Considering sumbiting some articles to a Christian magazine

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Considering sumbiting some articles to a Christian magazine

Postby RefractedAhav » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:44 pm

I was considering writing some articles for a wrather large Christian magazine that is both online and in print. However, I have had a bit of discouragement coming from the grades I have been recieving on my post and papers for the leadership class I am currently taking. Please pray that if Elohim truly wants me to do this that my skills be honed so that the words that I type will have the greatest impact for Him.
RefractedAhav

Location: Some where in Oz or is it in the woods between worlds, I'm not so shure any more. Any one have an in

Re: Considering sumbiting some articles to a Christian magazine

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:04 pm

I'd also suggest spell checking your work, both with a computer and by reading it. Egregious spelling errors will sink a submission to the round file faster than nearly anything else.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby RefractedAhav » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:46 pm

Thank you for that advice. I just went through my blog and ran spell check on all my post. Might have something to do with why I do not get many views>

http://elohimspaintbrush.wordpress.com/
RefractedAhav

Location: Some where in Oz or is it in the woods between worlds, I'm not so shure any more. Any one have an in

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:17 am

A lot of what you're saying is either pretty vague and only going to pertain to certain Christian populations. Broaden your target audience.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby RefractedAhav » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:37 pm

The vagueness comes from trying to reach a broader audience. May I ask what is it that would alienate any particular group ?
RefractedAhav

Return to Prayer Room