What Game Are You Playing Right Now?

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Re: What Game Are You Playing Right Now?

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:10 pm

Davidizer13 wrote:This is a stretch, but have you played Yggdra Union?

I have, but if I hadn't, I'd have been glad for the recommendation. And yeah, the HP system is merciless - it works for me because I like to get the battles perfect, but if you let damage slide early on and consume all your items I could image getting stuck with an impossible game.

And I'd forgotten about Sigma Star Saga. Interesting for what it was, but like you said, not great in execution.

Unrelated, were you one of the people here playing Binding of Isaac? I got into that near the beginning of this year and it consumed a lot of my gaming time for a while. Very well-executed rogue-like.
uc pseudonym

Postby Crossfire » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:08 pm

Trying to replay all of Kid Icarus: Uprising on 8.0 or higher. Not really working out as well as I had hoped.
Crossfire

Postby LastLfan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:39 pm

That was a pretty sweet game, fond memories of my time with that game. Currently I'm playing a pokemon hack so i can't really say which one i think due to forum rules, but its pretty good
LastLfan

Postby Davidizer13 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:04 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Unrelated, were you one of the people here playing Binding of Isaac? I got into that near the beginning of this year and it consumed a lot of my gaming time for a while. Very well-executed rogue-like.

Indeed it is! I haven't played it recently thanks to my computer and Steam not playing nice with each other, but I was all over it when it came out - being a fan of both shmups and the 2D Zelda games, how could I not be?

Another good roguelike I was playing around the same time was Dungeons of Dredmor - it's more of a traditional turn-based roguelike, but with simplified controls, pretty graphics and a very Monkey Island-like sense of humor. It's a touch easier than most others for the sake of accessibility, but the difficulty of the classics always put me off of them after a few tries.
Davidizer13

Postby CinniScrib » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:04 pm

Haven't played a console game in a while but I just played Robot Unicorn on FB, hah

CinniScrib

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:49 am

Davidizer13 wrote:
uc pseudonym wrote:Unrelated, were you one of the people here playing Binding of Isaac? I got into that near the beginning of this year and it consumed a lot of my gaming time for a while. Very well-executed rogue-like.

Indeed it is! I haven't played it recently thanks to my computer and Steam not playing nice with each other, but I was all over it when it came out - being a fan of both shmups and the 2D Zelda games, how could I not be?

Another good roguelike I was playing around the same time was Dungeons of Dredmor - it's more of a traditional turn-based roguelike, but with simplified controls, pretty graphics and a very Monkey Island-like sense of humor. It's a touch easier than most others for the sake of accessibility, but the difficulty of the classics always put me off of them after a few tries.

Dredmor I will have to try. I'm usually fine with turn-based types (I liked Desktop Dungeons, for example), provided that one run through the game is reasonably short.
uc pseudonym

Postby staledogg » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:29 pm

Just completed the DLC Cold Cold Heart for Batman: Arkham Origins. Good edition to the game and as usual, a nice story.
I want to know if I can live with what I know...and only that.
staledogg

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Mon May 12, 2014 9:33 pm

Finished Paper Mario. Loved it! What a cute, fun, surprisingly addictive game. I'm so glad I picked it up.

Since school is out and for a week I have nothing to do but blob around, I've been playing quite a few games. I did a bit of casual gaming with Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed...which is basically exactly like Diddy Kong <_< More seriously, though, I finished Outlast, which I'd started several months ago, and finally worked up the nerve to get to the end. *shudder* That's quite possibly the scariest game I've ever played, and also surprised me at several points because games aren't supposed to do things like that. Ultimately, though, I decided not to play the sequel Whistleblower, because it sounds even more gory than the first Outlast, and that was pretty intense itself.

I am now playing Bioshock Infinite, and loving it. I think the first Bioshock game was better on several levels, but just as with the first game, Infinite's strength is its atmosphere. It definitely gives you the appropriate feeling. Elizabeth is also quite fun and refreshingly capable for someone in her role of the game.
the_wolfs_howl

Postby kerhin » Thu May 15, 2014 12:17 am

finally got battlefield 4, in my opinion much better than call of duty.
kerhin

Postby Mullet Death » Thu May 29, 2014 9:07 pm

Been doing quite a bit of gaming lately, and there's only more to come. Most recently I finished Alan Wake. I love this game, but I'm really glad I'm finished, because earning its 70 achievements was quite a chore. -__- Now I've got to finish up its follow-up, Alan Wake's American Nightmare, which has been kind of disappointing.

On the side, I'm also trying to beat every Tomb Raider game in order (among other games). Tomb Raider 1 definitely shows its age, though finishing it will be interesting. With any control scheme I choose, I frequently run into walls, especially with the game's hit detection being as it is, and every time you hit an object, Lara comes to a complete unnatural stop. Some moments are like those scenes in the Simpsons where Sideshow Bob keeps hitting rakes.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby LastLfan » Fri May 30, 2014 5:55 pm

Finished injustice story mode finally, beat brothers: a tale of two sons, which had me crying and holding onto my brother for dear life, and played some payday 2 and thomas was alone(charming game truly) and over on ios infinity blade 3, a dark room, blek, threes, and plague inc
LastLfan

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri May 30, 2014 8:02 pm

Anyone else played SMT III: Nocturne? Just getting started and enjoying it so far, though I found it kind of tedious to go back and fuse new demons to beat Matador.
uc pseudonym

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat May 31, 2014 7:54 pm

Bioshock Infinite had an awesome, trippy ending. So glad I played it! I still think the first game was better, but that was a very good sequel.

Mullet Death wrote:Been doing quite a bit of gaming lately, and there's only more to come. Most recently I finished Alan Wake. I love this game, but I'm really glad I'm finished, because earning its 70 achievements was quite a chore. -__- Now I've got to finish up its follow-up, Alan Wake's American Nightmare, which has been kind of disappointing.

I also played Alan Wake recently too! What a fun game. The story got so gripping after a while that I didn't want to stop playing! I found it more thrilling than actually horrifying, if you know what I mean - the darkness and trees blowing around in the wind was creepy and all, but I didn't find any of it truly scary. I loved how they made it feel like a TV show, though I think they should've filmed the cutscenes as live-action, because as good as the graphics are...they made Alan look kind of like a dork with his mouth hanging open all the time. One of the highlights of the game was the amount of Poets of the Fall music they used :rock:

Alan Wake's American Nightmare was a nice little game, but yeah - it's nowhere near as interesting, fun, or difficult as the first game. I was kind of disappointed that you actually get some hefty firepower in it, because most of the challenge of the first game was just running around with a pistol and a flare most of the time. But I don't think American Nightmare was a complete waste, because the story ends so much more satisfactorily than the first game did, and I love Mr. Scratch. He's such a delightfully evil villain - and so funny too! I loved watching his messages on the TV set.

I've also recently played an RPG Maker horror game called The Witch's House, which was actually really creepy. Very well made. Then I played the demo for Kraven Manor, a horror game with really interesting dynamics - you have to alter the architecture of the house as you play so you can get farther. It was extra creepy because there was a statue involved that moved when you weren't looking at it :mutter:

I finally got around to trying out Stranger's Wrath, a game I'd been looking forward to for a long time...but I was rather disappointed. There was hardly any story, and what story there was just wasn't anywhere near as gripping as that of the previous Oddworld games. The gameplay wasn't fun enough to make up for that, and because you pretty much have to play it with an XBox controller (even though I was playing the PC version)...that was just a big no. I still don't understand why they made the XBox controller the way they did; I seriously think it would give me carpal tunnel if I played XBox games regularly (something about the positioning of the left control stick, meaning I have to strain my weaker hand). So I gave up on that game. The setting was very original and interesting, but it just wasn't worth it.

Now I'm playing The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, which is very fun. Some of the things they do with the story are rather funny and cute, and it's just nice to see Zelda SPOILER: Highlight text to read: go back to being Tetra again. The temples are very fun, especially with the timed element! It's actually challenging, which is more than I can say for most recent Zelda games. And Linebeck is just loads of fun :lol:
the_wolfs_howl

Postby IPv4 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:59 am

Recently got myself Halo 4 and Dark Souls II (for PC), havent had much time to play them yet though. I also discovered Dark Souls is a japanese game even though it says MADE IN EUROPE on the package -___-
IPv4

Postby Animeniac » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:00 pm

got skyrim legendary recently and Injustice and Arkahm City

Friend me on ps3 Shadow_rocks16
Phillippians 4:8 KJV

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

A lesson without pain is meaningless. For you cannot gain anything without sacrificing something else in return, but once you have overcome it and made it your own...you will gain an irreplaceable fullmetal heart -Hiromu Arakawa

I'm going to fight my hardest....I don't want anyone else to die! -Kirito

"Never break the circle....the circle is what binds us together as one as brothers and sisters...you are my bride...you are beautiful"-Elyon (God) on The Circle series By Ted Dekker

Animeniac

Postby drill » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:57 am

So, I'm reading the VN called Symphonic Rain. This VN makes it a point to end on an incredibly sad note no matter what route you take.

I also started The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky which is pretty good so far, and luckily the second one will be coming out soon too.
drill

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:05 pm

I've started playing The World Ends with You for the second time <3 sd;lgkjsd;lgjsdf;lkjsdg;lkdfsj I love this game so much! :hug: More people need to know about this amazing little game.
the_wolfs_howl

Postby IPv4 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:28 am

"Henry the stickmin" is a really good and super easy online flash game. http://www.stickpage.com/henrystickminseries.shtml Play with sound. Laughs are guaranteed :]
IPv4

Postby drill » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:15 pm

Well... I attempted FE: Awakening Lunatic+ but Lunatic+ is so hacked, I died in minutes. Seems like I'll stick with Lunatic for the time being.
drill

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:50 am

the_wolfs_howl wrote:I've started playing The World Ends with You for the second time <3 sd;lgkjsd;lgjsdf;lkjsdg;lkdfsj I love this game so much! :hug: More people need to know about this amazing little game.

agreed :) It's probably one of my favorite Square games XD. Joshua and Neku's conversations always bring a smile to my face lol.

On another note~ I've been re-playing Okami recently. This game is just so beautiful to look at <3
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby dmdutcher » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:18 pm

I am playing Sweet Fuse, an otome visual novel for the PSP. I also play Dragon Coins, an iOS game, and Gods Eater Burst for the PSP.
dmdutcher

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:49 pm

I finally finished the visual novel Ever17, after something like three years :drool: It's a bit tiresome to go through primarily the same exact material five freakin' times, but if you have the patience for it, this story is amazing. Especially towards the end, just when you think you understand everything that's going on, they keep throwing twist after twist at you, till you feel like you've been turned upside down and shaken vigorously :dizzy: I'm glad I played it!
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Banana Lobster » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:26 pm

Kameo for the XBOX 360 when I can, and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance for the Game Cube when I can't. I've been playing more FE because its been so hot and humid, and my dad always steals the basement TV. :lol: Might do so Ico for the PS2 sometime, not sure yet. (Now, the PS2 is all the way up in the attic, where it gets REALLY hot and humid; hence the uncertainty, haha)
Banana Lobster

Postby Cat96 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:29 pm

My grandma bought me Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team, so I'm playing that for the first time. The story is really impressing me. The content is a little dark for a pokémon game, but at least it makes it more interesting.

I'm also replaying Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. I love building the Paradise. I finally befriended a Zoura so I want to train him/her in companion mode.
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby Ryosuke » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:39 pm

The World Ends With You-DS
Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning- Xbox-360
~*~Blessedly married to Okami!~*~
Ryosuke

Postby argilium » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:05 pm

i play Under Night In-birth with my friends on the PS3..

as for single player stuff, i'm replaying Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia on the DS, Fortune Summoners on PC, and i'm playing Radiant Historia on the DS.. but i play them all on PC.. sorry for being poverty and emulators..
argilium

Postby KazeShiki » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:36 am

drill wrote:I also started The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky which is pretty good so far, and luckily the second one will be coming out soon too.

Picked this up since it finally got a PC release. I really like how the exp system works so you never need to worry about levels. I highly doubt SC will be released as planned though.
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby Masaru » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:20 pm

I've been playing and just finished the main game of Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D today.. probably going to 100% it (or get close) too.
Also Shovel Knight on the Wii U which has been pretty fantastic so far.
Masaru

Postby Furen » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:48 pm

I've taken on way too many games at a time, but currently:
FF7
FE6
and Marvel UA2

Are my current objectives.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby MomentOfInertia » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:09 am

I've been fiddling with Sword of the Stars and Robocraft.

Sword of the Stars is a scifi 4X game. Fun so far, I may comment more once I've gotten the hang of it.

Robocraft is an online multiplayer shooter with a scifi theme. Team deathmatch only at the moment. Gameplay is kind of like light World of Tanks but you design your vehicles through a system reminiscent of Banjo Kazooie(s?) Nuts & Bolts.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Previous Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews