How to make anime art Christian?

The purpose of the forum is to allow people to post spiritual questions for which they would like answers from their fellow board members.

How to make anime art Christian?

Postby givemerice » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:12 pm

I'm planning on painting and selling my art at an anime convention in a year so I need to prepare artwork. The problem is that I don't know how to apply God into my paintings without offending anyone who wants to buy the art. I thought of adding scripture, but that could easily blow someone off. I just need some guidance and ideas of what I can do because I don't want to do something without it glorifying God.
givemerice

Re: How to make anime art Christian?

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:43 pm

You can glorify God by still being kind of secular. Express the virtues of humanity: goodness, kindness, patience, humility, love, self-sacrifice. Those aren't exclusively Christian traits but they're very much a part of Christian spirituality.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby K. Ayato » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:50 pm

Keep it clean.
K. Ayato

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:02 am

What sort of art do you plan on selling? Original paintings? Fanart? The answers will be very different, though starting with dealing with your customers in grace truth love and good faith is always a good place. Also glorifying God may not come through in the piece. People do work (art or otherwise) all the time that isn't 'glorifying god' in some concrete, visible way, but may allow them to express fruit of the spirit or other aspects of the christian life without waving the cross in the faces of everyone they meet at their workplace.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Nate » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:21 pm

I think a big mistake that some Christians make is assuming that for the things we do to glorify God, they must mention God or be about God specifically. I think that's bogus. What if your talent is designing clothes? Do you sew bible verses onto the clothes? No, you just do the best job you can and make the best clothes you can with your talent. The fact that the clothes do not invoke God does not make them somehow inferior to a painting someone did of the crucifixion. Using our talents as best we can, that's a way to praise God, even if God isn't mentioned in what you produce.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Return to Christian Growth Q&A