I woke up and heard the birds singing and wondered does anyone else ever think this

The purpose of the forum is to allow people to post spiritual questions for which they would like answers from their fellow board members.

I woke up and heard the birds singing and wondered does anyone else ever think this

Postby Never thirsty! » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:38 pm

So what I thought when I woke this Easter morning was this: What if the birds are saying “Hallelujah! Praise to the Risen King!" and if on normal days they're saying “Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty who was and is and is to come. Glory to God Hallelujah Amen! If I was a bird I would be! Has anyone ever thought that or something similar?
Never thirsty!

Re: I woke up and heard the birds singing and wondered does anyone else ever think this

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:15 pm

Yeah, I've thought about that a lot. And I think you could even find scripture for it. I mean, look at:

Psalm 19:1-2 - The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.

Psalm 148 - [1] Praise ye the LORD. Praise ye the LORD from the heavens: praise him in the heights.
[2] Praise ye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts.
[3] Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light.
[4] Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens.
[5] Let them praise the name of the LORD: for he commanded, and they were created.
[6] He hath also stablished them for ever and ever: he hath made a decree which shall not pass.
[7] Praise the LORD from the earth, ye dragons, and all deeps:
[8] Fire, and hail; snow, and vapour; stormy wind fulfilling his word:
[9] Mountains, and all hills; fruitful trees, and all cedars:
[10] Beasts, and all cattle; creeping things, and flying fowl:
[11] Kings of the earth, and all people; princes, and all judges of the earth:
[12] Both young men, and maidens; old men, and children:
[13] Let them praise the name of the LORD: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven.
[14] He also exalteth the horn of his people, the praise of all his saints; even of the children of Israel, a people near unto him. Praise ye the LORD.

Psalm 150:6 - Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

Revelation 5:13 - And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Luke 19:40 - And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

Isaiah 55:12 - For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

And I mean, if the rocks will sing out because mankind won't, I don't think it's too far-fetched to assume that the birds sing, too. I get the feeling that no matter how corrupted mankind is, nature will still turn to the Creator Who formed it. At least, that's what I'd like to think. And even if I can't find any proof for it, it's still a neat thought when I hear the birds singing outside my window, to think that maybe they're singing praises to God. He definitely deserves it!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Re: I woke up and heard the birds singing and wondered does anyone else ever think this

Postby drill » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:13 pm

Actually, I've never really thought about that before... While it is possible, I still wish they wouldn't chirp until after I get up in the morning o_o
drill

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:38 pm

I Saw Two Birds
by Hafiz
as translated by Daniel Ladinsky

Both of our mouths
Can fit upon this flute I carry.

My music will sound
So much sweeter that way.

With your breath and my breath
Poking each other in the ribs
And kissing.

I saw two birds on a limb this morning
Laughing with the sun.
They reminded me of how
We will one day exist.

My dear,
Keep thinking about God,
Keep thinking about the Beloved
And soon our nest will be the
Whole firmament.

Forget about all your desires for truth,
We have gone far beyond that,
For now it is just -
Pure need.

Both our hearts are meant to sing.
Both our souls are destined to touch
And kiss.

Upon this holy flute
God carries.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby radical edward » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:31 am

I am definitely posting that on Facebook, Smartypants.
FKA rocklobster
radical edward

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:00 am

This may sound silly, but when I get to experience nature and the sounds and actions of God's other creations, I feel as if I am in congregation with them; the birds sing their woodland hymnals and the crickets and bullfrogs in the evening serenade the night and thank Him for another day. Again, that sounds odd perhaps, but ultimately I think it is nice for us as people to have a broadened perspective of how things work in regards to how worship can be done….even by the critters.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Anirac » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:17 am

Phantom_Sorano wrote:This may sound silly, but when I get to experience nature and the sounds and actions of God's other creations, I feel as if I am in congregation with them; the birds sing their woodland hymnals and the crickets and bullfrogs in the evening serenade the night and thank Him for another day. Again, that sounds odd perhaps, but ultimately I think it is nice for us as people to have a broadened perspective of how things work in regards to how worship can be done….even by the critters.

Before I gave my life to Christ, I would see sunsets, sunrises, and their colours and stand in awe, but deep inside feel there was something missing. After I gave my life to Christ, all those things made sense.
Anirac

Postby Nate » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:57 pm

Ravens and crows have been shown to be purposely deceptive as well as play games and do things like use tools so I feel like if any creature was picked by Gods to be equal to (or perhaps surpass) us it's definitely birds.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Return to Christian Growth Q&A