Prayer for stumbling in faith

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Prayer for stumbling in faith

Postby SnEptUne » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:48 pm

Hi all,

Recently, my father has been scammed by energy company who tricked him into signing a flyer and forced him to say "yes" so that they can record his confirmation. After half a year, they come back and demand payment, and I paid the bill. But now, they are coming back with a higher bill, and they will not let me cancel the contract unless I pay them a huge sum. As a Christian, I know it is wrong to break a promise, but it is equally wrong to do nothing to stop wrong-doings. I am still praying for advice from the Lord, and have not found a way out yet.

Please pray that I can stand firm in faith and wouldn't stumble because of this adversary.
SnEptUne

Re: Prayer for stumbling in faith

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:45 pm

Praying.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby DaughterOfZion » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:02 am

First off, I'm sorry for your situation. Secondly, quick question, if it's your father who signed the contract, why do you feel you must take that moral burden on? You don't seem to be the one who made a promise, from what you said.

Edit: Another thing, so far what your saying kind of sounds like a normal company charging for an upswing in power consumption, so I'm not quite sure what you mean. I know there are scamming companies that do this kind of thing, and I assume that's what you mean, but it's hard to tell without clarification.
Last edited by DaughterOfZion on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
DaughterOfZion

Postby Xeno » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:05 am

Wait, so you're upset that a power company is wanting payment for energy consumption? Or am I not reading this right?
Xeno

Postby SnEptUne » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:11 pm

The contract was an investment program on green energy, which we did not sign up for. It has nothing to do with utilities. As for why I am taking on this, my parents cannot read and cannot write, so I will have to represent them.
SnEptUne

Postby Atria35 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:49 pm

Praying.

To be honest, with only a signature on a flyer, their threat is incredibly shaky and will probably be tossed out - ESPECIALLY given that your parents are illiterate and might not have been informed of everything that was on the paper.
Atria35

Postby AdriTan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:52 am

Praying.

I agree with Atria ^
AdriTan

Postby SnEptUne » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:28 pm

"What is man that you are mindful of him,and the son of man that you care for him? Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor." Psalm 8:4-5

Thank you for the prayers, the Lord has answered the prayer and delivered my family from the evil one. I got contacted by the police for this case, and the energy company has called back and will pay back all the bills that they had collected in the past.

I have been struggling in the past few days for righteousness, it was affecting my family greatly where in their homeland, they would have been blamed and held responsible for being deceived and for trusting other people. In this world, albiet it is imperfect, we can still see the grace of God working in our life. Thank you for all the prayers. Amen
SnEptUne

Return to Prayer Room