Job hunt back on

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Job hunt back on

Postby Psycho Molos » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:23 pm

Tonight I tuned in applications to Papa Murphy's and Firehouse Subs.

Cross your fingers and toes!
Psycho Molos

Re: Job hunt back on

Postby Lynna » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:35 pm

I'll be praying :)
Lynna

Postby Psycho Molos » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:38 pm

Thanks you're a sweetheart
Psycho Molos

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:56 pm

Praying, Psycho.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Psycho Molos » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:45 am

Thanks Claec :)
Psycho Molos

Postby MomentOfInertia » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:04 pm

Good luck. :thumb:
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:16 pm

Did they tell you when you might hear back? We're praying for you!
Mithrandir

Postby Psycho Molos » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:35 pm

No they haven't. With my luck...no must stay positive
Psycho Molos

Postby Sheenar » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:56 am

Good luck! Praying you find a job soon!

Have you tried your local Workforce office (every state should have something like that --in TX, ours is called Workforce Solutions) --they can help you find jobs that match you and help you with interviewing, resumes, etc.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Psycho Molos » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:00 pm

Sheenar: I haven't tried them yet but think I've heard of those programs.

I did check back with Papa Murphy's and they said they don't need a "shaker boarder" (doughperson?)and they've already done some hiring but there's one position left and I should come back for a definite answer. I did tell the guy that I could learn the ropes of any position they could find for me.

I'm scared of getting let down again b/c I've applied at Hideaway Pizza, which seemed more likely for me since it's a dine in (Papa Murphy's is take out and bake at home) and I could've done everything I did at Mazzio's there, but they didn't take me! I was like "what the malf??" My sister is playing wet noodle saying "what makes them insane if they don't hire you? All you've done is prep and dishes and that place isn't done in..." Etc

My deal is that if everyone only hires for a specific skill set then explain to me Hideaway and then answer where do u think I should go then?? Chili's and places like that seem way too busy for me and I'm afraid I'd snap easy. Besides how will I know something new if nobody gives me a chance?
Psycho Molos

Postby Psycho Molos » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:46 am

Update: they told me they're pretty full right now (no surprise -_-) but give them two days and I'll get a call back and I might be a shaker boarder. I asked what that is and was told they stand at the curb holding adverts and shake them around to get attention.

Something tells me that....

And Walmart? That's two miles away I think 40 min on foot. Ain't walking that far when it's rainy or crappy (bus service in BA sucks and there's no sidewalks part of the way. Not riding my bike through that mess).

Though there's my neighbor. I'll wait until he applies to Walmart and then I will so he can drive me there if we both get it.
Psycho Molos

Postby Psycho Molos » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:56 pm

Update

Doesn't appear they would call me back. Checked back with them tonight and got the filled everything response. Sigh. I bent over backwards with saying "I literally live next door and could learn to do anything but do they hire me? No

Are they malfing crazy? I mean seriously who would I have to kill? 50 million normies?(a reference to my NaNoWriMo entry where I'm killing off more characters than GRRM). Would I need to do a black mass or something? I mean heck if I can't get hired by hideaway where they do have dine in and not by Firehouse and Papa Murphy's where my experience doesn't match exactly then who would hire me?

Times like this I wish I didn't leave an online "note" and just went ahead last year and drink myself dead.

I did go across the street though and more or less applied at this Thai restaurant by just leaving my name and number. I think they said they might need help however I wouldn't hold my breath.
Psycho Molos

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:22 pm

I'm praying for you, Molos. Hang in there.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby Sheenar » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:13 am

Praying, Molos. Hang in there.

You are valuable and you are loved --your life means more than a job. Please cling to life and hope.

I'm praying you find a job soon!
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Psycho Molos » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:06 pm

I got an email and call from Target last Sunday. They're asking about nights and weekends and I have the week to think about it. I emailed back asking if "weekends" meant weekend evenings or days. No response yet
Psycho Molos

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:45 pm

Praying for you. I hope it works out for you.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Psycho Molos » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:53 pm

So close…

I called back the HR lady today and asked about the weekend hours. I was given choice of Sat or Sun so I went ahead and took it but when she checked, the position had already been filled.
Psycho Molos

Postby anlptgtsg » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:53 pm

I think I can say I feel your pain. I hope that you will get a job in your next interview. Be optimistic :). I'll pray you'll get a job.
anlptgtsg

Postby mdmrn » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:20 am

I know the struggle of looking for a job. My wife lost hers 3 years ago at this point. First, we searched for a new job for her and then, when she finally came to the realization she wanted to be a Stay-At-Home Mom, the job search for myself was on. I am at a place now where I've been for 1.5 yrs where I can provide for my wife and children on only my salary. It's a blessing, but it came after a financial struggle.

May the Lord Jesus Christ provide for you, providing His patience, comfort, wisdom, and strength as you search for a new job. May you feel His presence through the Spirit with you as you process forward.
MDMRN
Christian -- Dad -- Husband -- Engineer -- Conservative -- Beard Aficionado -- General Dork
mdmrn

Postby Psycho Molos » Sun May 17, 2015 6:53 pm

Currently applied at chick fil a a few weeks ago. Still being told they're going through a stack of applications, don't know how long they'd be going through them, and that they'd contact me.

I think it seems like I'm hitting all the places that do nothing else than put me off with the same line repeatedly.

Oh and my aunt took me to start the process of getting help from Dept of Rehab Services. Testing is on June 10
Psycho Molos

Postby Sheenar » Mon May 18, 2015 12:36 am

I pray everything goes well!

Vocational Rehab is who helped me find my current job. I hope they are able to help! :)

Sheenar

Postby Psycho Molos » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:45 pm

Had another meeting at DRS and they arraigned a meeting with the right people at Gatesway (in an office downtown not at the main Gatesway complex where mom and I wrongly went to years ago looking for a job coach) so my aunt and I went there and filled out paperwork and was told how things would work. Then the week after, I was assigned a job coach who called me and I met her at Mazzio's to see if there's a chance I could be hired back. There's a new manager there but I worked with him before and he said that if there's no chance of rehire he could be a reference. Right now it could go either way but then the people involved in my termination aren't working there anymore.
Psycho Molos

Postby Sheenar » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:00 am

I really hope and pray that it works out!

Sheenar

Postby Psycho Molos » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:16 pm

'my job coach called the other day and told me Mazzio's said I'm ineligible rehire. Feel down about it since I was hoping that wasn't the case so I would have the same hours again. Now I'm worrying if I will have another job and if so what hours work I'll have. I just wanna go back to the gym and also have hope of finding someone to be with…maybe I ought to give up early and be bitter
Psycho Molos

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:45 am

Do you have any updates? Sorry we've been bad about responding, and I hope you find a good job if you haven't yet.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Psycho Molos » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:25 am

Yea there was a meeting with my job coach and DRS person with them wanting to know from me what got me terminated from Mazzio's and they told my aunt and me that I would need councilling before they could help me further. Soon after however I got an interview call from Little Caesar's and just got back from them. I don't know what to think about how it went. I'm half hoping I bombed it since it's slightly more than 2 miles away, I think (it's close to the Walmart) and I don't really want to go that far to work and especially to have to trust the crappy bus service when there's bad weather (it was the job coach's idea to apply at Little Caesar's).

So either way it's not that great. If I do get on at Little Caesar's I'm tempted to continue to look for something closer even though the job coach doubts I could find anything closer. Can't submit any more applications however until I go through the counciling
Psycho Molos

Postby Zeldafan2 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:16 pm

That sounds rough. 'Praying things go well.
Zeldafan2

Postby Psycho Molos » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:16 pm

Councilling is going ok and got the ok to continue the hunt. Little Caesars didn't call back. Applied at Schlotsky's but they didn't hire me either
Psycho Molos

Postby Psycho Molos » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:08 pm

Applied at Taco Bell...they called back for one interview but hadn't followed up on that.

Happy belated Zamenhof Day
Psycho Molos

Postby Sheenar » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:20 am

Praying that you find work soon!

Sheenar

Next

Return to Prayer Room