Tekken and Street Fighter crossover coming!

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Tekken and Street Fighter crossover coming!

Postby mkalv » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:07 pm

Yup! Its true. GameTrailers has released two trailers: One for gameplay and one for the story.

So far, it looks awesome!

Also, there will be two versions of the game, one for Capcom, and one for NAMCO.
No pain, no gain. I would prefer no pain, but still gain.
mkalv

Postby Riggidig » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:45 am

I must say that I haven't really been THAT impressed by both the gameplay as well as the normal trailer. Marvel vs CapCom 3 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2's trailers gave me much more of a buzz than the ones for this game.
[color="Yellow"]My deviantART Gallery[/color]

[color="DarkOrange"][font="Century Gothic"]"Life is not about NOT getting hit. It's about learning to TAKE a hit, rolling with the punches, and at its worst, learning to get up after a knockout.[/font][/color]
Riggidig

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:54 am

There is two games coming out TekkenXStreet fighter and Street fighter X Tekken each using there own fighting engines. I am sceptical of how it will be.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Solid Ronin » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:44 pm

GrubbTheFragger (post: 1471572) wrote:There is two games coming out TekkenXStreet fighter and Street fighter X Tekken each using there own fighting engines. I am sceptical of how it will be.

Skeptical in what way?
Solid Ronin

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:59 am

Solid Ronin (post: 1472199) wrote:Skeptical in what way?

Tekken as a whole just hasn't interested me in years, and i just don't think the fighters will mix well. They are different types of fighters. Street Fighter is all about throwing fireballs and doing crazy magicish attacks were as tekken is about up close brawls with alot of juggling
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Solid Ronin » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:08 pm

GrubbTheFragger (post: 1472319) wrote:Tekken as a whole just hasn't interested me in years, and i just don't think the fighters will mix well. They are different types of fighters. Street Fighter is all about throwing fireballs and doing crazy magicish attacks were as tekken is about up close brawls with alot of juggling

That's actually why I'm more interesting in seeing as to what Namco is going to make, Capcom has the much easier game to make and it looks fantastic. Namco is the company with something to prove here.
Solid Ronin

Postby Riggidig » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:20 am

Solid Ronin (post: 1472328) wrote:That's actually why I'm more interesting in seeing as to what Namco is going to make, Capcom has the much easier game to make and it looks fantastic. Namco is the company with something to prove here.

True I am also much more keen to see what NAMCO will do with the Street Fighter characters. The last time Street Fighter characters were in a 3D fighting environment was in the Street Fighter EX series, and that was so-so. NAMCO has the potential to really show off here (I hope).
[color="Yellow"]My deviantART Gallery[/color]

[color="DarkOrange"][font="Century Gothic"]"Life is not about NOT getting hit. It's about learning to TAKE a hit, rolling with the punches, and at its worst, learning to get up after a knockout.[/font][/color]
Riggidig

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews