Life is like a video game

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Life is like a video game

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:00 am

Hmm... Not sure if this should go here or in Goof off, but I guess it can be moved if it's not appropriate here...

So... Say how life is like a certain game. My game for now?

Silent Hill 4. In the second half (adulthood), you do all the same stuff, but there are more Ghosts and going home doesn't heal you anymore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby MomentOfInertia » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:15 am

Life is like the Sims, because the Sims was made to be a simulation of life... so it's a life intimating art imitating life sort of thing...

I'll do a better one (for a game I've actually played) later.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Davidizer13 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:17 am

Life is like Chrono Trigger: Even when all you want is a simple day to yourself, someone's always going to bring you a problem that you feel compelled to fix. Also, hanging out with pretty girls will bring you nothing but trouble.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Furen » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:39 pm

Life is like Tales of...

You meet friends and have fun, joke laugh and do all kinds of stuff, but when tough times come around if you ban together, you'll overcome!
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:01 pm

Life is like Grand Theft Auto. You can murder a random person, for no reason whatsoever, right in front of a cop, and when he starts to chase you, just find a hiding spot and less than a minute later you can walk right past the same cop and he won't give you a second look.

No, really, it is. You should try it.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Furen » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:17 pm

Htom Sirveaux (post: 1424256) wrote:Life is like Grand Theft Auto. You can murder a random person, for no reason whatsoever, right in front of a cop, and when he starts to chase you, just find a hiding spot and less than a minute later you can walk right past the same cop and he won't give you a second look.

No, really, it is. You should try it.

Okay fine I will, if I don't come back it's on you.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby TGJesusfreak » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:51 pm

Life is like Fire Emblem because life is based on turns... and killing. And my foe's bodies always disapear after I slice them up. >.>
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby Fish and Chips » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:03 pm

TGJesusfreak (post: 1424993) wrote:Life is like Fire Emblem because life is based on turns... and killing. And my foe's bodies always disapear after I slice them up. >.>
Are you a serial killer.
Fish and Chips

Postby Mister Frodo » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:50 pm

Life is like Final Fantasy XIII. At the beginning of life, you don't have much choice in what you do and things don't make much sense. As you get older, you still don't have much of a choice, but things start making more sense. Then you get to the age where you can freely choose where you want to go, but things make a lot less sense.
Mister Frodo

Postby Nate » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:37 pm

Life is like Mega Man because you can beat up people and steal their weapons.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:58 am

Mister Frodo (post: 1425194) wrote:Life is like Final Fantasy XIII. At the beginning of life, you don't have much choice in what you do and things don't make much sense. As you get older, you still don't have much of a choice, but things start making more sense. Then you get to the age where you can freely choose where you want to go, but things make a lot less sense.

Ooh, outside of my own, yours is my favorite.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:33 pm

Mine is like Mario. Crazy crap happens when I eat these shrooms every afternoon.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Nate » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:16 pm

Life is like Tetris. Everyone is an unindividualistic block that must be made to fit together in Soviet conformity, and sometimes whole lines of people are made to disappear without any explanation

Nate

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:17 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:Mine is like Mario.

So's mine: My princess is always in another castle.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby ABlipinTime » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:09 pm

Life is like Sonic: We're in a hurry just so we can do things as simple as spinning a sign post so it displays a face.

---
Thanx for making me laugh, Htom Serveaux.
btw, I like MST3K also
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:21 pm

ABlipinTime wrote:Thanx for making me laugh, Htom Serveaux.
btw, I like MST3K also

Good man. :thumb:
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Furen » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:47 pm

Life is like Zelda. you may not like it but people force you to only do certain things, not what you want...
Furen

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:57 pm

Htom Sirveaux (post: 1425431) wrote:So's mine: My princess is always in another castle.

That's a good one!
Bobtheduck

Postby Furen » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:31 pm

Htom Sirveaux (post: 1425431) wrote:So's mine: My princess is always in another castle.

Ha ha ha

Life is like Metroid, you may be prompted to go one way, but if you look around short cuts do exist
Furen

Postby Rusty Claymore » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:48 am

Life is like Ragnarok Online; If you don't find a purpose, it gets boring really fast.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Furen » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:54 pm

Life is like burning sand, some things mesh well, some things work together, some forms bonds, some separate, some never collide, some blow up, some have great chemistry where as others are just not meant to be near
and all are stuck to the confined space we have
Furen

Postby TGJesusfreak » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:08 pm

Furen (post: 1425498) wrote:Life is like Metroid, you may be prompted to go one way, but if you look around short cuts do exist

Life is also like metroid because there's always someone out to kill you... whether you know it or not...

And also because it proves that girls can be more awesome and bad-youknowwhat than even most guys. XD

^Trufax
TGJesusfreak

Postby Kaori » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:58 am

Life is like Final Fantasy VIII: you level up, but your opponents level with you, so nothing really gets any easier.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:40 am

Kaori (post: 1426522) wrote:Life is like Final Fantasy VIII: you level up, but your opponents level with you, so nothing really gets any easier.

This is especially true in the game art world. They also level up without you. It's one reason I've abandoned the thought of doing game art for a living.
Bobtheduck

Postby Nate » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:58 am

Life is like Final Fantasy VIII: it sucks.

Nate

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:33 am

Life is like Deus Ex. It is as bad as you think and They are out to get you.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby TGJesusfreak » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:39 pm

Life is like Pikmin. Because there's always a bunch of underlings underneath a leader that have to follow their every order and whim.... and most times you're one of those underlings. Very rarely do you get to be the leader. XD
TGJesusfreak

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:58 pm

Life is like Metal Gear Solid.

It's good.

=)
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Nate » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Life is like Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero? because it's frustratingly difficult and the good ending is near-impossible to get.

Nate

Postby Straylight » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:21 pm

Katamari (x) because you just keep on collecting more and more junk.
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews