XIII and a quote from David Duchovney

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

XIII and a quote from David Duchovney

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:48 pm

I just read this while trying to find the Final Fantasy 6 radio drama (that I wanted to join, but I wasn't accepted)

" wrote:XIII isn't like any videogame I have ever seen - it plays like a suspenseful movie with a conspiracy-ridden storyline filled with enough twists and turns to keep everyone guessing, Players are in for a lot of surprises with this game - things are never what they seem, making for good drama and a great game."

Hmm... Obviously Dave's never played Metal Gear Solid 2... Or, any number of games before XIII that played "like a suspenseful movie with a conspiracy-ridden storyline" what he said could have replaced XIII with Metal Gear Solid 2.

Let's try this again:

"Metal Gear Solid 2 isn't like any videogame I have ever seen - it plays like a suspenseful movie with a conspiracy-ridden storyline filled with enough twists and turns to keep everyone guessing," said TheDuck. "Players are in for a lot of surprises with this game - things are never what they seem, making for good drama and a great game."

Yup... That's a good description of MGS2 allright...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby otaku » Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:50 am

he plays pinball. anyway yeah mgs. you know i tried x111 kinda seems like a french comic based fps with heavy bond like gameplay influence same in story ok though i am interested.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
otaku

Postby Razgriz » Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:01 pm

lol! I think David here has made too generalized of a comment and not going in to even the slightest detail, so much for the PR. Besides, I'm not a fan of cel shaded games and I'm biased towards MGS2. *shrug*
Razgriz

Postby madphilb » Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:01 pm

I'm not a big fan of Cell Shading myself, but the game does look good.... haven't played MGS2 yet, I think it's down to about $20 or so for the Xbox, so I might have to give it a go.

PHIL
madphilb

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:30 pm

yeah... Big warning on MGS2... If you like Lain, you'll like the ending but if Lain was too out there, you will probably be very disappointed with the ending to MGS2... It was very philisophical and, um, well hard to understand at the end... That's why a lot of fans were disappointed with the end. Not me, though. I loved it from beginning to end. It breaks out into Lain-like "documentaries" at various points, and there are VERY LONG periods of talking (much like Xenosaga, I've heard) but if you're getting it on X-box, the only version that's out is the second one, known as "Substance" which is like 1000000 times better than the standalone sons of liberty, and if you were upset by lack of gameplay in SOL (which I wasn't) you will be vindicated in Substance... It can probably keep you occupied for longer than most RPG's...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby madphilb » Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:56 pm

Picked it up with a few other games, snuck in on the 20/25/30 discount for pre-owns at EBGames before the cut the sale off early :D (sometimes it pays to hand out there too much LOL )

It's still sealed though (should put it in and test it this weekend I think though).... busy playing KotOR (game rocks) and I'm about 3/4 of the way through Voodoo Vince (killer game... take that, all you who say there are no good platformers for the XBox :thumb: ).

I don't know what's worse... all the stuff I've got and haven't quite finished yet, or all the stuff that's comming out in the next 3-6 months sigh

Looking forward to MGS2:Substance though

PHIL
madphilb

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews