What type of display do you use to play video games on?

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

What type of display do you use to play video games on?

Postby Riggidig » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:51 am

Just curious about what you guys use to play your games on. I myself used to play my PS2 on my 29 inch, Standard Definition (420p) CRT TV. Recently I purchased a 23 inch Dell PC Monitor (with HDMI input) because after I got my XBOX 360 a couple of months ago I just couldn't make out any of the small text on the 29 inch TV. I will probably in the near future (not this year though) get me some form of HD TV that's at least 32 inches in size.
[color="Yellow"]My deviantART Gallery[/color]

[color="DarkOrange"][font="Century Gothic"]"Life is not about NOT getting hit. It's about learning to TAKE a hit, rolling with the punches, and at its worst, learning to get up after a knockout.[/font][/color]
Riggidig

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:06 am

A HD 1080p 42 inch LCD flat screen tv.
Roy Mustang

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:00 am

24 HD 720p cpu monitor, and soon a 42 1080p
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:46 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeeeeah, I'm the one person who chose the last option :red:

Our only TV is an ancient Phillips model we've had for...oh, just 16 years. So it's an extremely old kind that's fuzzy and has tons of static electricity and the screen itself is only about as big as my face. It hasn't broken in all that time, though the sound has almost completely blown out of one side, so we haven't seen any need to go splurging on some newfangled HD TV.

And the monitor (Samsung SyncMaster 753s :brow: ) for my PC is also ancient - just 9 years old this time - and is that old kind they had before flatscreens became universal. It flickers, and the refresh rate is sometimes headache-inducing, but it's a hardy piece of equipment. Way more so than the beautiful flatscreen we did get a while back, which only lasted like four years.

I laugh at new technology! :P
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Riggidig » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:37 am

the_wolfs_howl (post: 1470419) wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeeeeah, I'm the one person who chose the last option :red:

Our only TV is an ancient Phillips model we've had for...oh, just 16 years. So it's an extremely old kind that's fuzzy and has tons of static electricity and the screen itself is only about as big as my face. It hasn't broken in all that time, though the sound has almost completely blown out of one side, so we haven't seen any need to go splurging on some newfangled HD TV.

And the monitor (Samsung SyncMaster 753s :brow: ) for my PC is also ancient - just 9 years old this time - and is that old kind they had before flatscreens became universal. It flickers, and the refresh rate is sometimes headache-inducing, but it's a hardy piece of equipment. Way more so than the beautiful flatscreen we did get a while back, which only lasted like four years.

I laugh at new technology! :P

Any old tech would be Standard Definition, which would be 480p and NOT 420p like I accidently typed up (can't believe noone corrected me on this error so far).
[color="Yellow"]My deviantART Gallery[/color]

[color="DarkOrange"][font="Century Gothic"]"Life is not about NOT getting hit. It's about learning to TAKE a hit, rolling with the punches, and at its worst, learning to get up after a knockout.[/font][/color]
Riggidig

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:08 am

22" computer monitor, and if my graphics cards can pull it I run at 1680x 1050.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:13 am

I have a 25" SDTV that we use for PS3 games. It is...not ideal.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:59 pm

Typically I play on either the HD thing in the basement or the Standard TV in the main room. Depends on the game, and what console it's for.

I've never had a handheld system.

So if I could, I'd pick both the first and second option.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Davidizer13 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:25 pm

I have a 32" standard-definition CRT - it's a very good thing all the games I can tate are only on my computer. Speaking of which, my laptop has a 15" screen; I'm not sure about the definition, but the graphics card isn't that good anyway. (Doubly speaking of which, does anyone have a good USB stick they can recommend? I'm curious how this tating thing would work...)
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:22 am

37" Vizio 1080P E Series LCD TV. I loves it.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby UniqueAngelStar » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:32 am

I play my games on my DS. It the only latest handheld thing I play my games, heheheh:sweat:

I'm just more of a handheld gamer than counsel:sweat:
ImageImage
[color="DarkOrchid"]@)[/color][color="DarkGreen"]}~`,~[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Proud member of[/color] MOES!
UniqueAngelStar

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:55 am

Oh and I didn't vote because PC monitors don't really conform to the SD/HD definitions usually, especially once you get a powerful enough graphics card involved.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews