for our home. We need to figure out what kind of how we should have? It could be anything from an underground dungeon to a house on top of a tree. Be creative, but remember, first night is ALWAYS about survival.

How should we go about our game?
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby firestorm » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:08 pm

Jaden Mental (post: 1471366) wrote:

how about building it on that frail little bridge of land in the upper left corner there! that sounds safe! :D
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:17 pm

go to the rock deposit next to the bridge and either tunnel into it and make a door to start an awesome mountain fortress or use the materials to start building a cool floating house like fire suggested.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby firestorm » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:23 pm

mechana2015 (post: 1471376) wrote:go to the rock deposit next to the bridge and either tunnel into it and make a door to start an awesome mountain fortress or use the materials to start building a cool floating house like fire suggested.

well I didn't mean for it to be floating but that works too! my decision has be smiled upon! woo! \oOo/
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:11 pm

Further elaboration on the idea, cut one side of the bridge out, then start building a house off a small staircase, expanding up so you have a house growing out of the little rock spur there that has one entrance only (unless you want to make an escape route, which, if you do I would make it a tunnel that goes into the side of the mountain, traveling under the main entrance walkway. Put in a cart for quick escapes.) :P

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:16 pm

-_- this game consumed my soul. I have been playing on a server for about 3 months now and i just can't stop!
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Jingo Jaden » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:16 pm

Gah... Did not get all the materials I needed for the first day. @_@;;; There is room for spiders to crawl into my safe haven.....

Well.... at least it seems silent.....Image

OH GOOOOOOODDDDD!!!!!

..... Scratch that... .just a chicken....

But spiders are defidently outside. D8, I can hear them.... morning is approaching.... I think we survived.

So...should we continue on renovating our new haven? If so, how?

Jingo Jaden

Postby firestorm » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:27 pm

It needs an escape pod! make a hole that drops straight down and jump in the cart and enjoy the ride :D weee!!!!

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:30 pm

Add a second floor. And make sure there's only one way for monsters to get there. Maybe get some defenses...and a door. Start the escape pod.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby firestorm » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:35 pm

mechana2015 (post: 1471423) wrote:Add a second floor. And make sure there's only one way for monsters to get there. Maybe get some defenses...and a door. Start the escape pod.

expanding on the second story thing it should have a window with a view all around. then arm thy bow warrior, and take out those pesky spiders one by one. Huzzah!

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:03 pm

Get some resource hoarding going, some chests, maybe a workbench.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Jingo Jaden » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:22 pm

Man, after collecting a ton of resources and sliiightly outlining the base of our new mighty air fortress, we are quickly approaching a most great watchtower.

Got at the very least a safe haven here.

Outlining the second floor.

Getting low on resources.....

What move now?

Jingo Jaden

Postby firestorm » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:35 pm

Jaden Mental (post: 1471445) wrote:Image

Build higher! yours is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

Postby goldenspines » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:12 pm

I have no idea how this game is played so I don't think I'd be able to give good advice. D:

This look super fun though. XD

Good luck, survive!
I dunno about that bridge though. It doesn't look like it will support more than two stories. ._.
goldenspines

Postby Jingo Jaden » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:41 pm

Bah Goldy! Physics do not have a say with my constructions!

XD There is ALOT that can be done in this game, you don't need to know it to advice. Lava, water, rocks, wood, planks and a lot more can be used, such as gunpowder and whatnot to achieve your ends. Enjoy and if you want something, ask it and I can see what I can do. XD

The watchtower is now as high as it can possibly get.

Jingo Jaden

Postby firestorm » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:07 pm

Jaden Mental (post: 1471471) wrote:Image

Great, now make a pool at the bottom of the valley so you can jump off that Awesome Diving board you made atop the Watchtower. Listen to the body-less voice, you must. :D

Postby Jingo Jaden » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:33 am

So, I've hoarded some wood. And I also constructed a second bridge. Ready to start our first mining operation.

We must however name our mine something. Any suggestions?

By jadenmental at 2011-04-15

Jingo Jaden

Postby Sparx00 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:24 pm

Mountainside Mine? (Yeah Kinda lame I know)

Oh in case you haven't already Jaden, you should build a bed to skip the nights if you have nothing else to do. I also believe it will reset your spawn point to the location of the bed.
You wish you could shred like me.
Sparx00

Postby Peanut » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:38 pm

I'd just like to say...I approve of this thread. Oh, and if there is a spot to build something like this, you should try and build a diving board out over the water and go for a swim. The higher the better.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Jingo Jaden » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:22 pm

Well, I am currently planning on making a bucket. Get some water at the top of the tower, and create a mini-waterfall. And a springboard above it.

Meanwhile, we got a few new changes. I managed to create our first dungeon into sort of a walkway to the floor level. There, we can start our first major mining complex.

Jingo Jaden

Postby firestorm » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:56 am

is that earth? within the Earth?

Go to middle-earth and stab Sauron in the eye!

Or you can just make that your mancave and watch reruns of Top Gear and Pros vs. Joes, while you tune up your awesome boxy sportscar :D

Postby Jingo Jaden » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:51 am

Hmmmm... encountered a rather fatal bug. Got stuck in the river with a hoard of enemies that would not seem to die.... restarting does not help.... ;_;

Bugfixing tiem.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Jingo Jaden » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:50 pm

Bugfix faaail. Forced to do a bit of restructuring, but I think you'll like it. Say hello to castle CAA and it's ever vigilant watchtower. The castle has 3 rooms, a deep dungeon and a insaaanely high watchtower.

By jadenmental at 2011-04-20

Jingo Jaden

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:37 pm

is there a diving board off the watch tower?

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby firestorm » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:39 pm

mechana2015 (post: 1473336) wrote:is there a diving board off the watch tower?

If there is I bet the pool is in the castle courtyard and it has an awesome slide :D

Postby Jingo Jaden » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:39 pm

mechana2015 (post: 1473336) wrote:is there a diving board off the watch tower?

Building it, but man, it is tricky leaning over the edges to get block by block finished.... and any amount of failiure now results in instant death. XD

Also, somewhat close to an ocean. Building it towards there. It's going to look a bit disproportionate, but that makes it all the more fun.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Jingo Jaden » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:28 pm

It's doneeeeee 8D

Jingo Jaden

Postby firestorm » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:18 pm

can you jump on the cloud? if so, jump on it and build several small castles on various clouds, making a floating citadel :D

Postby Jingo Jaden » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:43 pm

By jadenmental at 2011-04-21

Tried jumping one on. Fell through. XD But for now... eteeernal water supply!

Problem science?

Jingo Jaden

Postby Ante Bellum » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:11 pm

Jaden Mental (post: 1473316) wrote:a deep dungeon

I'm not surprised.

I also like how people seem to be more concerned with building a diving board than anything else. Priorities much?
Ante Bellum

Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews