What Game Are You Playing Right Now?

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Re: What Game Are You Playing Right Now?

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:20 pm

X-Wing tabletop game, lost the match.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby SilverToast » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:14 pm

Super Smash Bros Melee. I went to a tournament and beat some new players. My mind was blown by how fast the experts react, move, and how they take advantage of the game's physics.
SilverToast

Postby Banana Lobster » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:22 pm

Halo Wars. I'm trying to get as many achievements as I can before I lose interest. :lol:
Banana Lobster

Postby LastLfan » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:58 am

Transformer fall of cybertron
LastLfan

Postby MomentOfInertia » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:27 pm

Dungeon Keeper 2 mostly.

...<.< ... >.> ... *Maniacal Laugh*
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Nightshade X » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:58 am

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Nightshade X

Postby Mullet Death » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:59 pm

Been playing quite a bit of Skyrim. Some of the evil questlines like the Dark Brotherhood or anything involving Daedric lords are kind of disturbing.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Crossfire » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:30 pm

Akrham Origins. Got tired of not having any Wii U games, soooo...

It's good. Voice acting was way better than expected, same with the story. Although SPOILER: Highlight text to read: yet another plot twist with the Joker made things a bit stale. I was hoping he would stay a minor character, leaving things to the other "main" baddies. Although the part where you, for lack of a better term, enter the Joker's mind was really well done, IMO.. Combat is as fun as ever, and I haven't even scratched the surface with all the side missions and challenges. I think this will last me quite a while, more so than Arkham City.
Crossfire

Postby Sheenar » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:42 am

Taking a break from Ocarina of Time --so have finally gotten around to playing Lego Star Wars II --this is a really fun game and I am having a blast! I'm dying a lot (hey, I'm not terribly good at video games, but enjoy them --and the aim of the stormtroopers is better in the game than in the movies. :P ) I love the Lego aspect of it (characters turning into pieces when they die, building things, etc.) and I love the cute Legoized characters. :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:07 am

I finished Ocarina of Time Master Quest, which was a fun challenge. Now I'm going back to the old classic, Super Mario 64. I'm determined this time to get every star :thumb: (12 so far)
the_wolfs_howl

Postby AnimeSpriter7.4 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:06 pm

Been playing a lot of pokemon lately; gotta max out the ivs and evs. I did it for the competition that was on saturday, i ended up not going though.
AnimeSpriter7.4

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:01 pm

Harvest Moon Island of Happiness! I'm addicted to milking cows and watering plants. :P
Also the most recent Nancy Drew PC game, "The Silent Spy"
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby Adie » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:58 am

inFAMOUS. It's super fun! I'm playing through the game being a good guy first, then eventually I'll replay it and make the protagonist evil. >:D Mwahaha.
Adie

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:13 pm

Making some good progress in Super Mario 64. I'm up to 71 stars already!
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Angel37 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:19 pm

Dragged out the N64 to rock Banjo Kazooie. Like a boss.
Angel37

Postby Nate » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:06 am

Adie wrote:inFAMOUS. It's super fun! I'm playing through the game being a good guy first, then eventually I'll replay it and make the protagonist evil. >:D Mwahaha.

The first one or the new one that just came out?

Because I'd definitely say InFamous is one of the best games ever. Yeah the morality system is pretty limited and falls into the cliche of "burn this orphanage down or find a loving home for all the orphans" but it's difficult to really show grayness in morality when your whole powers system is based around it, and besides nobody wants to rescue the orphans only to have the game go "HA HA actually they were all child clones of Hitler!"

InFamous 2 is pretty great as well though it suffers slightly by making the good-aligned powers SO much better than the evil-aligned powers (with the exception of the grenade powers).

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby drill » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:14 pm

Playing Bravely Default right now, and while there are many things that make it feel original, I can't help but think of Tales of the Abyss when I'm playing this. Also, I feel like most of the bosses are only there, not to enhance the story, but to allow you to use their class.
drill

Postby Adie » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:13 pm

Nate wrote:
Adie wrote:inFAMOUS. It's super fun! I'm playing through the game being a good guy first, then eventually I'll replay it and make the protagonist evil. >:D Mwahaha.

The first one or the new one that just came out?

Because I'd definitely say InFamous is one of the best games ever. Yeah the morality system is pretty limited and falls into the cliche of "burn this orphanage down or find a loving home for all the orphans" but it's difficult to really show grayness in morality when your whole powers system is based around it, and besides nobody wants to rescue the orphans only to have the game go "HA HA actually they were all child clones of Hitler!"

InFamous 2 is pretty great as well though it suffers slightly by making the good-aligned powers SO much better than the evil-aligned powers (with the exception of the grenade powers).

The first one. :) I found it used on sale for $7 and went "why not??" and bought it. And now I can't stop playing it. It's very addictive.

Yeah, the morality system is pretty limited; you kind of have to pick one extreme or the other, unless you want to try and make it through without purchasing any of the better powers. But I think it still works. And it's cool to watch peoples' reactions to you change depending on which path you pick.

Ha, that would be quite the plot twist! "The orphans are clones of Hitler. EVERYONE is a clone of Hitler. YOU'RE A CLONE OF HITLER." *cue game credits*

I definitely want to pick up inFAMOUS 2 once I finish the first one. Second Son looks awesome too; I'll have to get a PS4 eventually so I can play it. :p
Adie

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:11 pm

I finished the story portion of Super Mario 64, so now I'm just going around and mopping up the last few stars. I'm at 94 now; getting pretty close!
the_wolfs_howl

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:51 pm

I beat Super Mario 64, got all 120 stars, and now I've started Paper Mario for the first time, since I'd heard that it was good. It seems cute so far :n_n:
the_wolfs_howl

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:04 pm

the_wolfs_howl wrote:I beat Super Mario 64, got all 120 stars, and now I've started Paper Mario for the first time, since I'd heard that it was good. It seems cute so far :n_n:

I really enjoyed Paper Mario and its sequel, especially the combat system. Fun and straightforward, but deeper than you might expect once you get into the badge system.

Does anyone reading have a recommendation of a similar game for me? I deeply disliked Super Paper Mario and I do know about the Mario and Luigi series.
uc pseudonym

Postby Davidizer13 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:14 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Does anyone reading have a recommendation of a similar game for me? I deeply disliked Super Paper Mario and I do know about the Mario and Luigi series.

The closest thing I can think of is Barkley: Shut Up and Jam Gaiden, but since you've already played that...

This is a stretch, but have you played Yggdra Union? It has a little of the same feel, a JRPG with action commands that affect battles, but it's used in the context of a tactical RPG instead. In gameplay, it falls between Fire Emblem and Advance Wars, but with smaller, more scripted battles than either of those. But that's not necessarily a bad thing - various mechanics emphasise precise positioning your units in that space to make them more effective. Also, the commands don't have quite the same effect as in the Mario RPGs, mostly you're choosing to push harder in a battle when you have the stamina or to hold back to charge a skill. Overall it's got a lot going for it - there's some things I don't like about it in its campaign management side of things - for example, your units' health carries over between missions, healing items are limited early on, and so if your protagonist unit gets beat up a lot then, you're in for a short game - but the battles and strategy elements are both unique and definitely worth a look.

Other than that, there's Super Mario RPG (I'm sensing a theme here) for the SNES , and then you're back on your own.

(there's also Sigma Star Saga, where the battles are decided in short horizontal shmup segments, but the idea ended up being way better than the execution. I didn't get that far before giving up.)
Davidizer13

Postby Mullet Death » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:10 pm

Playing the first Half-life through for the first time. It's not compatible with a gamepad, unfortunately. I feel so helpless and unnatural running and strafing around with the wasd keys and such. I'll be lucky to finish the game.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:11 pm

Playing Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (gamecube). I love killing things as a wolf! :D
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:23 am

Moose, I commend you for playing the Gamecube version. You are a true Zelda fan.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby nillapoet » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:13 pm

I just started playing A Link Between Worlds. I've got such a huge backlog of games. I think finishing Ni No Kuni is up next after Zelda.
nillapoet

Postby GoldenEagle » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:01 pm

I've been playing Pokemon Ruby recently. Still can't quite beat the Elite Four. XD. That, and a lot of League of Legends.
こんにちは、皆さん! 始めまして!

The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can't always be sure of their authenticity. - Abraham Lincoln

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/FlockOfEagles
GoldenEagle

Postby KNightNinja87 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:07 am

Thinking about Playing some KOTOR or Donky Kong Country to briefly return to my childhood. ;)
~KN~
KNightNinja87

Postby LastLfan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:44 am

Thomas was alone, a great game about friendship and jumping
LastLfan

Postby AnimeSpriter7.4 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:05 pm

GoldenEagle wrote:That, and a lot of League of Legends.

what servers do you play in? i got some riot cards from pax but i already used them on the NA server. If you play in a different server i wouldn't mind giving you the arcade hecarim, artic varus, riot blitz and the riot fist ward.
AnimeSpriter7.4

Previous Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews