Mass effect 2 hitting PS3 January.

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Mass effect 2 hitting PS3 January.

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:29 am

Now... To those who've played both: Will the second game be too hard to follow without having played the first?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:56 am

You can get by without it. I suggest a quick wiki so you know what'sa goin' on, but it still holds up pretty well on its own.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Ingemar » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:19 pm

For the PC version (and the Xbox as well, though I don't own it) the second game lets you import all of the decisions you made in the first. Admittedly, this doesn't have as big an impact on the gameplay/storyline as you would hope or think (it would be a pain in the posterior to basically remake the game based on all the probabilities).

The game has its own in-universe encyclopedia. However, because it is "in-universe," it is deliberately only a semi-trustworthy source.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:14 pm

I actually heard the PS3 version is getting an interactive comic to take the place of the first game... Essentially interactive cliff notes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews