Video Game Review Requests

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:55 pm

Yonnivin (post: 1203675) wrote:Would somone be able to do a review on Call of Duty 4 modern warfare. I wanted to know what other people thought before i bought it

You may want to send a PM to Link Antilles. Unless there are several CoD4 titles, he has talked about this extensively on the Gamecast and would probably be very willing to share his opinions.
uc pseudonym

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:07 am

uc pseudonym (post: 1203820) wrote:You may want to send a PM to Link Antilles. Unless there are several CoD4 titles, he has talked about this extensively on the Gamecast and would probably be very willing to share his opinions.

As would I i played it through
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:28 pm

I just put up two reviews for call of duty 1 and 2
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Lilac#18 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:49 pm

Please do a review with Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit.:)
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Haruhiko » Sun May 11, 2008 8:20 pm

Could someone review No More Heroes?
[SIZE="4"][color="DarkOrange"]Haruhiko, CAA's resident lurker.[/color][/SIZE]

Haruhiko

Postby firestorm » Wed May 14, 2008 11:01 am

Could someone give a review on cartoon network's Fusion Fall mmo? I know it's not out yet but its on its beta run right now so I figured it's possible. Here is the link for it if you wish.
http://www.fusionfall.com/
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Song_of_Storms » Fri May 16, 2008 6:32 pm

[mood=random] I love your Avie, Monique. 8D [/random] Do you want KH one or Two reviewed? Played/beat them both. n.n
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat May 17, 2008 12:50 pm

Both Kingdom Hearts I and II already have reviews in the database (you're out of luck if you want Chain of Memory, but it's basically a rehash of the first game).
uc pseudonym

Postby Yuen Fei Lung » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:52 am

I'm going to be doing an audio review of Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit this week and I'd be happy to also do a written review for CAA. How exactly do I go about posting it or PMing it to the right person? I'm a bit confused still about how reviews for video games work around here so please forgive my ignorance on this matter.
Yuen Fei Lung

Postby AsianBlossom » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:31 am

For written reviews, you go to the reviews section (make sure it's the Video Games section), go to the top right corner, and click on "Add your own!", after which you fill in the sections with the appropriate text. The review won't immediately appear, as it needs to be verified by a staff member who has either played the game, will play the game, or knows someone who has played the game. This could take a while, so please be patient.

I'm not sure about Audio Reviews...in that case, you'd probably want to PM Gypsy, or if she's not around then any other mod or admin. But since I don't recall ever seeing any audio reviews for games before, you should talk to Ashley if you can't reach Gypsy.
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:14 pm

AsianBlossom wrote:I'm not sure about Audio Reviews...in that case, you'd probably want to PM Gypsy, or if she's not around then any other mod or admin. But since I don't recall ever seeing any audio reviews for games before, you should talk to Ashley if you can't reach Gypsy.

I can answer that: the database is in text form only and an audio isn't very helpful for its purposes. But I'm fairly sure that Yuen Fei Lung understands this and intends to create a written version, in which case your directions to the review form are completely correct.
uc pseudonym

Postby Yuen Fei Lung » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:57 pm

Very cool. Thanks for the help everyone. I'm looking forward to sitting down and writing the review later on this week. I'm nearly finished with the game.
Yuen Fei Lung

Postby Haruhiko » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:08 pm

Think someone could review Ninja Gaiden II for the 360? I'm going to be picking up a 360 soon, and the game looks interesting.

If someone isn't going to write a full-blown review, can you answer these questions?

1. I heard there was a scene in the game with total above-the-waist female nudity in the game. Is that true, or was the review I read over-reacting?

2. Bloodshed doesn't bother me for the most part, but I do wonder; how often do you fight other human characters?

3. Would you let your 13 year old son play it? (Not to boast, but I am considered very mature for my age. I've never had a game/movie impact me in a negative way, and my parents have a high trust for me and the things I choose to play/watch)

Thanks a ton, guys.
[SIZE="4"][color="DarkOrange"]Haruhiko, CAA's resident lurker.[/color][/SIZE]

Haruhiko

Postby Aleolus » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:20 am

While I haven't played Ninja Gaiden myself, its close cousin Tenchu is mentioned on TV Tropes as a mention of their idiom "The Guards Must be Crazy", if that tells you anything.
"Please stand down, I don't want meaningless bloodshed!" chaos-Xenosaga

"Who are you?"
"If I knew that, I wouldn't be suffering." - Hakuro, Utawarerumono

"Dirty thoughts are bad!" Mahoro, Mahoromatic

Help my dragons to grow, please!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aleolus

Postby MangArtist » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:01 am

I was wondering. I did a review on Drakengard sometime near the end of last year and I was wondering if it ever got to you guys.("guys" meaning staff members)
"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you." (Deuteronomy 30:6)

Muh DA page.
MangArtist

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:00 pm

Yes, it is in the database and looks complete. I can't personally confirm it, and if it has been this long it looks like at the moment no one else can either. Sorry about this.
uc pseudonym

Postby MangArtist » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:12 pm

No problem. Just wondering. I hated the game anyway.:P
"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you." (Deuteronomy 30:6)

Muh DA page.
MangArtist

Postby randomuser83 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:23 pm

Will you guys do a review on a MMORPG called Perfect World. There gonna have a beta for the US version and I think people who like MMO will like it. If you guys dont do online games then thats cool.

http://contest.mmosite.com/giveaway/perfect_world/
randomuser83

Postby ilikegir33 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:21 am

I'm doing a review for Sin and Punishment: Successor to the Earth for N64/Virtual Console. Oh yeah, it's well worth your Wii Points. (it's a bit pricey)

Oh and someone PLZ do a review of The World Ends With You/Kubarishiki ko no Sekai!
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby CAAOutkast » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:10 am

Can you guys review Street Fighter 4 when it comes out. Thanks.
CAAOutkast

Postby rocklobster » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:43 am

I'm currently reviewing Age of Mythology. Will post a review as soon as I finish playing the Scenario mode.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby FnlFntsyYuna » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:30 pm

Could someone please review the new Tomb Raider: Underworld game. Thanks^^
FnlFntsyYuna

Postby rocklobster » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:05 am

Could someone review Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:02 am

Is CAA even still accepting reviews? Because I would love to help by contributing again, however, there are reviews I wrote years ago which still have not appeared in the database.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:57 pm

We're pretty much always accepting reviews. Approving them... not so often.

I see only a review of Scratches from you. The others must have been duplicated by someone else or deleted.
uc pseudonym

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:47 pm

uc pseudonym (post: 1281598) wrote:We're pretty much always accepting reviews. Approving them... not so often.

I see only a review of Scratches from you. The others must have been duplicated by someone else or deleted.

What can I do to get my reviews approved? I submitted Scratches about a year ago, but it has yet to be approved. (I would like to be able to update that one before it gets posted, actually, as I finally managed to get the Director's Cut version working on my computer, which has an extended storyline.)

I understand that you guys have to be careful when approving reviews as far as accuracy is concerned, and I'm very careful taking that into account when writing reviews, for what it's worth.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Paxdroca » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:12 am

Well, I'm reviewing Fable now.
Here's goes:

So I return from my summer vacation, clutching a new DS in one hand and a bottle of Mug Root Beer in the other, to find that house of schoolwork that had felt so comfortably far away right on its foundation where I last saw it. And reality came crashing down like a LEGO brick house falling to the ground. So, freak it! Back to the realm of stupid reviews of pointless games and crappy movies and books. Fortunately, Fable was a good first run.
Fable is by Lionhead Studios, home of long-time game designer, Peter Moulineux, who has a horrible tendency to promise the Earth and be ultimately crippled by his own ambition. (See the big, fat monkey fest, Black and White.) During the development of Fable, for instance, it was promised to have rival NPC characters; plants growing in real time; and where every little choice you made had an effect on you and the environment around you. All we got was a bulkly action RPG with a great big ego for itself.
The story got off to a flying start when I realized I could actually skip the annoying cinematics. So I skipped what I didn’t like and pretty much started on my first quest.
It seemed straightforward enough, do enough good deeds to earn enough gold from my father to get a present for my older sister. So I immediately did every single one and earned enough gold to buy my sister a present and still had some left over. Then, I brought my sister the present and started to go back home. But then, of course, all heck broke loose.
An army of bandits came through town and slaughtered everyone. They killed my father and kidnapped my mother and sister, but they were apparently looking for me. I found the dead body of my father and was rescued by a guy named Maze.
He took me to the Heroes’ Guild and I spent some of the game there, learning the basics of the game. I finally graduated and started off on my second quest, Defeat the Wasp Queen.
I chose to be good because I found out from different forums that while being evil pays more, being good gives you reductions of prices on certain items. So I gave myself the Hero Title Liberator and killed the Wasp Queen.
I earned my first amount of gold and renown and went back to the Guild for more quests.
I met Maze in Bowerstone South and learned that my sister was still alive. So I did a bunch more quests, earned more renown and gold and XP and leveled myself up to face the biggest task I had so far: The Arena.
Alright, let’s get one thing straight, designers: The Arena was easy! I bought out all the health and will potions and all the resurrection phials and went out and slaughtered the Arena Challenge. I also wanted to keep my money, so I killed my partner, Whisper. That was the first evil deed that I had done intentionally, not counting any accidental evil deeds, and earned well over 100000 gold.
So I did a whole bunch more quests and finally faced the toughest challenge in the game: Jack of Blades. He had the most powerful sword in Albion: The Sword of Aeons. But I used a couple spells on him with some powerful weapons and killed him the first time I faced him.
So, my sister tells me that I could either kill her and gain the Sword of Aeons, or throw it into the vortex. Since the Sword was the most powerful weapon in the game, I yelled at the screen, “My deepest apologies, sis!â€
"If you can't fit it, edIT!" Proud member of MOES!

"Fear is the mind killer.
"Fear is like little death that brings total obliteration.
"I will face my fear.
"I will permit it to pass over and through me.
"I WILL NOT FEAR."
- Kaishi, Way of the Shinobi

"But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."
- Jesus.
Jesus loves RPers, and so should you.
Paxdroca

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:37 pm

Thank you for offering a review, Paxdroca. However, we have a review form specifically for submitting. Click Reviews at the top of the screen, then Video Games, then "Add your own!" and fill out all the fields.

Azier the Swordsman wrote:What can I do to get my reviews approved? I submitted Scratches about a year ago, but it has yet to be approved. (I would like to be able to update that one before it gets posted, actually, as I finally managed to get the Director's Cut version working on my computer, which has an extended storyline.)

I understand that you guys have to be careful when approving reviews as far as accuracy is concerned, and I'm very careful taking that into account when writing reviews, for what it's worth.

Basically, we only approve what we've played ourselves, which means that some reviews fall through the cracks for a long time. However, we are discussing a change in this policy, though I can't say more about that at the moment.
uc pseudonym

Postby Paxdroca » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:53 pm

Sorry... new at this....
"If you can't fit it, edIT!" Proud member of MOES!

"Fear is the mind killer.
"Fear is like little death that brings total obliteration.
"I will face my fear.
"I will permit it to pass over and through me.
"I WILL NOT FEAR."
- Kaishi, Way of the Shinobi

"But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."
- Jesus.
Jesus loves RPers, and so should you.
Paxdroca

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:16 pm

uc pseudonym (post: 1281768) wrote:Thank you for offering a review, Paxdroca. However, we have a review form specifically for submitting. Click Reviews at the top of the screen, then Video Games, then "Add your own!" and fill out all the fields.

Basically, we only approve what we've played ourselves, which means that some reviews fall through the cracks for a long time. However, we are discussing a change in this policy, though I can't say more about that at the moment.

Perhaps I may humbly suggest a "trust" based system, approving reviews of members who have been with CAA long enough and proven themselves in some manner? Since there are so many games out there it would be impossible for the busy staff to have played them all personally, it seems a shame for all of the titles that will slip through the cracks especially since, in my honest opinion, there are so few decent Christian game review sites actually out there.

Do not feel the need to reply to my suggestion in any way. Just throwing in my two cents.
Azier the Swordsman

Previous Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews