Okami’s Mental Health Report

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Re: Okami’s Mental Health Report

Postby Okami » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:04 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:That's awesome, Okami! I'm glad you have such an awesome psychiatrist.
I'm praying for you, and it's awesome to hear things are even a bit better for you. *hugs*

No doubt, I am blessed!~ *hugs*

Panda4christ:3 wrote:I'm glad you have such a wonderful psychiatrist, Okami~
Oh, and special round of applause for your lovely blog post (that I'm fashionably late in commenting on D:)

Still praying for you <3

Many thanks Panda!~ I appreciate the prayers!

There is a shift. I don't know if it's genuine happiness or a manic episode. (or both!) Time will tell...
Okami

Postby Okami » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:06 pm

Okami

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:24 pm

Okami, this is absolutely awesome. I have so much joy for you. Praise God! I want to run around in circles! XD
I'll be praying that things continue to get even more awesome for you, and I'll continue to praise God for what He's done for you. This is awesome! *hugs*
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Sheenar » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:56 pm

:)

I am so happy for you, my friend! :D
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:17 pm

I'm late in seeing this (again D: ) but I'm happy for you okami ^-^ <3
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Okami » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:38 pm

Thank you so much, my friends! God is great! :D

I've had some minor setbacks, but I've got really awesome support right now in that. Plus - - - - Celebrating the death and resurrection this weekend! Mm! :grin:

Also, keep an eye on my blog. Specifically next Friday (4/25). I probably won't be updating here before then. ;)
Okami

Postby Sheenar » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:16 am

I'm sorry I haven't been so good lately at keeping in touch and PMing --but I do think about you and care, my friend! I keep you in my prayers. <3
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Okami » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:33 pm

For those who have yet to see it...

So, reason as to why I'm doing so well is that God has brought a wonderful man into my life! :D My boyfriend has truly been a blessing in the midst of my mental health struggles. <3
Okami

Postby nillapoet » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:37 pm

Very cool to hear. God is good even when life's not.
nillapoet

Postby nillapoet » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:40 pm

Oh, and I really admire your openness.
nillapoet

Postby Sheenar » Thu May 01, 2014 6:06 am

I'm so happy for you, my friend!! :D

Sheenar

Postby Mullet Death » Thu May 01, 2014 6:46 am

Wish I had something cool or interesting to say, but I'll just say I'm glad you're finding happiness and hope God keeps working in your life.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Okami » Tue May 06, 2014 8:18 am

Thank you so much, Nilla, Sheena, and Mullet. :)

I'm on a bit of hiatus in the world of mental health currently - spending time (primarily) at my boyfriend's house this week as well as visits to my mom and best friends. :D I've had some great conversations on mental illness (thank you, bachelor's degree!) as well as life with it, and I think it's helping allowing them to know how open I am about my condition.

Then in the time of night where he's at work (3rd shift) I spend time working with my new tablet (Wacom Intuos Pro) or playing Okamiden until I pass out. XD

Life is good. God's really blessed me in this time and I couldn't ask for anything better.
Okami

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue May 06, 2014 4:19 pm

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner, Okami. I'm really glad for you and praising the Lord that He's done such great things in your life. Praying that you continue to grow and reap the blessings of your perseverance and trust in God over the years.
*hugs* I'm so happy for you!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Tue May 06, 2014 7:08 pm

Glad things are going well~ Congrats, again <3 XD;;

Postby MomentOfInertia » Wed May 07, 2014 1:41 pm

Glad to hear that things are looking up.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Okami » Thu May 08, 2014 9:58 am

Thanks Cece, Panda, MOI! :D

Things are good. I've been talking about future plans for the first time...well, ever, really. I never thought I'd be the type to be excited about shiny things.
Okami

Postby Sheenar » Fri May 09, 2014 6:30 am

I'm so happy for you!!! :D

Sheenar

Postby Okami » Sun May 11, 2014 8:10 pm

:)

Some things have been on my mind tonight. It's my last night at my boyfriend's, and that's hard for the both of us. He's at work and I'm here and my mind is still on the future. After going about with him, talking to jewelers, and creating the design for my ring, I wonder how the engagement ring will turn out. I wonder how long it will be until that day (knowing it is several months out)... I wonder how much effort will be put into patience... :sweat: [edit](Do note we've been talking MUCH longer than we've been dating and have known one another for seven years!)

He helped me the other day after something triggered a panicked flashback and I dove under a blanket for protection - he got on the bed with me, coaxed me from the blanket a little, and held me until I stopped crying and could talk it through. I am blessed with someone who cares about my mental health... :n_n: [/edit]

Then there are the other levels of thought. I'm almost out of money. I need to apply for SSI and soon and get that process started because I'm still in a place mentally where I cannot work. I'm probably going to have to defer my student loans come next month because I won't be able to make payments. I had another flashback recently where something set me off and I dove under a blanket to protect myself... thankfully my boyfriend was there and able to hold me while I cried as it settled, not allowing any harm to come of it.

Otherwise there's tomorrow, my next psychiatry appointment. I plan on asking to be taken off the Lithium as after trying one more dose bump, I'm not seeing significant changes to my side effects...plus I want to have caffeine and normal pain medications again, as well as the possibility of alcohol - though I definitely cheated on that this weekend. Just a couple drinks, but I'm not supposed to drink with the meds. :rant:

Just kind of....praying for a miracle.
Okami

Postby Okami » Sat May 17, 2014 1:53 pm

Well, the psychiatrist took me off Lithium (to which I am wholeheartedly grateful!) but...the med he switched me to made (makes?) me incredibly drowsy. I've been on it before, and had resisted it when he first mentioned it, but after talking it through I hesitantly agreed to at least try it...

Thankfully he gave me the okay to cut the dose if needed (and boy, was it NEEDED!) that first day, I could hardly function I was so tired, since then I've been having trouble waking up much before noon, but the grogginess is wearing off sooner...so I'm praying that in time, the side effect will lessen more and more.

I had an episode late night, alone in my room, rage-texting my boyfriend...I don't remember too much outside of the fact that he was reassuring me in the morning after I saw the increased text count in our messages...It was scary, glimpsing back over some of the texts. I hope that soon the medicine takes effect to help me through moments like those. God so far has shown up in that no harm has been done, and praise Him for that!
Okami

Postby Sheenar » Mon May 19, 2014 5:05 am

The med roulette can be very hard --trying to find the right combo for you. *hugs*

I pray that things stabilize soon.

Sheenar

Postby Okami » Thu May 22, 2014 1:15 pm

Indeed, Sheenar. I remember it well back in high school; thus why my current ability to remember allllllllllllll the meds I've been on is difficult. XD;

Been a bit stressed. Met with Disability Advocates again yesterday...my first time since before my hospitalizations January/February. I'm hoping to get the process for SSI up and roaring here quite soon. I know I've said that before, but yesterday gave me gratitude that I haven't started until now, as I learned through DA that I need to collect some more information medically before I begin. Time to hit up the parentals for all the lovely childhood bits I can't or don't remember! ;)

Meds are still kicking me. I'm getting clearer now as I wake up, but wake up time is generally still between 11am-1pm.

On the upside, my boyfriend is walking through all of this with me, and we're supporting each other in times of stress. :D
Okami

Postby Sheenar » Sat May 24, 2014 5:31 am

Hang in there, friend! The SSI process can be quite an undertaking. I was denied the first time I applied --then when I applied again a little over a year later, I was approved (but nothing had really changed other than I got my first service dog). I think maybe something wasn't filled out quite right the first time around.

I am praying! Once you get SSI, you will qualify for Medicaid --and that will help with some of the med expenses. I know I don't miss the days of having to choose between getting needed medication and buying food/paying bills.

Sheenar

Postby Okami » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:07 pm

Thanks, Sheenar. It's been a long haul of putting together medical information...

I just got switched off Seroquel to another new medication...since last seeing the psychiatrist I've had various breakdowns emotionally, my boyfriend's had to physically restrain me from harming myself, and just...blah. Yup, just as I figured, Seroquel wasn't going to work out.

Here's to the next one.
Okami

Postby Sheenar » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:11 am

Ugh.

Praying they find the right combo of meds soon. That's really rough. *hugs*

Sheenar

Postby Okami » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:43 pm

Thanks, Sheenar. *hugs*

As of right now, side effects have been...well, uh, interesting. It started with a day of an intense slew of things - dizziness, nausea, drowsiness. Then there was a day of one, then two of the next, and so on. My mood is improving, and the time of side effects lessening, so here's hoping.

Though man, the drowsiness has been intense. Saturday I hadn't slept much, so that played into it, but I went out with my boyfriend and got a huge Starbucks coffee, and even then I was out for several hours when I laid back down for a "bit". Then Sunday we went to church and I hardly made it through Bible Study. We sat in service for about a minute, and just as worship was beginning I realized I wasn't going to make it. Five minutes after getting back home and laying down, I was out again for another couple of hours. Same thing, today.

However, after those few hours, I'm up and at it. So overall I think things are improving. <3
Okami

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:23 pm

That sounds like it was really rough, okami. But I'm glad it's improving <3

Postby Okami » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:58 pm

So um...scratch everything I said last night.

I went to the ER early this morning with an allergic reaction to the new med, where they sent me home with Benedryl....
My psychiatrist immediately pulled me off it. >.<;; I am having no luck with antipsychotics.
Okami

Postby Sheenar » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:53 pm

No fun!! I am sorry, friend. :(

Praying that the right med is found for you before long.

Sheenar

Postby MomentOfInertia » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:54 am

Ouch.

Well; if at first you don't succeed, that's one data point. :P
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Previous Next