The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Postby Nate » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:51 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:Definitions in video games are entirely arbitrary anyway. Nate is only "right" cause the collective majority decided so, lolz. Whatever rigid and systematic definition he wishes to employ, anyway.

Oh well since words only mean what we want them to mean then I'll take that as a compliment and you saying "Nate, you handsome and wonderful man, you are completely right, and always will be, unto the end of time."

Thank you for agreeing!

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:27 pm

blkmage (post: 1401500) wrote:Normal use being what? E3 isn't exactly the greatest place to play games.

Normal could mean continual and frequent in this case, as opposed to one time. There were already complaints about the sweet spot, so who knows how this may grow when people OWN the machine and use it on a daily basis. Though, you did catch me, I did mean normal as in not ideal, but I think the players MADE it ideal so they could get in on the action for the short time they used it, essentially. They may not be as willing to do that when they get it home.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:28 pm

Nate (post: 1401720) wrote:Oh well since words only mean what we want them to mean then I'll take that as a compliment and you saying "Nate, you handsome and wonderful man, you are completely right, and always will be, unto the end of time."

Thank you for agreeing!

Well the first part is right, at least. You being a handsome and wonderful man at all.

I really mean that. I find you handsome.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Scarecrow » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:41 am

Remake Chrono Trigger on the 3DS and I'd buy a 3DS in a heartbeat.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:31 am

But Chrono Trigger is fine the way it is.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:42 am

Plus they've as much as said "Well, if you wanted more Chrono Trigger, maybe you should have bought more."

Personally, I think all the clamouring for it makes them sound like chumps when they say that, but that's just me.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:41 am

ShiroiHikari (post: 1401794) wrote:But Chrono Trigger is fine the way it is.

Yeah but playing it again in spankin' new graphics would be pretty epic.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Nate » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:07 pm

ShiroiHikari wrote:But Chrono Trigger is fine the way it is.

So you wouldn't want to see this?

Nate

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:13 pm

It looks cool but I've already played through the game several times as it is so I dunno. If it would get younger people to actually play the game then I guess I'd be okay with that.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:16 pm

I did find a list of games that plan for the 3DS.

Animal Crossing
Asphalt GT
Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy
Battle of Giants: Dinosaur Strike
BloodRayne: The Shroud
BoyA Boy and His Blob T
Bomberman (working title)
Codename: Chocobo Racing 3D
Contra
Cubic Ninja TBA AQ Interactive
de Blob: The Underground
Dead or Alive 3D (working title)
Deca Sports (working title)
DJ Hero 3D
Dragon Ball
Dragon Quest
Driver: Renegade
Dynasty Warriors
Etrian Odyssey
FIFA Soccer (working title)
Face Racers: Photo Finish
Final Fantasy (working title)
Frogger (working title) T
Harmonix Music Project
Harvest Moon 3D (working title)
Hollywood 61
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Kingdom Hearts 3D
Kung Fu Panda: The Kaboom of Doom
LThe Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Lion's Pride: Adventures on the Serengeti
Lovely Lisa 3D
Madden NFL
Martha Stewart
Mario Kart 3DS
Marvel Super Hero Squad Infinity Gauntlet
Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D "The Naked Sample"
Naruto Shippuden
Ninja Gaiden
Nintendogs and Cats
Pac-Man & Galaga (working title)
Paper Mario 3DS TBA Nintendo
PengThe Penguins of Madagascar
Pilotwings Resort TBA Nintendo
Pokémon (working title)[5] The Pokemon Company Nintendo
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (working title)
Puss 'N Boots
Resident Evil: Revelations
Ridge Racer (working title)
Samurai Warriors 3D
Saints Row: Drive-By
Shin Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
Sims 3: The Sims 3
Sonic 3DS
Star Fox 64 3D
Steel Diver
Super Monkey Ball T
Super Robot Wars
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (working title)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Lead the Ghosts
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
VS-Robo
WonderWorld Amusement Park

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:40 pm

Needs moar Gyakuten Saiban.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby blkmage » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:04 pm

I found it amusing that they're doing both Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors.

But, SUPER ROBOT WARS YES.

Also, could you imagine the evidence gathering parts of a 3D Gyakuten Saiban? Or courtroom scenes? Or OBJECTION? Oh man. Okay, I don't care what anyone says, 3D Gyakuten Saiban will be the thing that convinces everyone that 3D games were a good idea.
blkmage

Postby firestorm » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:01 pm

you know since there seems to be rumors of it being able to play movies. i would just love to see what would happen when you play anime or any of the old disney cartoons on that XD It'd be weird seeing hand drawn animation on a 3d system. XD
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby ST. Attidude » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:59 pm

I just might trade in my DSlite for a 3DS; it would probably be a wiser investment than to buy the original DS at GameStop with an extended warranty, then exchange it due to dead pixels and re-extend the warranty that will become oblivious within just 4 months after purchase because of the DS lite launch...
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby MasterDias » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:48 pm

That Kid Icarus game looks pretty impressive.

Anyway, of that list, I'm most curious as to what Atlus has planned regarding MegaTen...particularly the Persona and Devil Survivor entries. Persona 2: IS and EP remakes? Persona 5? Devil Survivor 2?

...and I'm (probably fruitlessly) hoping they aren't seriously going to be tacking 3d onto the end of the game titles. Star Fox 64 3d just sounds awkward.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:31 am

firestorm (post: 1404048) wrote:you know since there seems to be rumors of it being able to play movies. i would just love to see what would happen when you play anime or any of the old disney cartoons on that XD It'd be weird seeing hand drawn animation on a 3d system. XD

It's not a rumor. It is getting 3d movies. Question is, what delivery service and what companies? Disney, no doubt. Possibly Warner. Certainly not Sony, who is pushing 3d the hardest. This will only be new releases, though. There's no magical way to turn movies like Snow White 3d.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:37 am

I'm wondering if we'll actually get OoT on the 3DS. They used it as a tech demo for the system, but it could very well end up being like the PS3 FF7 tech demo.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby pikmintaro » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:56 pm

I'm interested in the 3DS at first I wasn't, but then all the people at E3 who played it, said it was really 3D and looked great, so I'm certainly getting excited about it.

And also OOT got me even more excited for it, along with the new Kid Icarus game, also since they updated the graphics for the DS.

Also I want to see Twinrova in 3D :wow!:

Nah just kidding, but it would be nice to see how all the updated bosses look.
If God is your "co-pilot" then you need to switch seats.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
pikmintaro

Postby Nate » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:09 pm

Etoh*the*Greato wrote:I'm wondering if we'll actually get OoT on the 3DS. They used it as a tech demo for the system, but it could very well end up being like the PS3 FF7 tech demo.

Nope.

Though Shigeru Miyamoto originally maintained that it was merely a tech demo with the possibility of being developed into a full game, a Nintendo 3DS remake has been confirmed by Nintendo via their Twitter page. Screenshots were found on the Nintendo E3 website on June 15, 2010.

As an aside, I like how everyone complains about Hollywood doing so many remakes and reboots of everything, and "Why doesn't Hollywood have any original ideas?" but then "OMG remake of Ocarina of Time in 3D? BEST THING EVER!"

It's very funny to me. I say this as a person who owns Chrono Trigger DS, as well as every Pokemon remake, by the way. I still find it funny.

Nate

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:23 pm

Nate (post: 1404961) wrote:As an aside, I like how everyone complains about Hollywood doing so many remakes and reboots of everything, and "Why doesn't Hollywood have any original ideas?" but then "OMG remake of Ocarina of Time in 3D? BEST THING EVER!"

XD I'd credit that to the fact that video game systems are constantly changing, becoming more portable or becoming obsolete. I think it's a way of keeping the classics around for the next generation of gamers, or giving people more ways to play the same game. A movie can be released and re-released on VHS, DVD, and Blu-Ray, and will be able to be played on a variety of machines, but a video game can only be played on one machine (maybe two, if backwards compatibility is a factor) that might be over 15 years old. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Nate » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:32 pm

Yeah but...Ocarina of Time was released on a Gamecube disc.

Twice.

Which can be played on the Wii.

And you can also buy it on the Virtual Console.

Nate

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:09 pm

Yes its been re-released many times but, Ocarina of Time really does deserve this kind of graphical boost, the original version was an amazing game but now no one will pick it up because it is hideous to look at.

Maybe they'll make a Wii version as a free pack-in with pre-orders of Skyward Sword *crosses fingers*
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Nate » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:18 pm

If people don't want to play a game because of the graphics then they don't deserve to play that game.

And OoT is far, FAR from hideous. It looks great. If you want hideous, go look at one of the first Playstation games. Bubsy 3D, for example.

Nate

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:26 pm

Nate (post: 1404998) wrote:If people don't want to play a game because of the graphics then they don't deserve to play that game.

And OoT is far, FAR from hideous. It looks great. If you want hideous, go look at one of the first Playstation games. Bubsy 3D, for example.

Well if you love a title or a series, I wouldn't see why anyone wouldn't appreciate an update of the original game.

Unless there are various gameplay changes or something, that's another story. Or if you're one of those "Rwar ruining the purity of the original game!" type of peoples or something.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:34 pm

Okay, maybe hideous is too strong a word.

Still most people wont buy it, they will buy the better looking Wind Waker or Twilight Princesses.

I'd also like to see Majora's Mask polished up.

Maybe even bring back some of the original crew to redesign some of the cut-scenes, like that one in OoT right after you draw the Master sword the first time, not rewrite the script but set it in a better looking room.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:41 pm

Nate (post: 1404964) wrote:Yeah but...Ocarina of Time was released on a Gamecube disc.

Twice.

Which can be played on the Wii.

And you can also buy it on the Virtual Console.

Weeeeelll, that is true. XD Although, wasn't the Zelda Collector's Edition (which included OoT) only released as a free game along with the purchase of a Gamecube, as opposed to Master Quest, which anyone could buy? Even so, I'd say it still differs greatly from movie remakes, if only because you can still find the game on a recent console, sans new actors and new directors and a new take on the game entirely (for the most part--I guess some of the FF remakes have been changed more than other re-releases have). XD But at the end of the day, I'd call it more of a convenience issue ("I would rather keep my Wii plugged in and play some OoT than drag out my N64 from the closet") than a creative re-imagining, like most movie remakes tend to be. XD

Not that that makes it any less superfluous, but I'm guessing it's a lot easier to port something than it is to create something entirely new, so it's also probably a lucrative option for companies to provide well-loved game remakes alongside the new games they spend more time on.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby goldenspines » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:54 pm

MomentOfInertia (post: 1404994) wrote:Yes its been re-released many times but, Ocarina of Time really does deserve this kind of graphical boost, the original version was an amazing game but now no one will pick it up because it is hideous to look at.

Maybe they'll make a Wii version as a free pack-in with pre-orders of Skyward Sword *crosses fingers*

<---- *is no one*

In all honesty, the graphics in OoT are perfectly fine to look at, for me, as a game. When I play a game, I want to play a game, not watch a high quality Avatar graphic-esque movie. It's too distracting. I mean, while I'm busy looking at that really detailed and perfect tree (that is colored with the best shade of green for that type of tree), I get attacked and killed by a troll.
But, that's just me.

I'm sure someone agreed with me since Atari games were so popular. ;)

But like Nate implied, I think they are over-killing OoT a bit. It was an awesome game, but why are we shooting to put in on every Nintendo system? Is there some hidden goal to reach here? Like, if you collect every version of OoT you'll get a prize? (that would be great, btw, and all this would make sense XD)

Or, this could be just like remakes of movies. To re-introduce the "younger" and "less-fortunate" generation to greatness that is Ocarina of Time.

IN 3D! \o.o/

Because we're hardcore like that.

I would love to see a re-release of Majora's Mask too, though. ^_^ Mostly because I can't find a N64 that works properly anymore.
goldenspines

Postby Nate » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:12 pm

You'll never see a re-release of Majora's Mask, sadly, because everybody hates it because it isn't exactly like Ocarina of Time. The creators of Zelda dared to do something new, fresh, innovative, and different! We can't have that in videogames. Every Zelda game must be exactly the same!

So I guess it's appropriate that they're just remaking the original game, it saves a whole lot more time than remaking the same game but giving it a different name and graphics.

Yes, I'm still bitter over how lame Twilight Princess was, why do you ask?

EDIT: Except the ice dungeon in TP. That one was awesome.

Nate

Postby firestorm » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:41 am

[quote="goldenspines (post: 1405062)"]<---- *is no one*

In all honesty, the graphics in OoT are perfectly fine to look at, for me, as a game. When I play a game, I want to play a game, not watch a high quality Avatar graphic-esque movie. It's too distracting. I mean, while I'm busy looking at that really detailed and perfect tree (that is colored with the best shade of green for that type of tree), I get attacked and killed by a troll.
But, that's just me.

I'm sure someone agreed with me since Atari games were so popular. ]

That's why I'm glad I have brothers that take extreme care of their stuff XD

Really i don't have mch to say on the subject except that whether or not your tired about how many times the game comes out, their still making it for the 3DS so let's get excited about it! WOOT! (man do I need some sleep -_-)
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Cloud500 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:53 am

I guess there wasn't really a need to re-release this, but having it on a portable system makes it that much better.

And they could have simply ported the original the way it was and it would have been fine, but it doesn't hurt to touch up the graphics a bit.
Cloud500

Previous

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews