Please pray for God's protection over me in this time

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Please pray for God's protection over me in this time

Postby Never thirsty! » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:45 pm

I told the school social worker what was going on with my father Long story short I'm safe he lied police pressed charges on me and I plead not guilty so just pray for me please that God would cover me in a blanket of His divine protection, comfort, and love and that this can work out well for me I don't want to be behind bars because of a false testimony I am putting my hope in Him please also pray it stays there.
Never thirsty!

Re: Please pray for God's protection over me in this time

Postby seaglass27 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:44 pm

So, what I'm getting out of this is that you reported your father's abuse to a social worker who in turn reported it to the police. Your father lied to the police and now you are facing some sort of slander charge. Is that correct? That is extremely strange behavior on the part of the justice system. I can't find any similar cases online. If you are simply worried about charges being pressed against you when none have actually been, I would say that you probably shouldn't be concerned.

That said, you do need to worry about your father. If the state has let him off the hook and he has access to you he may be angry that you reported him and lash out at you. I'd suggest going to the house of a friend you can trust and staying there.
seaglass27

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:08 am

I'm not a lawyer or a cop, but in the US, slander is a civil issue, not a criminal one (except for a few states, and even then, bringing those charges to court is rare) - you can be sued for it, but not jailed. The only thing I can think of that would result in jail time would be if you made a false police report, but that would be only after an investigation and trial, and if it's been as bad as you say it's been, the truth will win out. On top of that, it's usually the people who are victims who press charges in a criminal case, not the police themselves. Some things in your story don't add up, but there's definitely more to it that hasn't been posted here. OJ's right; in any case, stay away from him for the time being, and sit tight until things settle out.
Davidizer13

Postby Never thirsty! » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:17 pm

The cops pressed charges on me because "I was the aggresor" for trying to keep myself safe he was just "doing his job" and in a horrible way
Never thirsty!

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:41 am

Wait what exactly DID you do??
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Never thirsty! » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:57 pm

I'd rather not go into that it's a long, unsettling story I felt my life starting to deteriorate or I at least felt like I was going to die from not be able to get enough oxygen
Never thirsty!

Postby Jingo Jaden » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:07 pm

..... You know you're making this sound very much like you either resisted arrest or even assaulted a police officer right?

Trust me, it won't hurt being fair with people and telling them what going on as this beating around the bush will only make people assume the worst.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:31 pm

You'll feel worse for holding back the truth and not getting sound advice in response than you will for letting us know what happened. And could you put a reign on being so dramatic? You've got it tough. We get that. You don't have to exaggerate.
K. Ayato

Postby Never thirsty! » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:47 pm

The two posts before mine triggered me to think about the chorus from my favorite Demon Hunter song "and as the fear before you calls I know the pain is so unsettling so now you've built a thousand walls but in the end it's all unraveling" I''m not exaggerating my dad is over 2.5x my size I'm 156 quite light for a senior but I'm really short I'm only 5'8"if you put me on a ladder I'm 6'12"(did anyone catch what I just did?) anyway he tackled me for... I don't know why.......... He started attacking me while he was laying on top of me in open mount(sitting on top of me) on my lungs I manage to get him in closed guard(sorry if you don't know much mma lingo... (Lingo the word feels so outdated) anyway he's still striking me I'm fighting back just trying to breathe through my stomach I k(now the scientific name for it I just can't spell it) anyway he starts trying to choke me with the blade of his forearm I see an opening for a gullotine so I take advantage of it to try and get him off of me so he's not getting of. so street fighting kicks in I started clawing at his face I scratched him which got him off of me so his gf starts trying to stop his bleeding I'm still on the ground gasping for air he comes over to me he yells "Look at what you did to me. Look at it!" the he kicks me right between my ribs which knocks the wind out of me he makes me clean up his blood I go to bed and tell my school social worker the next day i'm back with my mother where I'm safe I never got arrested or anything like that. There was no over exageration I felt like I was actually going to die if I didn't get him off of me
Never thirsty!

Postby anlptgtsg » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:45 pm

Praying.
anlptgtsg

Postby Jingo Jaden » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:38 am

Never thirsty! wrote:The two posts before mine triggered me to think about the chorus from my favorite Demon Hunter song "and as the fear before you calls I know the pain is so unsettling so now you've built a thousand walls but in the end it's all unraveling" I''m not exaggerating my dad is over 2.5x my size I'm 156 quite light for a senior but I'm really short I'm only 5'8"if you put me on a ladder I'm 6'12"(did anyone catch what I just did?) anyway he tackled me for... I don't know why.......... He started attacking me while he was laying on top of me in open mount(sitting on top of me) on my lungs I manage to get him in closed guard(sorry if you don't know much mma lingo... (Lingo the word feels so outdated) anyway he's still striking me I'm fighting back just trying to breathe through my stomach I k(now the scientific name for it I just can't spell it) anyway he starts trying to choke me with the blade of his forearm I see an opening for a gullotine so I take advantage of it to try and get him off of me so he's not getting of. so street fighting kicks in I started clawing at his face I scratched him which got him off of me so his gf starts trying to stop his bleeding I'm still on the ground gasping for air he comes over to me he yells "Look at what you did to me. Look at it!" the he kicks me right between my ribs which knocks the wind out of me he makes me clean up his blood I go to bed and tell my school social worker the next day i'm back with my mother where I'm safe I never got arrested or anything like that. There was no over exageration I felt like I was actually going to die if I didn't get him off of me

Alright, stage 2 is pretty simple. Call the police or preferably make your way to the nearest police station, get your story on record. They will organize it so that you get legal protection. Take some snapshots of your wounds, and ensure that your father can never hurt you or anyone else again.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:13 am

I agree with Jaden. Get some hard proof to show the authorities your father has been abusing you, otherwise it's your word against his, and that will be a disadvantage unless you have plenty of material to back up your claim.
K. Ayato

Postby Never thirsty! » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:19 pm

I have plenty of proof but he had plenty of counter proof which gives him the ability to twist the story his proof is really just crap but they bought his story not mine :(
Never thirsty!

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:31 pm

CALL CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES. What state are you in? I'll help find this information for you.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Never thirsty! » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:03 pm

Thanks for your prayers and helpfulness the case was closed at the "victim's" request
Never thirsty!

Return to Prayer Room