My friend's dad

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

My friend's dad

Postby Sheenar » Tue May 27, 2014 1:12 am

Different friend from the previous prayer thread. This one is about my best friend of almost 10 years.

Her step-dad was in ICU and started to not do well at all today --so my friend and her husband rushed off to travel hours away to be with him and their family. They got there around 10:30 last night.

He passed away around 1:30 this morning.

Please pray for my friend, her husband, and their whole family.

I don't know how to respond. When she texted me the news, all I could respond with was "I'm so sorry, dear friend." That seems so empty. Not sure if it was quite right. But I'm at a loss for words. My heart is breaking for her.

I really would like to hop on the next Greyhound to go be with her. But I really can't travel without some sort of assistance.

I know prayer is powerful --it's just that I really wish I could do more than pray right now.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Re: My friend's dad

Postby drill » Tue May 27, 2014 6:07 am

Praying, Sheenar.
drill

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Tue May 27, 2014 12:47 pm

I'm praying!
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby Sheenar » Wed May 28, 2014 11:00 am

What's really hard is that her mom's brother just died a couple of days before and his funeral was the day before her step-dad died.

Please be in prayer for her mom. So much loss in a very short time.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:21 am

My best friend and her husband are going to be moving to Austin in a few months to be closer to her mom. Her mom doesn't have any family left in Austin and they don't want her to be alone. I think it is good that they will be moving to be closer to her. Please pray for the transition for them. My best friend is a certified sign language interpreter --so she should be able to find terp work in Austin with the huge Deaf community there --and her husband has a possible lead on a job.

She and I were talking --and had been talking a while back about both of us relocating to Austin eventually --her stepfather's death brought this to a decision much sooner than planned. We talked last night about this --she told me they were moving much sooner than planned --and encouraged me to go ahead and get on the wait list for an apartment there.

Austin is a much more disability-friendly city and has a better transportation system than the Houston area does. I contacted the corporation that owns the apartment complex I live in to ask about moving to their property in Austin (left voicemail). Waiting to hear back.

Please pray. If this goes through, this will be the farthest I have ever lived from where I grew up (I have lived within an hour's drive of the town I was born in my entire life). But I think it would be a good move.

Sheenar

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:37 am

Praying <3
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:42 am

Praying!
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Sheenar » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:05 am

Thank you for your prayers.

My friend and her husband have found a townhome to rent and are hoping to settle down there for a good while. They are moving in just a few weeks.

I am now on the wait list for the apartment in Austin (subsidized housing, so there is a wait). I expect to wait for about a year (I waited for a year and a half for my current apartment). It will be hard to be so far away from my friend, but I am glad she will be close to her mom.

Sheenar

Return to Prayer Room