Favorite games

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Favorite games

Postby Aedin » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:17 pm

I was wondering what soem of people's favorite games here are?

I have such a long list, I can never remember most of them.

Let's see. Some of my favorites are the Ultima Series, King's Field Series, Thief Series, Deus Ex series, Growlanser series, Eternal Ring, SHadow Tower, Odin Sphere, Braid, Echo Night, and wow, so many more I don't remember any of the names lol.

What games do people here like?
Everybody was haiku writing, Their wits were fast as lightning
In fact it was a little bit frightening, But they wrote with expert rhyming
Aedin

Postby Ella Edric » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:19 pm

FINAL FANTASY!!!!!!!!! THE TOTAL AWESOMENESSSSSS!!!!!!!!
the same with LoZ, and FE! ^_______^
Ella Edric

Postby goldenspines » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:30 pm

I love most of Legend of Zelda games. (the ones I've played anyways) And my new favorite game is Professor Layton and the Curious Village, since I love puzzles. I also enjoy a lot of the older Sonic the Hedgehog games (like the ones on the Genesis and the Dreamcast).

I'd probably have more favorite games if I had a PS2. XD;
goldenspines

Postby Aedin » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:42 pm

What kind of systems do you have?

Ok, that question was to Bethany, but now since goldenspines has posted, the question applies to her too lol.
Everybody was haiku writing, Their wits were fast as lightning
In fact it was a little bit frightening, But they wrote with expert rhyming
Aedin

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:56 pm

Sadly, I haven't really played too many games ^__^

the ones I have and that are favorites:

Dark Cloud 2
Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2
Rogue Galaxy
Dynasty Warriors
Samurai Warriors
Jak and Dexter
Mario Bros. 3 (my favorite out of the Mario series)
Donkey Kong 2

Wow, I need to play more games xD;
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Davidizer13 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:28 pm

I love older/retro-styled games, mostly, and strategy games, but here's some of my favorites:

Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising (GBA - great for car trips with friends!)

Axelay (SNES)

Burnout Paradise (PC, 360, PS3)

Burnout Revenge (PS2)

Cave Story (PC; freeware, with WiiWare port in the works)

Chrono Trigger (SNES, PS1)

Civilization 4 (PC)

Final Fantasy 6 (SNES, GBA)

Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken(/FE7) (GBA)

Genetos (PC; freeware - the newest game on the list, and one of the best shmups I've ever played)

Iji (PC; freeware - an emotional gutpunch of a game)

Rome: Total War (PC)

Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 2 (GBA)

World of Goo (WiiWare - Lemmings meets Fantastic Contraptions)
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:59 pm

NCAA College Football

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner

Ace Combat 4

Ace Combat 5

SOCOM 3: US Navy SEALs

SOCOM: US Navy SEALs Combined Assault

[color="Red"][font="Book Antiqua"]Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:28 pm

Hmmm... I'll try to keep this list as short as possible.

Chrono (Trigger and Cross)

Even though my interest in RPG's has rapidly declined over the years, I am still just as in love with these games as the first time I played them. Each one offers it's own unique combat system, and has wonderful character design. In addition, they are both some of the few RPG's which allow you to see your enemies on the map in lieu of the dreaded and poorly aging random encounter system.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

This is, hands down, the best of the Zelda series. There really isn't much else to say.

Psychonauts

One of the most charming games I have ever played. It has it's issues (such as having the worst difficulty curve I have ever seen) but the characterization and jokes are so good it really doesn't matter.

Eternal Darkness

This is the most fun I have ever had playing a horror game. Whoever had the idea to put an insanity bar in a game should be knighted.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Peanut » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:40 pm

My top 10 (still):

1. Portal (short, sweet, and I played it before the internet ruined it...)

2. Iji (I just love this game. The writing, the boss battles, and the weapons...oh how I love those weapons)

3. Persona 4 (the fact that I've played through this lengthy RPG twice and will be playing through it another time says something...)

4. The NCAA Football series (even All Play absorbed over 100 hours of my time...)

5. Metroid Prime series (Prime was incredible, Echoes wasn't as good but was still memorable, and Corruption was the reason I bought a Wii)

6. Team Fortress 2 (Best. FPS. Multiplayer. Ever.)

7. Starcraft and Broodwar (my friends and I still return to this game even though its over 10 years old)

8. Sam and Max (the Telltale seasons since I haven't played any of the original games...)

9. AudioSurf (Nice, cheap, "rhythm" based game for the PC)

10. No More Heroes (this game gave me a man crush for Suda 51)
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby ich1990 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:45 pm

Top 4 are easy enough:

Earthbound

One of the best RPG's ever. Great humor combined with a intelligent fight system and amusing storyline.

Final Fantasy 3/6

Having all sorts of characters to choose from is a great idea, as was the multiple storyline path technique. Great memories.

LoZ: A Link to the Past and LoZ: Twilight Princess

Playing through ALttP now, actually. I had forgotten how freaking hard it is. Played through TP a little while ago, I had forgotten how incredibly easy it is. Both represents high points in the franchise for me.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:50 pm

I have a long list of favorites too, so here I go.

1. Super Mario Bros 3(My first Mario game)
2. Mega Man 2
3. Mega Man 4
4. Mega Man X4
5. Mega Man Legends 2(fav PS1 game)
6. Super Mario 64
7. Super Mario Galaxy
8. Muramasa: The Demon Blade
9. Tales of Veseperia
10. Tales of Symphonia
11. Phoenix Wright series(including Apollo Justice)
12. Dynasty Warriors series
13. Samurai Warriors series
14. Rogue Galaxy
15. Persona 3 and 4
and many more!
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby TGJesusfreak » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:22 pm

[quote="goldenspines"]I love most of Legend of Zelda games. (the ones I've played anyways) And my new favorite game is Professor Layton and the Curious Village, since I love puzzles. I also enjoy a lot of the older Sonic the Hedgehog games (like the ones on the Genesis and the Dreamcast).

I'd probably have more favorite games if I had a PS2. XD]
Yes! Sonic games! LoZ! (TGJesusfreak likey)
[quote="Tsukuyomi"]Sadly, I haven't really played too many games ^__^

the ones I have and that are favorites:

Dark Cloud 2
Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2
Rogue Galaxy
Dynasty Warriors
Samurai Warriors
Jak and Dexter
Mario Bros. 3 (my favorite out of the Mario series)
Donkey Kong 2

Wow, I need to play more games xD]
Those 3 are some of my favorite games of all time.

In total my favs are:
FF12
FF10
FFCC
FF tactics
Fire Emblem: Sacred stones
Fire Emblem (Blazing Sword)
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Lego Star Wars
Animal Crossing
Animal crossing: Wild World
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Metroid Prime
Metroid prime 2: Echoes
Metroid prime 3: Corruption
Kingdom hearts
Kingdom Hearts 2
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario 64 (DS)
Super Mario 3
Mario kart: Double Dash!
Mario Kart Wii
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
LoZ: Majora's Mask
LoZ: Wind Waker
LoZ (Original)
LoZ: Phantom Hourglass
LoZ: Twilght Princess
Sonic Heros
(That enough for ya?)
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby Valkaiser » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:38 pm

For me it's all about Morrowind and Oblivion.
I have very little inclination to play anything else because after I start going for a bit I realize "Hey! Why am I playing this when I could be playing Morrowind/Oblivion instead?".

That said, I am currently playing "Dwarf Fortress" and I am in awe...
Valkaiser

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:16 am

Knight of the Old Republic I and II.

Freaking awesome games.

Also

Deus Ex and Invisible War.

Max Payne

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Shao Feng-Li

Postby AnimeGirl » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:19 pm

Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight (especially the Mystery Of The Sith expansion!), Unreal (GOLD Edition), Unreal Tournament (Game Of The Year Edition), Lord Of The Rings Online, and....there's more. XD
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:42 am

ICO - Hands down, no competition, my favorite game ever. Most of my favorite games still have one or two things I don't really like or wish I could change, but not ICO. Seriously, if you changed anything about this game, it could only be made worse. It's that much of a masterpiece, and I love it to death.

Final Fantasy X - A close second, FFX was my first FF game, and even now, after playing six more FF games, none can compare to this amazing game. Okay, so the voice acting is rather wince-worthy at times, and the sidequests you're forced to do at the end are incredibly frustrating, but the story more than makes up for that. I have yet to see a FF game story that grips me anywhere near as much as FFX did - and you can have your FFVII, geeks XD I gasped in FFVII, but I bawled like a baby in FFX.

Myst - Yeah, pretty much the whole series. I've only played the first three, but judging from how I've fallen head-over-heels in love with each of those, I have little doubt I'll do the same for the other two. I just love the richness and detail in all the games, how they offer you a moral choice at the end, and how you can really empathize with these characters because you feel like they're actually looking at you and talking to you.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - If you ask me, this game is the definition of Zelda. Maybe that's just because it was the first one I played where you actually have to save Zelda (the actual first game I played was the rather lousy Link's Awakening, for the GBC). The music is amazing. The story is classic. The locations are fun and diverse. And I don't care what anyone says about the blocky graphics of the N64; Princess Zelda was beautiful. This game was epic, man. None of the others can really compare, though several come close and all have their good points.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - I think it's safe to say this one's a favorite, as I've played it no less than four times (five, if you count the time I watched every minute while my brother played it). It's so fun to play the athletic Prince; all the battles feel like a dance, and you can't beat the joy of running along the walls. The music was perfect, the atmosphere drew you in, and the story! Oh my goodness, the story. Love it. It was so wonderfully crafted, with the Prince narrating and making his little quips here and there. WW and TTT kind of killed the franchise (guh, American accent *twitch*), but I have high hopes for the new game coming out.

Jak II - This is the only trilogy where the middle installment is my favorite. Jak 3 was pretty good, but it could have been better about some things; Precursor Legacy was pretty lame in comparison, and I'm glad I played Jak II first, or I would probably have given up on the series before I knew how cool it got. It's such a great mix of humor and excitement, and you get a nice wide range of levels, from shooting to platforming to X-games tricks, even. And it looks so stylish; rather than trying to make everything look super-realistic, they let it be cartoony, and it looks so much better for it.

Abe's Oddysee - ^_^ Abe just makes me grin real wide. He's so innocently cute, and the game's whimsical yet strikingly poignant.

Xenogears - I'm still playing this game for the first time, but I already love it as much as these other games.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Alcuinus » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:23 am

Tsukuyomi (post: 1369636) wrote:Sadly, I haven't really played too many games...

You listed about how many games I've owned in my lifetime! O_O

Top favorites are

MechWarrior (take your pick but I only owned MW4 Mercenaries)
and
Warzone2100 ('cause it's free and runs under Linux :P)

My favorite genre is IF (interactive fiction) though I haven't played more than two. If I wanted to start playing VGs again I'd probably play mostly IF games.
Deo Volente Deo non Fortuna
Alcuinus

Postby Davidizer13 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:47 am

I found this absolutely awesome game a few weeks ago, called Alien Soldier, for the Genesis/Mega Drive. It is a run'n'gun platformer, similar to Contra or a darker, edgier Gunstar Heroes. Even though it wasn't originally released in the US, but it's on the Wii's Virtual Console now. Made by Treasure (of Ikaruga, Mischief Makers and Dynamite Headdy fame), it's a huge boss rush, throwing boss after boss after glorious boss at you (Seven Force and Melonbread from Gunstar Heroes make appearances), broken up by short stages so you can prepare for whatever they're going to throw at you next.

And you'll need it: this game is hard. Each and every one of those 20+ bosses are out for blood, and they're going to kick your butt. This is amplified by the fact that your weapons have limited ammo, so you have to juggle between the four weapons you're given. It is even harder than it sounds, but it's so awesome, you won't mind the difficulty.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby MangArtist » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:29 am

the_wolfs_howl (post: 1389754) wrote:ICO - Hands down, no competition, my favorite game ever. Most of my favorite games still have one or two things I don't really like or wish I could change, but not ICO. Seriously, if you changed anything about this game, it could only be made worse. It's that much of a masterpiece, and I love it to death.

I completely agree. There's also just something about the characters that very few other games have been able to pull off.

For meee...

ICO(obviously)
Shadow of the Colossus
SW: Knights of the Old Republic(the first one)
Lost Planet(stoked for the second one)
Jade Empire
Halo 1, 2, and 3
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Donkey Kong 64
Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, and 3
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Bros. 3
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Zelda: Wind Waker
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Gears of War 2
The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind
The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Dungeon Siege(1 only)
Spider Man 2

and a bunch more that aren't coming to mind. :D
"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you." (Deuteronomy 30:6)

Muh DA page.
MangArtist

Postby Lilac#18 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:05 pm

[color="Plum"]Street Fighter games
Soul Calibur games
Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Tekken games
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Streets of Rages games

That's all for now.
[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Sammy Boy » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:54 am

My list would have to include:

- Chrono Trigger
- Knights of the Old Republic
- Street Fighter Zero/Alpha series
- Sacred and Sacred 2
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
- Cave Story
Sammy Boy

Postby Hohenheim » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:53 pm

I'll be honest, it's been a while since I've picked up a controller, but these are my favorites:

The Halo Trilogy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Mario 64 (I haven't played this since I sold my 64, but it still holds a golden spot in my memories)
Portal
Call of Duty Games
[font="Arial Black"]"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness." - excerpt from the novel Brave New World[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Is all this striving after ultimate meaning a massive delusion, a gigantic wish-fulfillment?...Could our symbol-rich world be of interest only to a pitiless nihilist? I do not think so." - Simon Conway Morris[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Faith seeks understanding. I do not seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe in order to understand." - St. Anselm of Canterbury[/font]
Hohenheim

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:00 pm

My favorite series by far is Metal Gear. I like all of the real MG games I've played, and I'm OK with the NES ones, though the idea of their existence is a bit annoying actually. My favorite game in that series is most definitely MGS4. I'm a fan of cinematic games. The only thing I really don't like about MGS4 story wise is the Beauty and the Beast corps. Well, that and I think one point at the end was a bit cheap. Everyone who's beaten it knows what I'm talking about, though at the same time it's a bit of fanservice too. Anyone who's played MG2 and then MGS3 and PO knows why it was a bittersweet thing.

My favorite game not really tied to the series it's in is Silent Hill 2. It's not really a horror game, as the making-of DVD says. It's a terrible love story (Terrible meaning the events, not the story itself, though the wording they use does open it up to easy mocking.) Silent Hill 2 is the standard to which I put game stories. The presentation isn't quite up to par with Metal Gear Solid, and the acting leaves a lot to be desired, but the story hasn't quite beem matched. It's been imitated a lot, but never matched. Silent Hill 3 was a visual masterpiece and the story wasn't bad, but the supernatural cult focus was inferior to the personal demons focus of SH2 (which was inspired heavily by Jacob's Ladder)

The Chrono Games also sit on top of my list, particularly Cross. I feel a sort of longing from time to time when I think about the fact the series that was OBVIOUSLY gearing up to be a trilogy never finished. Chrono Cross is the typical middle story in the trilogy. It's grey (story wise, even if it is more colorful than CT imagery-wise), dark (story wise, again, it's very bright imagery wise), sad, and takes many opportunities to point forward to a conclusion that is never reached.

I love the Final Fantasy Series, though I haven't beaten most of them (haven't beaten1,2,3,4,5,7,9,12) I got to the mountain hopping ship on FF3, and got lost (NES version, I've never played the 3d upgrade)... I got right to the end of 5 and wasn't able to beat Exdeath, and I got to the last disc on FF7 but watched a friend beat it instead of beating it myself. I also beat FFX about 10 times... haha! FF12 is... It just doesn't hold my interest. Of course, I've never played 11. MMOs don't count. I haven't played 13 yet, and don't plan on getting it until I beat 12.

After that, my favorites include Bionic Commando, Mario 3 and World, the first 3 Seiken Densetsu (Mana) games and have SD2 (Secret of mana) memorized (gameplay wise), Earthbound, Civ 2, the megaman series as a whole, Robotrek (not related to Macross or Mospeda or whatever), STtNG for SNES, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves on NES...

The games I'm currently spending a lot of time on are Unreal Tournament 3 (MODS. I have a few gigs worth of mods on my PS3, and I'm working on the tutorial books for Unreal editor... Well, actually, waiting for the book to get here. I'm working off a downloaded version while I wait, which doesn't have project files), Uncharted 2 (great game, but my game time usually consists of multiplayer on UT3 with a friend) and Crisis Core
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Nate » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:09 pm

the_wolfs_howl wrote:lousy Link's Awakening

Link's Awakening

lousy

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:20 am

^ :lol: The only way I got through that game was intense boredom and a walkthrough. For me, if there's no Zelda, there's no point. (Come on, it's called the Legend of Zelda for a reason!) I play Zelda games to save Zelda and fight Ganon, not go scuttling around an island trying to figure out what a Wind Fish is and why it's asleep, only to find out...

[spoiler]...that it was all just a dream.[/spoiler]

Another favorite game that I can't believe I forgot is Hotel Dusk: Room 215. Kyaaaaaaaaaa, what a good game! :dance: Right up my alley - tons of story (heehee, you get to hold it like a book!), mystery, great characterization (I love it when you can tell who's going to pop up just by what they say), and interesting little puzzles that can be a bit arbitrary, but oh well. I really hope the sequel gets ported to the States!!! :mutter:

And then there's the original Super Smash Bros. for the N64. My siblings and I got soooooo much fun out of that game. We got the few unlockable stuff and just played it to death. We would have tournaments on Christmas or Thanksgiving (a tradition we still hold to this day, though it's just not quite the same on the Wii), or try playing with one hand, sharing a controller, or with our feet :hits_self I always play Link, because I love to annoy people with his far-reaching sword and his spin attacks.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby MOAVGproduction » Thu May 27, 2010 1:08 pm

TES:III,IV...V...
The sims 2 and 3
Any and every fps game...
Sandbox games.
Saints row 1-2
and anything with alot of blood and gore in it! >:)
MOAVGproduction

Postby Scarecrow » Thu May 27, 2010 2:32 pm

Any Zelda game really except The Adventures of Link... I didn't like that one much. And I've played all of them except Link's Awakening which I'm trying to get my hands if I can.

Chrono Trigger...

I really don't play video games much but this being my vacation and didn't have much to do, started playing the Assassin's Creed games and they're pretty good. I just beat the first one a few days ago and I just got to the part where you actually get your Assassin robes in the second. I like games where you sneak around and stuff. Would prefer more puzzles, less combat but they're pretty good.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Nate » Thu May 27, 2010 4:19 pm

Scarecrow wrote:Any Zelda game really except The Adventures of Link...

Dude, you are DOUBLE Gannon-Banned.

2. Calling Zelda II "The Adventures of Link".

This one is an epidemic (see the official "Videogame Style Guide" for starters). Apparently for some reason, several people out there think Zelda II is called "The Adventures of Link". Just like spelling Ganon wrong, this trend has spread to numerous fans. Sure, I've heard arguments that the translation of the Japanese title could be plural, but we're not frickin Japanese. The English title says "The Adventure of Link".

22. Claiming Zelda II is anything other than the best Zelda game ever.

The Adventure of Link is widely regarded as the "dark horse" of the Zelda series. After fans got hooked on the original, Miyamoto and company had the audacity to create a sequel that attempted to offer a truly new, unique experience to gamers. How were they rewarded? By the screaming rants of angry fanboys who continue to this day to swear on their lives that Zelda II is the worst Zelda game ever made. Zelda II was ahead of its time - pretty much the first action RPG ever, and it also came out around the time of both the original Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. It pioneered restoring one's health by taking advantage of hookers (which is apparently a big deal in modern games like Grand Theft Auto), gave Link the ability to use magic and new skills (reused in every Zelda title since then), and featured tough-as-nails difficulty (at the time) that has been sorely missed ever since. Bottom line, Zelda II is a god amongst men.

Nate

Postby Scarecrow » Thu May 27, 2010 6:28 pm

O.O I didn't know it was a big deal. I didn't have the game on hand. I checked though and yes you are right. Sorry for offending you =P

And no I don't care for it much... I've never been a fan of RPG's really (seriously, Chrono Trigger is the exception... and that's cause no grinding is needed, it's short and I love the storyline and music :P). I actually don't care much for Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask or Twilight Princess either so... I guess my picks aren't really popular all around. Not to say none of these are horrible... just my least favorites with Zelda II being at the very bottom. I don't really care if it was a breakthrough, I just didn't enjoy it much. Never got to finish it till they released that Collectors Edition for the GC cause the nintendo always erased my saved games)

My favorite is definitely A Link to the Past followed by Four Swords Adventure (the GC version... never played the version that came with LttP on GBA), and Wind Waker (I happened to like sailing around the ocean in a boat :P)
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Nate » Fri May 28, 2010 7:24 am

Scarecrow wrote:I actually don't care much for Majora's Mask

You have just become my worst enemy.
My favorite is definitely A Link to the Past

...okay never mind. You're cool now.

Nate

Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews