Job hunt

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Job hunt

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:14 pm

So I got my visa (hooray!) and I'm trying to find a full-time job as an English teacher. I just got contacted to schedule an interview with a school that's really close by, which is great because other schools I've been looking at have a commute of over an hour. With a baby on the way, I don't see that working out. Anyway, I'm really hoping I can find a job soon because I don't have much longer before I'll really be showing, and I'm worried that people won't want to hire a woman who's obviously pregnant. I suppose it depends on the company but I already got turned down for a couple of jobs after I mentioned the pregnancy. So please pray I'll find a place that will hire me regardless.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Re: Job hunt

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:41 pm

Unfortunately, they probably won't once the bump is visible. Not sure how it works in Japan, but for me here on the West Coast they're reluctant 'cause then maternity leave would need to be factored in while you're pregnant and then you'd need a reasonable time to recover before starting work, plus accomodations if you're gonna breastfeed and so forth once your baby arrives.

Best option, according to my mom, is a job that allows you to work from home. No, I don't mean a sales/promoting type. I'm sure there are some companies that allow that option. Praying you can find something!
K. Ayato

Postby Sheenar » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:00 pm

Praying that you find something!
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Yuki-Anne » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:28 pm

I have an interview today and it seems like a really good school with good pay, plus it's super close to home! Please pray that my interview goes well...
Yuki-Anne

Postby Sheenar » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:55 pm

Praying!

Let us know how it goes! :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Yuki-Anne » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:26 pm

No luck. They said if I come back after I have the baby they'd be happy to give me a job. *sigh*
Yuki-Anne

Postby Xeno » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:50 pm

Obviously I'm not praying about this, but I do hope you're able to find something Yuki and I wish you good luck.
Xeno

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:34 pm

Ah, sorry to hear that, Yuki. Praying you get the right job and the Lord's will.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Yuki-Anne » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:00 am

I got a part time job. Not many hours, but the pay is really good, and they said they'd give me more hours from September. :)
Yuki-Anne

Postby Sheenar » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:40 am

Yay! That's fantastic! :)

Sheenar

Postby K. Ayato » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:57 am

Nice! Praying they'll make any adjustments necessary for you when baby arrives, especially if you're planning on breastfeeding as well as working.
K. Ayato

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:55 pm

Praise the Lord! That's great to hear, Yuki.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Return to Prayer Room