What Game Are You Playing Right Now?

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Re: What Game Are You Playing Right Now?

Postby mdmrn » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:15 am

Currently Playing Solo: Pokemon Sapphire (original for GBA); Survive! Mola mola! (Android)

Currently Playing With My Son: Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii); Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii)
MDMRN
Christian -- Dad -- Husband -- Engineer -- Conservative -- Beard Aficionado -- General Dork
mdmrn

Postby Banana Lobster » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:49 am

Hahahahaha, Tingle is so weird.

Technically I'm playing Tetris on my laptop, but I've really been playing a ton of Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten lately. I swear, the thing is addictive. :lol:
Banana Lobster

Postby Kilvakar » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:31 am

Just got the Wii U recently, so I've been playing Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate and Hyrule Warriors a lot.
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby Mullet Death » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:22 am

I'm not playing any games right now, but I am waiting for the Linux port of Metro 2033 Redux to finish downloading so I can play it! I'm stoked!

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Midori » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:25 pm

This is a bit niche but it's worth a mention. My latest game I've been playing is Eryi's Action, the spiritual sequel to Shobon Action, a little platformer game famous (in Japan) for being quite unfair.
Midori

Postby Sheenar » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:55 am

Currently playing Harvest Moon Magical Melody. Have 80/100 music notes, a wife, a new baby, and a bunch of animals. :)

A lot of the townspeople like eggs as gifts for some reason. lol
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:06 pm

Finally got back to Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Sheenar » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:28 pm

Taking a break from Harvest Moon --just started playing Mario RPG. The fighting system took a bit to get used to (it's slightly different from Paper Mario as far as timing and how to select options), but this is a fun game so far. Love the humor. :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:12 pm

Rune Factory 4: a definite improvement on the series. I look forward to their next game.

Tales of the Abyss 3DS - I have no words to describe how much I am enjoying this. The characters, the gameplay, and the dialog....ohhh the dialog XD I am loving this game so far, and look forward to seeing where it takes me.

Little King's Story - definitely unique, though its so easy to get lost when your kingdom's too big XD still, quite enjoyable, though very strange in some places. Not for the series of heart.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Rolarin » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:42 am

I just started playing Elder Scrolls Online and H1Z1. Both great games so far :)
Rolarin

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:16 pm

Me and my sister are currently on disc 4 of FFIX. We picked it back up like a month ago. This game needs more love, it has such a sad story.
(Also, Quina is amazing and I want to be her/him)
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Nate » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:18 am

FFIX is really good, the reason it didn't do very well in the US is that it came out almost at the same time the PS2 did, Sony was hyping up the PS2 and Square was hyping up The Bouncer, and I wouldn't be surprised if FFX had been previewed as well. I mean, I had a subscription to Game Informer (it was free for a long time from Gamestop) and I didn't even know that FFIX existed until I walked in the game store one day and saw it on the shelf and went "Wait, there's a ninth one?"

On top of that, due to how the PS1 (and upcoming PS2) did graphics, people were hoping for more realistic and gritty looking graphics, and having a bunch of SD style characters and a guy with a tail probably rubbed a lot of US audiences the wrong way. I think maybe people were also hoping for the FF series to continue to get more and more futuristic, as had been happening with 6-8, and having one that was a throwback may have been seen as a step in the wrong direction.

All that said it really is a fantastic game that was probably the peak of annoying and useless minigames in the FF series, and the card game was DEFINITELY way worse than Triple Triad. I also have slight issues with the ability learning system but it's not too big a deal.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby KazeShiki » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:14 am

Oh man, I LOVED FFIX, but I can never tell if that's because it's legit good or just because it was my first jrpg. Zidane x Garnet still one of my favorite pairings of all time.

Speaking of jrpgs, I've been continuing the Sora no Kiseki series which seems to get endless praise as one of the best jrpgs ever. Thoroughly enjoying it, particularly the battle system. The quests can get obnoxious at times though.
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:09 pm

I've been semi-obsessively playing Don't Starve. Wow, I'm surprised at how much I enjoy this game. I've managed to die about 20 times, but not once by starving! Yay, I win!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby alma » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:03 pm

Road not Taken. But I rented Little Big Planet 4 and I like it too.
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."John 17:3 (NASB)
"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”John 13:35
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/alma01
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
alma

Postby artisticDreamer » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:52 pm

I've finally gotten around to playing Twilight Princess. I would probably enjoy it more if I wasn't in that dungeon where you have to kill the Poes.
artisticDreamer

Postby Midori » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:19 pm

artisticDreamer wrote:I've finally gotten around to playing Twilight Princess. I would probably enjoy it more if I wasn't in that dungeon where you have to kill the Poes.

Just wait til you get that dungeon's item, which is simultaneously the lamest and coolest item in the game.
Midori

Postby artisticDreamer » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:27 pm

Midori wrote:
artisticDreamer wrote:I've finally gotten around to playing Twilight Princess. I would probably enjoy it more if I wasn't in that dungeon where you have to kill the Poes.

Just wait til you get that dungeon's item, which is simultaneously the lamest and coolest item in the game.

*looks up*
*squeaks*
artisticDreamer

Postby Kilvakar » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:59 pm

Twilight Princess is my favorite Zelda game of all time!

But I'm still grinding away in Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate on my new WiiU. I've reached high rank and am now working together with my brother to climb even higher! Man, that game is frustrating and addicting at the same time. It's given me a lot of inspiration for monster for the RPGs I GM, though...
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby Rolarin » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:09 am

Dragonball Xenoverse!!

I love it :)
Rolarin

Postby Lilac#18 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:03 pm

Rolarin wrote:Dragonball Xenoverse!!

I love it :)

I really want to play that game. I wanted to have it since I saw the trailer back when it first came out in japanese. What got me interested was

1.Future Trunks as an important part of the game (who is one of my favorite characters)
2.Character Creation
3.New Storyline
4.Some New Characters

(All in that order)
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Xeno » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:30 pm

Beat Grand Theft Auto 5 in two sittings. Going to pick up a New Nintendo 3DS next week (I sold my old one last year) and probably get Majora's Mask and Kirby Triple Deluxe. Probably Xenoblade Chronicles 3D also.
Xeno

Postby artisticDreamer » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:24 pm

I was playing SSB4 yesterday, on the Crazy Order mode... did anybody else realize that one of Crazy Hand's attacks is SPOILER: Highlight text to read: flipping off the player?
artisticDreamer

Postby Cat96 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:14 pm

Story of Seasons. I've had it since last Thursday and have played nearly forty hours so far. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I was surprised when Eda died. They haven't killed of a townsperson in so many years. I cried during her funeral. I'm so glad that I can still visit the grave now. I named my cat (in game) after her in honor of her. Winter season is always so slow for me. I've been going to the Safari a lot more lately, hoping to get some silver or gold. I haven't found a single piece yet and I need it for the cheese factory. I also can't wait to unlock Suffolk sheep and alpacas. Not only are they adorable, they also provide the wool I need for some outfits I want to make. Looks like I'll need to build another barn for my wool-producing animals.
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby Nate » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:45 pm

Pokemon Rumble World is cool and fun but man you really can't do a whole lot unless you spend money on those microtransactions.

Nate

Postby Xeno » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:04 pm

Nate wrote:Pokemon Rumble World is cool and fun but man you really can't do a whole lot unless you spend money on those microtransactions.

I've heard the same. Apparently Pokemon Shuffle is easier to play without spending money?
Xeno

Postby Mullet Death » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:38 pm

My friend made me buy Monster Hunter 4, but it's okay, because I made him buy Dark Souls in return. I'll see if it's any good.

Mullet Death

Postby Nate » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:37 am

Xeno wrote:I've heard the same. Apparently Pokemon Shuffle is easier to play without spending money?

Yeah, Pokemon Shuffle gives you 500 free coins a day as long as you connect to the internet, and every tenth time it's 1000 coins. Even though a lot of stages in Shuffle are purposely designed to be basically impossible without buying power ups, the free coins add up over time. In addition, you get jewels every time you beat a Mega Evolution, and they generally give out free jewels for contests and whatnot, which you can save up and trade for coins in the store too. On top of that, you get 100 coins the first time you beat a stage, and 30 every time you beat it thereafter. The Meowth stage also has coins in it too, so there's that as well. Point is you get a LOT of free coins.

Rumble World, not so much. You can only earn diamonds the King's challenges once (though you can do them multiple times) and you generally only get 9 to 11 diamonds from them. You get diamonds for every x number of people you meet through calling online/spotpass but that isn't a lot either. Streetpass hits give more diamonds but it takes a lot of hits to get diamonds from that, and if you live in a town where you don't get a lot of streetpass hits then that doesn't help.

Apparently however if you buy the maximum amount of diamonds possible in the eshop which costs I think 30 bucks total, you get an item that gives you 20 free diamonds every day. That's really cool that they did that, but it doesn't help much if you really don't want to spend real money on the game, because free diamonds are just way too hard to come by.

Nate

Postby Xeno » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:52 am

Mullet Death wrote:My friend made me buy Monster Hunter 4, but it's okay, because I made him buy Dark Souls in return. I'll see if it's any good.

Xeno

Postby Mullet Death » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:42 am

Xeno wrote:
Mullet Death wrote:My friend made me buy Monster Hunter 4, but it's okay, because I made him buy Dark Souls in return. I'll see if it's any good.

Oh, I meant Monster Hunter haha. Dark Souls I'm already familiar with. It's a fantastic game, however rage-inducing and tedious it may be.

Finished up Metro 2033 Redux. I was really impressed with this shooter. Scary moments that were genuinely terrifying. There was frequently an immersive sense of urgency because of the scarcity of the games' resources. Simple but fun stealth combat. Engaging story enhanced by the standard "collectible journal" entries. There was even a scene where the player can reflect on God for a moment. It took place in the ruins of an Orthodox church before a wall adorned with icons of the saints and Christ. It was short but I really appreciated it being there and the somber, respectful tone it had

Metro is definitely the most Russian thing I've ever experienced. More Russian than vodka-induced polar bear club swims. All the spoken Russian was kinda fascinating.

Started up Metro: Last Light immediately afterwards. It may as well be a gigantic Metro 2033 expansion pack. But more Metro 2033 is what I wanted, so that's not at all a complaint.

Mullet Death

Previous Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews