Moving --have to make a decision

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Moving --have to make a decision

Postby Sheenar » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:50 am

So, yesterday, I received a phone call from the complex I applied to in Houston. Someone is vacating a unit and I can move in in 30 days. This is much sooner than I anticipated --really blindsided me.

I am freaking out a bit --wondering if this is the right decision, if I should apply to a different place, etc. I have to give a final decision this week --and have to call the manager of my current apartment complex to let her know I will be moving.

Packing up everything and moving is a huge undertaking --and I would be leaving friends that I love dearly and a church family that feels like home. I would also have to begin the process all over of finding, interviewing, and hiring a home health aide.

But this move would bring access to mass transit/paratransit, better/more services, closer to doctors, etc.

So, please pray that if this is the right decision or not will be made VERY clear to me. I don't want to rush into this --I want to make sure this would be a wise move.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Re: Moving --have to make a decision

Postby Okami » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:56 am

You have my prayers, dear friend.
Okami

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:17 am

Definitely praying, Sheenar, that the Lord will let you know what He wants you to do.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Sheenar » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:56 pm

Decided not to move at this time. Something just didn't feel right. The timing is also terrible --lots of stuff going on and the stress of moving on top of everything else would be too much (plus, I recently found out that my friend is being placed back on hospice :( ).

Talked it over with my supported employment person and he agreed that it would be best not to move at this time. I would not be guaranteed a position at another center.

I am still hoping to move to Houston at some point --but it is not the right time yet.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby shooraijin » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:56 pm

It sounds like you made a wise choice, even if it meant giving up the opportunity right now.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Return to Prayer Room