Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Postby orangedude » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:14 pm

Anyone else love this game? It's deffinitly my favorite videogame, and I mainly play as Zelda and Lucas. I'm not all that good, but hey, games are for fun, right? :dance:

So, are there any Super Smash Bros. Brawl fans here?
orangedude

Postby Sheol777 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:06 am

My son has this. I play all the time.......as Pikachu.
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby LadyRushia » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:34 am

My favorite characters are Samus/Zero Suit Samus, Zelda/Sheik, Peach, Link, Captain Falcon, Pit, Metaknight, and Marth. Samus definitely is and always has been my top favorite. :3

Brawl has so much stuff to do it's ridiculous, but it's also awesome. The Subspace Emissary was what finally made me go "This game is really awesome."
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:44 am

I love Smash Bros! My favorite character is probably Deedeedee, though I am far better with Toon Link and Diddy Kong. I love having items to throw around all the time.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Peanut » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:48 am

Ah Smash, I love it but rarely have anyone to play it with. So I almost never play it anymore...

Of course, now that I have uncovered how to brawl like a man I may begin to play it again with a little more consistency...and manliness.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby TGJesusfreak » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:05 pm

I have Super Smash Bros Melee. This is not me being selfcentered but, I'm really good at it.

I really want to get this game. *goes to find money*
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby rocklobster » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:09 pm

I mostly play as Mr. Game And Watch and Kirby.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Winry » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:14 pm

I like Kirby the best =)
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Phantom_Sorano 12:29 - Congrats Winry, you are the first CAA Chat Survivor.
Winry

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:18 pm

Peanut (post: 1376822) wrote:Ah Smash, I love it but rarely have anyone to play it with. So I almost never play it anymore...

Of course, now that I have uncovered how to brawl like a man I may begin to play it again with a little more consistency...and manliness.

Yes. Now if only manly players would get MW2...
I like Ike, Pikachu, and Mewtwo.
Why God? Why Lucario?!? n.n/)
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby TGJesusfreak » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:10 pm

Fox and Ganon are my favorites.
RustyClaymore wrote:Why God? Why Lucario?!? n.n/)
XDDD
[SIZE="3"][color="MediumTurquoise"][color="DarkOrange"]EllaEdric's and I's collaberative youtube music channel[/color][/color][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][color="Navy"]TG's (me) youtube channel[/color][/SIZE]

[color="DeepSkyBlue"]"For we are God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works which God prepared in advance for us to do."[/color] Ephesians 2:10
[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Join MOES today!
TGJesusfreak

Postby orangedude » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:02 pm

Anyone wanna exchange Friend Codes and do some online brawling sometime?

Mines: 2707-5664-8373
orangedude

Postby sdzero » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:51 pm

I have not played the game in a while, but I like playing Sonic, Fox and Falco. :)
Under Construction

PSN ID - Sandmanzero
sdzero

Postby Peanut » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:24 pm

Rusty Claymore (post: 1376895) wrote:Yes. Now if only manly players would get MW2...

There is a very good reason for the lack of sages and other manly gamers playing MW2. See rule rule 3 and, most importantly, rule 4.

Peanut

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:57 pm

Hmm, which were those again? I'll have to write them all down. Yeah, I should start playing something else... But there is something about out shooting a sniper rifle with a slienced pistol that is kinda novel...
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Peanut » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:12 pm

Rule 3: No Spamming.

Rule 4: Melee trumps ranged.

I'm pretty sure you could use melee only within MW2 but to do that would require you to spam the same melee animation over and over and over. Explosives only also wouldn't work as demonstrated by Snake being ranked sixth on the list of manliest characters in Brawl (he'd be number 1 if they were manly). Now if you could some how combine melee attacks with explosives, then that would be manly...but you would also be dead.

Peanut

Postby KagayakiWashi » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:38 pm

I love this game. Very casual player, though. Snake is probably my favorite character, though I try to play as whatever character from the current game series I'm playing.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby MrKrillz0r » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:38 am

Was really into this a year ago, it was srs bsns :D Though I've lost most of my skills now.. :( But my favorite characters were King Dedede and Pit. :D Though King Dedede had some srs lack of..well.. lets just say the big body wasn't pure muscles..
MrKrillz0r

Postby jim_wijit » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:26 pm

Smash Bros. is definitely in my top 10 games of all time. Though, I kinda wish they hadn't put Sonic in there. Not that I dislike him as a character or anything but I wanted all the people who asked for him to be disappointed. I play as the Ice Climbers, Ness or Peach most of the time.
jim_wijit

Postby SnoringFrog » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:08 am

I've been playing this recently since I borrowed it from my friend, I love it. I don't like that it feels so slow compared to SSBM though.

Here's my friend code for anyone who wants to add me:4512-3043-1388
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby TGJesusfreak » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:04 pm

I just got it about 5 days ago. IT SO FREAKIN AWESOME!
LadyRushia wrote:Brawl has so much stuff to do it's ridiculous, but it's also awesome. The Subspace Emissary was what finally made me go "This game is really awesome."
Yeah when I saw that I was like "dude! ... this is the greatest game ever!"

Anyone want to trade codes? We have an online connection.
TGJesusfreak

Postby ST. Attidude » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:25 pm

It's been a while since I last played it: I did a little online gaming with Eddosan (man is he good)...
I would trade codes with ya TG if only I own the game, but I yet to :/ I plan on getting it tho...
The soundtrack is just PHENOMENAL. I would buy even that it if I could. As for the game, loads of fun! Especially the subspace emissary; really gave solo mode some sparkle because you can only do adventure mode in SMBM for so long til you go crazy...
My fave Brawl characters (so far) would have to be Yoshi, Pit, and Meta Knight.
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby Ella Edric » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:39 pm

Oh, I totally have already chosen my Brawl charactor to play as: PIT!!! For the win!!! xD
Ella Edric

Postby SnoringFrog » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:43 pm

I'm gonna bump this because 1)I'm currently looking for someone to play against, and 2)last time I left out my Wii code.

Brawl code: 4512-3043-1388
Wii code: 8420 4830 1266 5256

If anyone wants to play, just drop me a PM so I know to hop on the Wii.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
SnoringFrog

Postby mkalv » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:12 am

Yeah, I love this game. Its just awesome. I got it the day it was released.
No pain, no gain. I would prefer no pain, but still gain.
mkalv

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:45 am

LadyRushia (post: 1376806) wrote:My favorite characters are Samus/Zero Suit Samus, Zelda/Sheik, Peach, Link, Captain Falcon, Pit, Metaknight, and Marth. Samus definitely is and always has been my top favorite. :3

Brawl has so much stuff to do it's ridiculous, but it's also awesome. The Subspace Emissary was what finally made me go "This game is really awesome."

Samus, Zelda, Peach, Pit, Marth... Lotta girls on that list, Rushirawr. That list is lookin' awful girly. Good thing you've got Captain Falcon and Metaknight to Man it back up again.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Cloud500 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:12 pm

This game is the only time I'll ever get to play as Lucas...:(
Cloud500

Postby Nate » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:06 pm

Cloud500 wrote:This game is the only time I'll ever get to play as Lucas...:(

http://mother3.fobby.net/

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Cloud500 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:47 pm

Well, legally in english anyway.

I can't find a place online that's even selling the game. I guess I'll have to check Ebay or something.
Cloud500

Postby SnoringFrog » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:44 pm

It's legal if you buy a copy somewhere lol. My friend found and English patch for it too I believe. If you're planning on playing I'll can ask him about it.
SnoringFrog

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:30 pm

I love Super Smash Bros.! The original one for N64 will always hold the most special place in my heart for me, but Brawl is just as good, I think. Awesome fun for my siblings and I. I almost always play Link, mainly because his sword is great in close quarters but is also surprisingly long-range, and because his spin attack kicks butt. Just sayin' :lol:
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews