[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Help - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Help

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Help

Postby Lynna » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:49 pm

I have been accused of stealing. They say they have it on video. I am so terrified. I know I didn't do it--unless I have DID or something, and I am messed up, but I didn't think I would be able to live for so long with a mental health therapist without him noticing--But I don't really have much faith in the Canadian justice system. And yes, since I have refused to confess to it, they are going to the police. Please pray for me. I am such a wreck. Please.

[Edit] To clarify, "They" are my landlords, and the victim is a roommate
Last edited by Lynna on Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lynna

Re: Help

Postby Mullet Death » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:14 pm

Will do. Perhaps they have you confused with someone who looks just like you? Either way that's weird. :(

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby drill » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:15 pm

Praying, Lynna!
drill

Postby Lynna » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:57 pm

Thanks guys. I've talked to people about it, and I feel better. Apparently the police don't usually deal with thefts under $1000 dollars, especially among people living together, so I probably won't have to deal with getting arrested? But it is still a problem, obviously. Please pray that the real theif will come forward, that would basically solve a lot.
Lynna

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:11 pm

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry! That's awful... I'll be praying
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:30 am

Praying, Lynna. That's rough.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Lynna » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:58 am

Thanks so much, everyone :) it means a lot.
The basic situation is that my roommate had some money stolen from her, and I was the only person in our part of the house in the time-frame that it went missing. Everyone else was upstairs for my landlady's bday party, and I went downstairs early because I was too drained to be sociable and had work the next day. No one else that I know of was around. There's nothing I can do to prove that I didn't do it, I have no alibi, and the circumstances make me look so guilty, if I wasn't me I'd probably think I had done it.

But they can't prove I did it, because I know I didn't. The video, if there is one, and I doubt it more every day, is probably inconclusive, because they refuse to show it to me. My roommate says she saw it, but in the entire time she confronted me she never once said "I saw it was you, so it has to be." So they have nothing to bring to the police, and it wasn't enough money for them to bother about it anyways, which is why they pressured me so hard to confess. So, because I won't do that, they are going to end my tenancy here.

Honestly, even if my innocence was proven, I wouldn't stay. I find no fault in my roommate's actions, as she's kind of desperate and feels that her trust has been broken. Which hurts, because she'll probably feel that way about me for the rest of her life. But I've had a few issues with my landlords' behavior before, but this one crosses the line. The question they were asking themselves was clearly not "Is she guilty?" It was "How do we make her confess?" And I'm not sure how I would explain to them how wrong that is, but it is. In retrospect, they were quite manipulative when they confronted me, and I'm not going to stay with people like that.

tl;dr: The situation isn't much better, I'm going to have to find a new home by the end of September. Please pray that I will find one, hopefully with better people, and hopefully not too far from my work (which is going great :) )
Thanks!
Lynna

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:12 am

Sorry to hear things didn't work out, Lynna. I'll be praying you find a fantastic place to stay. God can easily turn this around to be far better for you, and maybe that's what He was doing from the beginning. Praying everything goes smoothly.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Furen » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:09 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote: God can easily turn this around to be far better for you, and maybe that's what He was doing from the beginning.

I agree, God does seem to have a way of turning things around in ways you'd never expect.

Either way, I'll pray for a positive outcome for this :)
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Lynna » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:45 pm

Thank you ^_^
Wow, so much has happened.

Yesterday, my landlords, after being so certain it was me, invited me to stay, which basically proves that they were lying about having evidence against me. My landlady talked to me, but not to apologize for their actions, oh no. Instead she expressed concern for how my roommate-- the one who had been stolen from-- was treating me. As if her actions were worse than theirs. As if she was the only one who had blamed me. As if they hadn't tried to scare me by threatening to go to the police. She even had the audacity to criticize her for refusing to even slightly suspect anyone else, as if they would never have done such a thing! I tried to hint that they were the ones I was mad at, but she ignored it and continued to pretend that they had never hurt me and that if my roommate just grew up then I would forget how they had made me suffer to wring a confession that I couldn't give out of me. If she had apologized sincerely for attacking me, I might have reconsidered, but she only apologized for the general situation, as if they had no part in it, and promised to try to salvage the situation, unaware that she had just pushed it under.
I am sorry that I'm going to lose my roommates, who I still love, but I think it would be unwise to stay with people who are so willing to deal with things by lying and being passive aggressive and then blaming a victim when things don't work out in their favour.
I think they never planned on having me leave, they just thought I would cave if they threw me out, and when I didn't, they switched sides in an attempt to gain my favour, so as not to lose my money, realising that maybe it wasn't me after all. It's too bad for them that they ruined it for themselves, because I'm out of here.

Sorry for the rant. @_@ I just can't believe they think I'll fall for such tactics. I always thought manipulative people were supposed to be smart. Apparently it's not a very strict requirement. This has caused the situation to become one more of amusement than anxiety.

A lady I admire has connected me with a couple from her church who have a spare room. They are nice and easy-going, and they haven't even thought much about the rent, which tells me that they won't treat this like a business venture to manipulate. Since I'll actually be using much of the same space as them, unfortunately, I'll probably always feel like I'm a border encroaching on their territory. They are also very active in their church. I haven't decided for certain yet, though. I don't want to rush into this.

I definitely think God has been working in this. I learned a lot from this, and it prompted to confront some unrelated emotional baggage. This entire year has been like one big lesson on trusting God, and this is probably just a part of that. Even though I was scared witless, I knew God would get me through it, and he has.

Thanks again. A lot of people have been praying for me and supporting me, and I'm very grateful. :hug:
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Furen » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:57 am

Hey, that sounds like a pretty positive outcome over all to me, prayer answered!

I will make sure to continue praying for your arrangements to work out well, anything else you'd want specifically prayed for?
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Lynna » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:35 pm

So, I suppose I should update this? I don't like dragging things out, but stuff has changed.
I am going to live with the people with the room I mentioned on Friday. I didn't want to stay so long, but I had to give my one months notice or they would take my damage deposit. During that time, the roommate who accused me apologized, and I forgave her and we became friends again. Meanwhile, more stupid drama stuff happened involving my landlords, and now two other people have left, and the roommate who accused me is leaving too. They have just lost more and more of my respect, and I just want to get out of here. I am afraid, though, that they might cause more drama before the week is up, or might try to cheat me out of my damage deposit. Please pray that this will not happen, and that the move will go smoothly, thanks!
(And sorry I never replied to your post, Ren ;_;)
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Return to Prayer Room