Mom's chemo & personal stuff

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Mom's chemo & personal stuff

Postby Adie » Sat May 17, 2014 2:56 am

So, my mom is currently undergoing chemotherapy - for a second time - for Hodgkin's Lymphoma. She had a doctor's appointment yesterday and her white blood cell count is pretty low. Prayer for that would be appreciated. I really hate seeing her so weak/unable to do the things she wants to. She's taking everything in stride, but - even though this might seem like a "small" problem in the scheme of things - I can tell she's really discouraged at losing all of her hair again. Today she sent me to the store to buy hair clippers, and just... yeah. Prayer for her, as well as me and my dad since we're now in charge of all the housekeeping chores she used to do, would be appreciated.

Also, I'm just going through a lot of personal stuff at the moment. Things like figuring out who I am, where exactly God wants me to go in life, why I'm struggling with internal issues I thought had been resolved, etc. etc. I'm just on the verge of feeling very confused about everything and it's not a fun feeling.

Thank you. ♥
Adie

Re: Mom's chemo & personal stuff

Postby Sheenar » Sat May 17, 2014 12:52 pm

Praying, Adie. That is really rough. I have had a couple of dear ones in my life go through cancer treatment. Definitely very hard. Praying for strength and comfort for all of you. Take it one day at a time. *hugs*
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Sat May 17, 2014 1:35 pm

I'll be praying!!
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby shooraijin » Sat May 17, 2014 7:46 pm

Hodgkin's lymphoma is bad the first time, and worse the second. I hope they can get it to stay in remission this time. :(
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby anlptgtsg » Sun May 18, 2014 5:45 am

Praying for you and your family.
anlptgtsg

Postby Adie » Sun May 18, 2014 9:46 am

Thank you all. :)
Adie

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sun May 18, 2014 10:49 am

Praying <3