Feeling a little lost.

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Feeling a little lost.

Postby christianfriend » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:27 pm

Hey folks, been a member here for a long time, although I'm more of a phantom these days, heh. I am usually am not one to ask for prayer, and not that I think there's anything wrong with it, It's just not my thing. Although, lately I do feel like I might need a little boost spiritually. I don't attend Church anymore simply because life is far too busy being a young Mom who works and is very independent. I pretty much only ever see my Mom and maybe some of my siblings here and there, otherwise I don't get any human interaction these days, with adults anyway. I don't have any friends anymore, and even if I did want to see them they are busy, and so am I, so there goes that. I just simply feel lonely and honestly pretty down. I have made many mistakes in the past, and regret them very much so and wish I could change them. I just wish I could shake this depressed and lonely feeling that looms over me all the time like a dark cloud go away. I am naturally a cheery happy person, but for the past year I just don't feel it anymore, and I just don't know who I am as a person anymore honestly..like my personality has been sucked out or something..and I don't have anyone in my life to really help me through this kind of thing.

Anyway...enough of the sob story. Just some quick prayers would be appreciated! I know almost everyone gets to this kind of place in their life, and it will eventually work itself out, but a little help and encouragement is always nice. :]

Thanks,
C-friend
christianfriend

Re: Feeling a little lost.

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:05 pm

I'll definitely pray for you. I can't say I can totally relate to your situation cause I'm a dude who lives with his parents and doesn't have kids, but for some reason after reading your post I felt I needed to say something and offer words of encouragement; because a few years back I was in a place where I felt pretty depressed/lonely.

I don't really feel qualified to give you advice, but I can say that in the short time I've been a member of CAA, I can tell there are plenty of people here who sincerely care about each other, and you can always come here if you're feeling lost, or just need someone to talk to.

Have you talked to your mom or your siblings about this? If not I would definitely talk to them about it, assuming they're encouraging people to be around, if not, maybe avoid those topics with them. I would also say find someone here, or facebook, or some other website who you're somewhat close with to talk to regularly through messaging/Skype/whatever. Not having interaction with other people is not healthy for your mental state.

Again, I'll pray for you, and I encourage you to pray for yourself.

I know sometimes when I'm feeling depressed or just lost, there are reasons to be happy right in front of me, and I don't even realize it. I hope you find it :)
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby shooraijin » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:55 am

life is far too busy being a young Mom who works and is very independent.

Although I am obviously not a young mom, I can definitely understand your viewpoint. I can certainly appreciate how much caring for children can consume your daily hours, too.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:30 am

Oh, how did I miss this? I'll be praying for you, christianfriend. And I know we don't exactly know each other, but if you need somebody to talk to/vent at, I'm more than willing to listen. Though I don't claim to able to relate to everything you're going through, I definitely know what it's like to turn from a happy cheery person into something that's...not. And I know how discouraging that is.
I'll be praying that God fills your life with a joy that this old world can't.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Return to Prayer Room