The Bible...ONLINE!

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

The Bible...ONLINE!

Postby Nate » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:30 pm

This is actually my first time hearing about the game, and I heard about it from Penny Arcade. I'm not sure if there was news about it before that I hadn't heard, or if this is something that just recently happened. Anyway, to quote Tycho:
The Bible Online, right? Where has this thing been?

As a setting, we've emphasized on multiple occasions that the Bible is woefully underutilized. Once you start looking at the book from a gaming perspective, the genres jump right off the ****ing page. Obviously, Exodus - the period covered by the game - should be an MMO. Jonah? Adventure. Samson is an Action RPG - he literally equips a weapon mid-narrative. David? JRPG. Armageddon? Tactics. Dead Sea Scrolls? CCG. Song of Solomon? Dating sim.

Revelations? Survival horror.

It just doesn't stop. There's plenty of weird stuff in there, certainly; I imagine Esther would make for a unique simulation. But everywhere else there's jewels aplenty, and blood, and sorcerous duels (no, really!), and creepy stalkers, charismatic prophets with supernatural origins, this thing has it all. Best part? It's entirely public domain. That means zero licensing fees for a powerhouse brand with proven earnings potential.

I would enjoy a Song of Solomon dating sim. Also, I said long ago on the Gamecast that Samson should definitely be a Dynasty Warriors type game. But for now, looks like we'll have to do with The Bible Online. The site for it can be found here: http://www.thebible-onlinegame.com/

It's supposedly an MMO strategy game, like Civilization I guess? Never played Civilization, but it's a browser-based game so I guess it can't be TOO fancy. Anyway, it's going to be in chapters and chapter one will be called "The Heroes." Digging around I found this info:

"As the leader of their tribe, players have to construct their villages, manage resources and the budget. They will have to decide between diplomacy and warfare. However, players do not stay in one place. They will go on a quest to go to the Promised Land. Leading Abram’s tribe from Ur to Haran and finally to Canaan, players and their heroes will face many challenges before reaching their goal.

The game also offers role playing elements. The birth right system introduces Abraham’s successors Isaac and Jacob. Side quests allow users to experience less known stories of the Genesis."

The beta apparently starts on September 6. I probably won't play it (not a fan of MMOs) but if anyone here tries it, be sure and post your feelings on it here. It isn't a Christian game but it is a game based on the Bible and it has the potential to be something decent.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Peanut » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:24 pm

Huh...well it could work. I think the premise itself isn't terrible though I have to wonder if they will be able to pull off a MMO strategy game.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:38 pm

The screenshots make it look like Evony. Hmmm.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:03 am

I think they should have a Bible Battlefront...
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:50 pm

Nate (post: 1420716) wrote: I would enjoy a Song of Solomon dating sim.

Actually, I would like one too. :red:
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby Sheol777 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:19 am

I am going to have to try this, thanks Nate.
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby Nate » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:30 am

No problem!
Actually, I would like one too.

Well, to be honest, a Song of Solomon dating sim wouldn't so much be dating as it would be...uh...one of those anime Flash games that I've never played ever because that would be wrong. >.>;;

Nate

Postby Peanut » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:49 pm

[quote="Nate (post: 1422996)"]No problem!

Well, to be honest, a Song of Solomon dating sim wouldn't so much be dating as it would be...uh...one of those anime Flash games that I've never played ever because that would be wrong. >.>]

There's nothing wrong with church construction sims Nate, even if they have anime characters involved in them.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:27 pm

All these ideas sound amazing.
Yamamaya

Postby Furen » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:21 pm

So did anyone bother signing up?
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby MOAVGproduction » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:28 pm

they need to have a real biblical game... meaning all the blood gore violence an all that nitty gritty stuff that no-one wants to talk about... but it's in there! ;)
The Bible likes to use words like Slew and Slaughter alot, instead of he killed them. Slaughtering has a much stronger feeling than kill for somereason... so yeah. It's gotta be really gorey lol.
and first person. that'd be epic
http://christianparkour.webs.com/
this is my new website, check it out.
MOAVGproduction

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:28 pm

[quote="MOAVGproduction (post: 1425234)"]they need to have a real biblical game... meaning all the blood gore violence an all that nitty gritty stuff that no-one wants to talk about... but it's in there! ]

Oh yeah and sex and nudity... the incest, the 50 wives, Bathesheba taking her bath... we need to feel what david felt... gorgeous woman taking a bath. Then sending her husband to his death so we can marry her...
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Tarnish » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:45 pm

Scarecrow (post: 1425444) wrote:Oh yeah and sex and nudity... the incest, the 50 wives, Bathesheba taking her bath... we need to feel what david felt... gorgeous woman taking a bath. Then sending her husband to his death so we can marry her...

This game needs to be made RIGHT NOW.

Like, they already have my money.
Tarnish

Postby Nate » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:05 am

Tarnish wrote:This game needs to be made RIGHT NOW.

Like, they already have my money.

Nate

Postby armeck » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:59 pm

Scarecrow (post: 1425444) wrote:Oh yeah and sex and nudity... the incest, the 50 wives, Bathesheba taking her bath... we need to feel what david felt... gorgeous woman taking a bath. Then sending her husband to his death so we can marry her...

:lol:

anyway, i have heard of biblical games but the ideas that that person has are by far the best i have heard! XD
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews