Welcome to the CAA Servant Alliance

The Servant Alliance is a self-organizing group who share a common goal - serving the board's spiritual needs through prayer, helping in the CGQ&A forum and the Devotional Readings area, and other areas of support that the group decides on.

Welcome to the CAA Servant Alliance

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:16 pm

NOTE: This forum apparently did not survive the move so we're re-creating it today. Sorry!

Hi everyone,

We're excited to announce today the creation of a new addition to the site - the CAA Servant Alliance! The Servant Alliance is a self-organizing group who share a common goal - serving the board's spiritual needs through prayer, helping in the CGQ&A forum, and the Devotional Readings area, and other areas of support that the group decides on.

To be perfectly honest, I'm kind of ashamed that the Spiritual Growth forum has not received the respect it deserves. Since the number and mods required to provide the level of spiritual support needed, we're asking those of you who feel the Spirit's prompting to consider helping out and volunteering in this way.

So how is this going to work? For starters, the group is self-organizing. By self-organizing, we mean that the mods are not going to run this thing. It's up to the volunteers to decide what they want to do and how they want to contribute. It's up to the group to decide how they want to run things and what they want to accomplish, but to help kick-start things we're offering the following three areas where we have identified a need, and we believe people may want to help out. We're not expecting everyone will serve in every area, so if something below isn't interesting to you, please don't shy away from another area that looks more interesting!

1) Prayer Support. In the past, we had a group that called themselves the Prayer Warriors who were a tremendous asset. We're hoping to see volunteers who will help support each other in prayer. Obviously the requests in the Prayer Requests forum are a great place to start, but we certainly wouldn't say no to additional prayer support for the board as a whole, for effective outreach, strength for the moderators, etc! Perhaps the group will want to work asynchronously, or find a way to pray as a community through chat or Skype, etc. However you guys want to run things is fine with us.

2) Assistance in the Christian Growth Questions and Answers forum. While we certainly don't expect this group to be the end-all repository of answers to all questions, we're hoping that some members of this group would be willing to be active in this forum and help out by providing prayerful encouragement to people.

3) Devotional Readings. At one time, Rev Doc provided some absolutely amazing daily devotional readings to the members of the board. God had other work he needed done, however, and Rev Doc stepped down from this roll. We've been waiting for someone to step up and fill this role, but the enormity of this task has discouraged people from filling this role. As such, we're changing the name of the "Daily Devotionals" forum to "Devotional Readings." We're hoping the Servant Alliance will be able to divide up the work of preparing devotional readings to help spread out the work load and provide devotionals on a semi-regular basis - even if it's not every day. Maybe you'll want to start out with devotionals every week or two and move on from there? It's our hope that a group serving in this way can help maintain an acceptable level of quality and punctuality.

So that's a quick run-down on how we got here. We've created this forum to allow members to work together and volunteer to help in certain areas, share and discuss your own ideas for ways to provide support, etc. If the members of the CAASA group wanted to come up with a way to designate they are members (perhaps using the user preferences "location" field, a graphical overlay on the avatars, a signature graphic or slogan, etc), this is a great place to start that discussion as well.

We thank you in advance for contributing to all the good we know God will accomplish through the willingness of our awesome board members to help server their brothers and sisters in Christ!

Mithrandir and the Moderator staff of CAA
Mithrandir

Re: Welcome to the CAA Servant Alliance

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:41 am

Is anyone still interested in this idea? It was suggested like, a year ago, wasn't it? I'd like to see this project go somewhere, as I think it would be a huge blessing to everyone involved. I know I'm particularly excited about the Prayer Support.
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Sheenar » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:42 pm

I'm also wondering the same thing. I would like to see this get off the ground. Is something still in the works?
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:32 am

Any updates on this?
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:11 pm

Ditto. I'm not sure who would be heading it, so I'm waiting for whatever. Though since the mods aren't running it, I guess that means those of us who are interested would have to have some initiative and get the ball rolling. Hopefully enough people are interested.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby shooraijin » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:39 pm

Obviously Mith would have the final say, but let me give some reasonable guidance: the name of the game is self-organization. Sheenar and Claec, since you both have shown interest, lay out how you think you can fill the three areas Mith identified. I think once that is done, you'll not only have others interested, but you'll have a clear plan.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:17 pm

:thumb:

Shooby has shown much wisdom in this.
Mithrandir

Postby Sheenar » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:30 am

I have tried as best I can --I pray for others in the Prayer Room and try to encourage others when I can.

The hard part is not being able to consistently be active due to illness, life, etc. But this community has been a much-loved part of my life for almost 10 years now --so I want to do what I can to help build a sense of community here.

Sheenar

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:21 pm

We really do appreciate your encouragement and participation in the prayer room. Life often happens in fits and starts, but occasionally we get enough consistency to fall into a routine.
Mithrandir

Postby 1stMister » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:02 pm

i do not know if anyone is still heading this up but i'll volunteer for any and all roles needed.
"In life there are many roads to choose from. many steps to be taken. many directions to go. but once a road is chosen, steps taken, or a direction confirmed, it is most often that it cannot be undone. Take a care in your Journey's Course" - Anonymous
1stMister

Return to CAA Servant Alliance