Looking for a Job (Again)

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Looking for a Job (Again)

Postby Lynna » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:18 am

Hello again. So, I recently moved to another city, and this time I'm living in a shared basement with some students. The rent is pretty good, but I need to get a job soon (preferably before the end of the month/week) or my landlady is going to have to tell me to find another place by October. I don't want to find another place, and the truth is there won't be many places I can afford left at this point. I have been handing out resumes and such, but I can't help but worry a bit. Please pray that I'll get a job soon.

Also, on a side note, a guy who's living in one of the other rooms was flirting with me yesterday. I think he may have misinterpreted some of my actions, as I've just been trying to be nice He's only staying for a week, but I am hoping to avoid any awkwardness until then, because I am pretty terrible with stuff like this and I get all flustered and say things that probably make it worse.

Thank you for your prayers, they mean a lot!
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Re: Looking for a Job (Again)

Postby drill » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:42 am

Praying, Lynna!
drill

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:59 am

I'm praying for you, Lynna! Keep us updated.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Lynna » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:44 pm

Thanks so much! I handed out more resumes today and now have interviews scheduled for Thursday and Sunday :) I will indeed keep you posted.
Lynna

Postby MomentOfInertia » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:58 pm

Yay, interviews!

Good luck. :thumb:
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Nate » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:41 pm

I know that feel, I will pray.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Crossfire » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:07 pm

If you live in the city I'm thinking of, my sincerest condolences. I'm in the same position myself, job-wise, so I'll definitely send a prayer your way (and to anyone trying to find work, really).
Crossfire

Postby SilverToast » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:49 pm

Praying.
I'm also trying to find a job.

I hope you don't get bothered by that guy.
SilverToast

Postby Lynna » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:08 pm

Thank you everyone for your support! It really means a lot :) Especially since I know many of you are looking for jobs yourselves.
The interview on Thursday went pretty well (it was at McDonald's) and they arranged for me to have another interview at 4 today, so I'm guessing I almost have it. If I don't, an old friend said the nursing home she works at needs housekeepers, so I might look into that, and my landlady knows some restaurant owners and is willing to put ina good word for me, but I am just hoping that this interview will work-- it would make everything so much simpler. Thanks again!
Nate wrote:I know that feel, I will pray.

Thanks ^_^
Crossfire wrote:If you live in the city I'm thinking of, my sincerest condolences. I'm in the same position myself, job-wise, so I'll definitely send a prayer your way (and to anyone trying to find work, really).

Not sure if you'd be right, it isn't a very big city.
Ace33Wing wrote:Praying.
I'm also trying to find a job.

I hope you don't get bothered by that guy.

I hope that goes well for you too, then!
Welp, he seemed to take the hint, and now he's gone, so it's all good.
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
Lynna

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:03 pm

That's a rough spot to be in, but it's awesome you have leads and a 2nd interview. You will be in our prayers.
Mithrandir

Postby Sheenar » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:02 am

Praying you find a job soon! Hang in there!
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:47 am

Still praying, Lynna.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:12 am

Praying Lynna. Good luck!
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Lynna » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:20 pm

Thanks so much for your prayers, guys ;_; I am happy to say that I got the job! :D I am so relieved--The people who interviewed me seemed pretty nice, and their training program seems to be really thorough and efficient, which was something my last job was severely lacking in. This is at McDonald's, by the way. I am going to be trained this Tuesday, so I am just hoping that everything will go well from here :) Once again, thank you. This is such a relief.
On another note, I will be starting an online university course soon, so if you could pray that that goes well, I would be really grateful, too.
Lynna

Postby Psycho Molos » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:10 pm

So happy for you Lynna. :)
Psycho Molos

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:00 pm

That's awesome; yay God! We'll continue to keep you in our prayers.
Mithrandir

Postby Sheenar » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:32 pm

Congratulations! :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Return to Prayer Room