Народ України... Concerning the people of Ukraine

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Народ України... Concerning the people of Ukraine

Postby Crossfire » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:12 pm

I don't know how much coverage this is getting in the States, but a certain Eastern-European country by the name of Ukraine is almost on the route to civil war... lest the dialogs between the government and protesters fail. As half of my family more or less escaped from the country many years ago, this particular event is hitting a bit close to home. There's a lot of stuff going on in the world right now but I think the people of Ukraine deserve a short prayer or two.
Crossfire

Re: Народ України... Concerning the people of Ukraine

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:45 am

I'll be praying. No, I wasn't aware of this. Thanks for bringing it to light.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Kaori » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:47 pm

Praying for all those affected by violence and for a peaceful solution to the conflict.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Crossfire » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:03 pm

Bumping due to recent developments. As some of you may know, Russia has been sending in its troops to regions surrounding the Black Sea under the guise of protecting ethnic Russians who inhabit the region. Sincerity aside, the Russian government violated international law as well as their own statements of "foreign governments meddling in the affairs of Ukraine". What comes out of this is anyone's guess, though the Crimea region and perhaps parts of Eastern Ukraine will most likely be annexed by the time this thing is over.

In short, pray for government leaders, those in the European Union, NATO, Russia, and Ukraine, so that they may act on level-headed decisions in the upcoming days in order to deescalate the situation.
Crossfire

Postby emmatheveritas » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:43 am

Yep, I'll be praying as well for their eyes to be opened and for peace to intervene. Civil wars are always terrible things. I hope your family will be doing okay, Crossfire, too. God bless you, Crossfire and your prayerful spirit! :thumb:
Veritas out!
Hence, the longest signature on CAA!!
''I have fury! Finally, my entrance with drama!''-Fawful ''Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
''Why...whenever...fury...Fawful just wanted some kingdom conquering...but every time the mustaches come. Always in Fawful's way...alwaysalwaysalways''-Fawful Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
''Darkness cannot cover darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot cover hate; only love can.''-Martin Luther King Jr.
"SPACESHIP!!! SPACESHIP!!! SPACESHIP!!! SPACESHIP!!! SPACESHIP!!!"-Benny from The Lego Movie
"A closed door doesn't mean its a locked one"-Anais TAWO Gumball
emmatheveritas

Location: somewhere between my daydreams, the BeanBean Kingdom, and waiting for Heaven. =D

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:50 pm

Praying :<
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:19 pm

Fake referendums should be done sometimes soon. Seeing how Putin got 98.7% approval in the caucasus. 'lol' I bet there will be a 105% approval among this one.

But yes, messed up situation right out of the Bavarian political playbook. Praying.

Edit - 93% became the official result. Seeing how an actual survey was done about two years ago in which only 33% of Russian inhabitants of Crimea wanted to be united with Russia, it's easy to see where this is coming from.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:04 pm

Let's keep the political commentary to a minimum.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Return to Prayer Room