Echo Night

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Echo Night

Postby Aedin » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:13 pm

Has anyone else played these games? They're pretty much adventure games, you go different places, and solve puzzles to get you access to other places. There's ghosts, and you have to find items to appease the ghosts, cause otherwise the ghosts will kill you. The story isn't too indepth, but it's one of my favorites.
Everybody was haiku writing, Their wits were fast as lightning
In fact it was a little bit frightening, But they wrote with expert rhyming
Aedin

Postby Furen » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:26 pm

Hmmm, the premise sounds intriguing, I'll have to research this.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Ella Edric » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:41 pm

Cool! I havent heard of it but it sounds awesome!! :D
Ella Edric

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:16 am

When you mentioned items to appease the ghosts, that reminded me of Clock tower 3. It involves a girl who's in a long line of mediums, and she has to find the ghosts of murderers and their victims. The Victims are tying the murderers to the earth until they get a special item back to them, and then you fight the murderers.

Based on what you said, though, doesn't sound like THIS game is quite the same idea as Clock Tower, but yeah.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Aedin » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:28 pm

Bobtheduck (post: 1428350) wrote:When you mentioned items to appease the ghosts, that reminded me of Clock tower 3. It involves a girl who's in a long line of mediums, and she has to find the ghosts of murderers and their victims. The Victims are tying the murderers to the earth until they get a special item back to them, and then you fight the murderers.

Based on what you said, though, doesn't sound like THIS game is quite the same idea as Clock Tower, but yeah.

Yeah, it's not really like Clock Tower 3 (which I played earlier this year or last year). As I'm sure you know, Clock Tower 3 is like a survival horror game. Echo Night is really more about exploration and figuring out puzzles. I actually don't remember if the ghosts attak you in the first game (they probably don't) but they attack you in Echo Night: Beyond for the ps2. It's really cool for people who like exploration and figuring things out, and like I said, I really like the story. It's not really fleshed out or anything, but it's some cool concepts, and some parts are really well done. I loved the concept, and history, in Echo Night, and Echo Night: Beyond has one of the best twists I've seen.
Everybody was haiku writing, Their wits were fast as lightning
In fact it was a little bit frightening, But they wrote with expert rhyming
Aedin

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews