Modding Oblivion

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Modding Oblivion

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:33 pm

I just recently decided to try my hand at Modding Oblivion.

No, that does not mean I'm applying RD to my games to make them more awsome. Though that'd work, it'd be too easy and wouldn't contribute to my goal of doing more with video games than playing them. Or applying Moderators to them.

After reading through a brief tutorial, I discovered it is very much like forge in Halo 3 (makes sense...) and rather easy. Well, the construction bit. I haven't done anything with scripts yet.

Anyone else ever try their hand at this?

After I make a secret base, I'm planning on a Myst-like Quest, then maybe a dream world (crazy landscape stuff). My ultimate goal (or dream, rather) is to combine the modding with some 3D modling to make a fully functional Eldil Raid from Elemental Gelade. (minus the voice... My Shigure impersonation is great, but I can't do a girl's voice...) Oh, and I'll also try to make a revolver as scripting practice.

Chances are I'll have quit by next week, but the point is to try stuff, right? n.n
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby MOAVGproduction » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:22 pm

cool! Yeah, I love to mod oblivion... though, I never upload anything... :/
except for morrowind though... a ninja class, hmmm...
but anyway. Get hooked up with TESNEXUS; get an account an all that stuff, once you have that you can upload your mods. And I believe they have tutorials that are pretty good... or go to... TESConstruction setwikia...
I think that's the name. But anyway!
Best of success! Glad to see there's another CAA member that mod's games... or at least oblivion. :D
(also, try: GECK for Fallout 3, it's the same type of set-up as in the modding part of course!)
http://christianparkour.webs.com/
this is my new website, check it out.
MOAVGproduction

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews