Health-related prayer requests

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Re: Health-related prayer requests

Postby Sheenar » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:40 am

Surgery went well --they checked and double-checked protocols for safe anesthesia for someone with my medical conditions and set everything up to be very safe for me.

I woke up in recovery crying in pain, but they got right on that with IV meds. Got to go home a bit before noon yesterday. I'm in bandages and a special shoe. Was told to not put weight on it as much as possible --a little bit is okay if I have to. I've been using my manual wheelchair around the apartment and hopping on one foot to transfer. So far, so good. :)

A lady I know from church drove me to the hospital and drove me home so I wouldn't have to be alone at the hospital. Was surprised on the way out of recovery to head to the car --a man walked up with a beautiful pitcher full of flowers --sunflowers and daisies --sent to the hospital from my best friend and her husband (the ones who recently moved several hours away to Austin). I am loved! :)

One of the pastors from my church came by and brought me Chic-fil-A grilled nuggets, waffle fries, and a Sprite. Was so nice to have comfort food! Also got a phone call from another one of the pastors at church calling to check on me. I've never had a church family be this supportive and loving before! It really means a lot! :)

Couldn't sleep (woke up yesterday at 3 am to get ready to go to the hospital --had to arrive at 5:30) --the only time I slept at all after that has been during surgery and then a little under 4 hours last night (fell asleep around 9 and woke up at 1 am).

Please pray that I will be able to sleep. I'm so very tired. Between pain, itching from pain meds, and having to get up to use the restroom every 45 minutes or so, I'm finding it very difficult to fall asleep and stay asleep.

Having a bit of increased pain this morning, but I have 2 pain meds to alternate every few hours --have been icing my foot with a bag of frozen squash. I follow up with my surgeon tomorrow morning for a dressing change/exam. Praying for good results --I am praying I will be able to return to work next week as planned. (I was very surprised by a couple of donations from people for medical expenses out of the blue --including an online friend's aunt who hasn't even met me but wanted to help --what a blessing! So I will be okay if I have to miss more work --but I would rather go to work if possible.)

My 10-year high school reunion is Saturday afternoon --not sure if I'll be able to make it since it is only 3 days post-op --but will see how things go.

I will leave you guys with a picture of my Marzipan Anne --she is a very excellent post-op cuddler. :)
Though she has already taken advantage of my hampered mobility by jumping on the counters over and over because she knows it is hard for me to get up to enforce the rules right now. I plan to buy one of those Ssss Cat cans of air things that are triggered by motion.

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:45 am

Awww, she's so sweet! She knows that's all it takes to make up for the counter raiding. :grin:

That is so awesome to hear about your church family! That's a special group of people right there! I thank God that He's given you such a wonderful family!

I will definitely be praying for a quick recovery for you, and some much needed rest. I hope you can make it back to work as soon as possible. Thanks for keeping us updated, Sheenar. You're in my prayers.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:56 am

It sounds like you don't have a ton of complications; that's awesome!

Sheenar wrote: I plan to buy one of those Ssss Cat cans of air things that are triggered by motion.

For the record, we have several of these and they work well for our two kitties.
Mithrandir

Postby Sheenar » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:50 pm

Glad to hear the Ssss Cat works well --will buy some when I get the funds.

I've fallen several times when transferring out of the wheelchair, so my surgeon put me in a walking boot yesterday --I still can't walk, but I can now put enough weight on the foot to use it for transfers to make them safer for me.

Also, I apparently have developed a latex allergy --I'm covered in hives from my foot to above my knee (and the other knee from contact). Lots of Benadryl and hydrocortisone cream. It's pretty miserable. Surgeon switched to latex-free bandages when he changed them yesterday. Hopefully this will go away soon.

Will be out of work for another week and a half to two weeks. Get stitches out next week.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:10 pm

Update: Went to ER on Thursday because hives were spreading and could get no relief. Upon examination, it was determined that it isn't a reaction to latex or to betadine, but is instead a heat rash caused by sweating (never had that happen before --weird --but SO grateful I don't have any new allergies!) Was put on prednisone and Prilosec (a histamine blocker) and I noticed today that the hives are starting to fade and are much less itchy.

I am, however, having a LOT of pain. My surgery foot has been swelling terribly and I can't tolerate having it down for even 5 minutes (it also hurts badly when elevated --icing doesn't bring much relief) --and my other foot hurts badly from having to put most of my weight on it when transferring (plus the week I had to hop on it when I couldn't use my surgery foot at all for transfers). Have had to start taking the pain med again --even though my gut does not feel good. I just can't take the pain.

The pain is worse now 10 days post-op than it was right after surgery. I'm not coping well. :(

I don't see my surgeon again until Thursday. Going to call on Monday and see if I can get in sooner.

Have a marathon Med Center day on Tuesday (3 appointments back to back). Going to be brutal. Would reschedule, but they aren't ones I can miss due to stuff going on.

Please pray, friends. Pray that I'll be able to get in to my surgeon sooner and for better pain control. And for me emotionally --this has been very rough in that area. Very depressed. I am significantly more debilitated than normal and the loss of function as well as the high pain are really getting to me.

Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:15 am

Definitely praying, Sheenar. I desperately hope that you get some relief very soon. Hang in there. *hug*
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby nillapoet » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:29 pm

Praying for you.
nillapoet

Postby Sheenar » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:30 am

Wound up canceling/rescheduling my Med Center appointments. Just not up for it. And that is okay.

Having issues with pain control. Had to go to ER last night for acute treatment. Waiting to hear back from surgeon's office. Not sure where to go from here.

God is faithful. Trying to hold onto faith and hope. God will meet my needs.

Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:07 pm

Saw pain management doctor on Friday. He feels that I have developed Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS). Have been put on a couple of new meds and others have been changed around. Doc sounded hopeful that there will be improvement soon. I sure hope so. This is miserable!

I've started running a fever and am still having a lot of pain. Please pray for relief soon. I'm feeling very overwhelmed.

Sheenar

Postby Lynna » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:15 pm

:( I will be praying that improvement comes soon!
Lynna

Postby Sheenar » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:34 am

Things have improved and I am very thankful! I had to go to the ER again on Sunday night (the 21st) because pain was out of control --got shots for pain. They did x-rays to rule out injury of my feet and those came back okay. Saw surgeon on Monday. Surgeon told me to increase my pain meds --to take one every 4 hours around the clock to stay on top of the pain. He told me it is very important to keep the pain under control and not let it get to a crisis level again.

Got stitches out --and got cleared to take showers again. Took my first shower in 20 days on Tuesday morning. It was glorious. Sweet friends have brought me several meals --and I even got to go out to eat with a friend on Wednesday for lunch --got my free birthday burger from Red Robin (they have gluten free buns!!!)! They even threw in a birthday sundae! :)

Been doing much better pain-wise with taking the med every 4 hours. I've been late several times, though, and boy does it hurt when I'm late. So I've been setting an alarm on my phone so I take the med on time. I hate being on a narcotic as it makes me feel yucky (and my executive functioning suffers some --I'm trying to do paperwork and submit documentation for housing and for a hearing I have coming up and my poor brain is just like --well, the hamster is running a bit slower in the wheel).But this is temporary and hopefully I'll be able to go off the med soon --my pain doc started me on Gabapentin for the nerve pain and they are talking about starting me on physical therapy in a week or so --the only treatment for CRPS is physical therapy and seeing if Gabapentin helps) --and I'll be having a procedure called a sympathetic block when I start PT (have been told to call my pain doc when I am scheduled to start PT and he will bring me in to set up the procedure). For now, I am to continue taking the pain med every 4 hours and rest as much as I can with feet elevated --and do gentle range of motion exercises.

Speaking of the hearing, please be in prayer that I will find favor. Insurance denied an ultralight wheelchair for me --my neurologist had ordered one earlier this year --insurance denied and sent a not-good folding chair instead. This folding chair is not made for a person to push themselves, but is more like a transport chair where someone else would be pushing the chair. So my shoulders are greatly protesting as I've had to use this chair for a few months now (and full-time since surgery). I am sending in documentation and wrote a letter to the hearing officer explaining about my Ehlers-Danlos and dysautonomia and why the approved chair is detrimental and is causing injury. My hearing is on October 7. It will be over the phone. I am sooo nervous. I desperately need a better chair, though, so this is worth pursuing. I am a part-time chair user due to dysautonomia, Ehlers-Danlos, and mito. There are just days where it is not safe for me to walk or my symptoms put me at high risk for falls or fainting. I am losing blood flow to my brain, heart, and lungs when standing --I have been started on medication to help increase blood volume --and it is helping some --but I still have that issue and have to be careful how long I stand --so a chair is needed to keep me safe and to enable me to still do what I need to do on those days.

Still not able to return to work. My supervisor called again on Monday to see if I would be coming in. I feel bad that I had to tell her I still cannot come in --I could work if I could get the wheelchair in/out of my coworker's car and in/out and around the inside of the center where I work --but I cannot (my coworker who drives me has cp and uses a walker, so cannot load/unload the chair --plus her car is tiny and there isn't enough room. i cannot even pick up the chair at all, so cannot load it myself), so have to wait until I can at least walk with a walker before I can come back. I've been out almost a month now. I feel bad for my coworker --she has been the only Reading grader there this whole time --we had an explosion in enrollment at the beginning of the school year --have been super busy and struggling to keep up with everything with 2 Reading graders --so it really stinks that my coworker has been having to do it alone --and coming in on extra days to finish because I am out. My supervisor has been super kind and accommodating --she hopes I recover soon and wants to be kept updated. I am just wondering how long my position can be held open for me --especially with how busy the center has become. Trying not to worry about it. It's just that it took 2 years of work with vocational rehab to get this job --and I just celebrated my one-year anniversary of working there. I really, really want to return to work. I need to financially --and also just the getting out of the apartment twice a week and feeling like I am contributing something --feeling useful.

I am having a skin biopsy procedure on Tuesday morning to get several samples to see the extent of nerve damage I have. Will be just with a local anesthetic in the office. Neurologist doing the procedure. Am anxious.

I'm going to church in the morning for the first time all month and am really looking forward to it! I've missed my church family SO much! Now that the pain is more under control, I can go to church!

Speaking of which, it is 2:30 in the morning (I'm up because I slept from 6:30 to 10:00) --I should go back to sleep so I can be awake for church in the morning. :)

Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:35 pm

So, I've been having this really crazy edema (swelling) in my feet --my right foot and calf, especially --it's twice the size of my left leg and foot.

Saw my foot surgeon on Monday and he didn't know what to make of it. Said he'd never seen that before --but wasn't really surprised given how I've had many of these "never seen that happen before" things happen after this surgery. Surgeon sent me to the ER for a doppler (ultrasound) to rule out blood clots. Doppler and lab work all came back okay.

My skin biopsy procedure on Tuesday went well and was a really easy procedure --over and done with in about 3 minutes. The neurologist who did the biopsy saw the swelling --and asked how long I had been taking the Gabapentin --I said about 2 weeks. He said that Gabapentin can cause swelling like this --and, if no other cause could be found, that it was something to consider and bring up with my pain doc.

So that is what I plan to do. I see him on Tuesday to talk about the sympathetic block procedure.

I had my PT eval today. It went well. My PT (who I've been seeing and have known for years) was very concerned about the swelling. My range of motion in my feet is pretty not good at all. Gave me some exercises to do that may help with swelling and motion in the meantime until I start PT. I got a nice foot massage of my surgery foot --that felt pretty good. :)

Now I just have to wait for insurance to approve PT and then I can begin.

Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:46 am

Results of hearing:
Basically, the request for an ultralight wheelchair was denied, not because of lack of need, but because my neuro who ordered the chair did not submit sufficient documentation and did not respond to requests for further documentation. Documentation that I submitted for the hearing cannot be counted as the decision is based on what was submitted originally by my neuro.
So, basically, I was told I need to start over --to get a new order for a wheelchair from a doctor and go through the process from the beginning again. The rep from the insurance company at the hearing is going to put me in touch with a Member Advocate --who I will hear from in the next 24 hours --to help me through the process and help make sure I get what I need (because my neuro's office hasn't been good with returning calls or sending paperwork with me, either --and my case manager with insurance have been MIA through this whole process).
So, for now, I am stuck with the chair that I am hurting myself using and struggle to even get around my apartment in. So frustrating.

Please pray that I don't have to wait another 6 months for a proper wheelchair.

Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:13 am

Praying, Sheenar. It's so frustrating, trying to figure out what God has planned for this situation. And I can't help but wish I could come over there and beat some sense into a few people...
But stay strong in Christ, and He'll help you through this. I pray that God would work miracles to make this happen for you in His perfect timing (which I hope and pray is sooner than we would think possible).

ClaecElric4God

Postby Sheenar » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:51 pm

Had a traumatic experience involving both a doctor's office staff and ER staff --am having to file a grievance by sending a letter to the corporate office of the hospital system both the doc's office and hospital falls under.

Please pray. I'm still shaken up by it.

And I'm afraid I may have lost my pain doctor over this. Because his staff didn't handle things appropriately. The Patient Advocate with my insurance is trying to smooth things over.

I'm really praying that this works out. I'm supposed to have a procedure done by my pain doc so I can start physical therapy. And I need a new script for the med he wrote (Gabapentin).

Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:45 pm

Thankfully, I have not lost my pain doctor. But his staff definitely did not handle things appropriately. I have an appointment with him tomorrow. I am nervous and anxious --the last time I was at this office is when the traumatic experience happened.

My counselor told me to write up a letter to give to my pain doc tomorrow explaining what happened and what can be done differently in the future.

So I'm trying to figure out exactly how to word it/what to say in that letter in addition to one I need to write to send to the corporate office re: the ER staff.

Please pray. These experiences from last Thursday really shook me up. I'm afraid.

Some good news: I am walking around much better now than I have since my surgery --should be on target to go back to work as planned on the 20th! Have been told to start weaning off of wearing the boot as tolerated --just a little bit each day of putting weight on my foot without the boot.

Also will be starting physical therapy soon (whenever it gets processed by insurance). I have lost a lot of muscle mass in my left leg. I have exercises given to me after my PT evaluation to do while waiting for PT to start --and have been "kind of" doing those (when I remember/am not exhausted) and slowly I am getting some range of motion back. :)

Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:05 pm

Praise the Lord! Glad to hear about the improvement, and I'm so glad you can go back to work! I know that's something you wanted to do pretty badly.

Praying you get things sorted out with the doctors and your ordeal from Thursday. That's just not right... I pray the Lord gives you peace and comfort through this.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Sheenar » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:00 pm

Appointment went okay --no further meds for pain --just a refill on the med for nerve damage. Told to follow the titration schedule to go up in dosage over time. Nothing for pain in the meantime. Was told to just take ibuprofen during the day (not that it does much for pain at all). A bit frustrated about that --when I asked him what to do about the breakthrough pain, he just said to keep taking the nerve damage med. Said he would not be prescribing anything else and to go to my surgeon for pain meds (and this was after I explained that my surgeon can no longer write for anything other than Tramadol or lower pain meds due to the new regs that just took effect). Doing okay on Tramadol, though --so will talk to surgeon again and see about getting more Tramadol for breakthrough pain. My surgeon wanted me to be getting all pain meds from pain doc, but pain doc won't write for it and wants me to go to my surgeon for it.

Why don't doctors just talk to one another? I hate being the middle person. :/

Also, though I had originally been told I needed to have the sympathetic block procedure done before beginning physical therapy, today my pain doc said that I don't --that I should go ahead and start PT and we'll talk about the procedure in 3 months. I don't get it.

Please pray for continued control/management of pain. So far, doing okay. But pain doc wants me to not take any pain med (other than ibuprofen) when up and walking around or doing physical therapy as pain meds mask pain and would hide pain if I injure myself walking or doing therapy. I am to only take the Tramadol at night when resting.
Still having burning pain in my surgery foot. Right foot still really swollen --cardiologist, when I talked to his medical assistant on the phone, told me to wear my compression stocking for the swelling on that foot. Waiting for special gloves to come in the mail that will help me be able to put it on and take it off.

Also having a flare of gut issues --has gotten slightly better, but still having trouble eating without pain. See GI doc tomorrow.

Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:28 am

Quick update:

Good: I am out of the walking boot and was able to go back to work on 10/23 after 7 weeks out. The range of motion in my surgery foot has also improved. I am doing physical therapy and making progress.

Rough: Still having issues with pain. And not getting adequate pain control. Also dealing with a lot of fatigue. Been sleeping more than normal. And this not-good wheelchair insurance covered is hurting my shoulders badly. Was told to have PCP submit new order for better wheelchair since my neuro failed to submit documentation that was needed when he ordered a wheelchair back in March.

Winter is rough for me. I have depression year-round, but it gets much worse during winter. I bought some full-spectrum light bulbs that are marketed for SAD, so I hope they help.

Please pray also for finances. Being out of work and only having SSI income was rough (and not the full SSI amount, but what I was receiving while working at my part-time job). I am also fundraising for some needed medical testing my insurance won't cover --and am due to also start fundraising for a service dog in another month or so (my home visit via Skype with the service dog program is tomorrow evening). I am really stressed. Really stressed.

Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:11 pm

Praying for you, Sheena.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Sheenar » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:55 am

Depression is kicking my butt. And isolation/loneliness is really getting to me. I'm not able to get out a whole lot due to not being able to drive (and no public transit here other than one small service run by a non profit). Not enough money to go do activities with people from church --waiting for the one week a month we hang out at a member's house. That doesn't cost money (we get together every Friday, but last week they went to a movie --tickets were $10.25 --and this Friday they're going to Top Golf --so again I cannot go due to money and also due to not being able to physically participate).

I need to be around people --especially this time of year. I am trying to fight against just going inward and sitting in my apartment and withdrawing. I have projects to do, but not much motivation at all. Just feels empty. It's like this every winter.

I got the special light bulbs in the mail --giving them a try. So far, not much difference that I can tell --but will try a while longer.

Still dealing with high levels of pain. PCP agreed that I need to see a different pain doctor. Case manager with insurance found one not too far from me --now just need to get a referral. I'm praying this doctor can help and just doesn't dismiss my symptoms and offer no help like my current pain doc.

I see my cardiologist at the dysautonomia clinic on Monday morning. I have to tell him about a few worsening things happening. Making notes so that I can remember. Also going to talk to him about the CRPS and see if he has any suggestions --though that may have to wait until I see the dysautonomia neurologist in January.

And my aide didn't show up or text today. She had texted in sick yesterday. I hope she is okay.

This leaves me with this being the 2nd day with no help and no one here to cook, clean, help with errands, etc. I need to go to the pharmacy as I'm almost out of a med. I need food to eat for the weekend --I mean, I have food --like I plan to eat a can of chili with turkey dogs for lunch. But that's not "real" food --or all that healthy (I keep some easy-prep foods around for days I'm without an aide --like if she doesn't come or on weekends --because I'm not safe to use the stove/oven sometimes). I can't use the stovetop most of the time as I get very overheated and there is a risk of fainting (doctor's orders are to avoid getting overheated and not sit in front of the stove cooking) --but I can usually use the oven as I put things in and can walk away until they are done --my exposure to the heat is brief. But some days, my brain isn't working right and it is best not to use the oven.

I'm not safe to use the stove/oven today. I'm still underslept and neurologically things are shaky. Was thinking of getting a gluten free, dairy free pizza from the store next door --it's just that it requires baking in the oven. Or I could just get a loaf of gluten free bread and eat sandwiches/turkey dogs.

I would love some slow cooker chicken soup, though. I think I will try to pick that thing up myself and make it. Not that hard once the cooker is on the counter --just have to get it there first.

It's so hard without an aide here. I'm thinking about switching to the agency side of my home health company so they'd send a backup if my aide doesn't show/is sick. With the program I'm in now (Consumer Directed Services), I am responsible for hiring my own aides and for finding backup --which is very difficult, I've found. Especially last minute like if my aide just doesn't show up like this morning --I had no warning she wouldn't be here.

I'll make it through today and the weekend. If I need to, I can call a friend of mine and he can take me where I need to go if he doesn't have something else to do. I just hate asking him to help me run errands --as he's a friend, not a caretaker --and I don't like asking friends to take on a caretaker role (I need extra assistance in the store). Though he did text and offer a meal at Red Robin, so I think I'll take him up on that this weekend --one less meal I have to figure out.

Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:04 pm

*hugs* Praying for you, Sheena! I wish I could be there for you right now.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Sheenar » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:43 am

Had a transportation snafu yesterday. Medicaid medical transport hadn't found a ride for me to go downtown (though I made arrangements well in advance). So grateful that an anonymous donor (a friend) came by with funds for a taxi to go to the Med Center and back ($90 each way! No way I could have afforded that.). That was such a huge blessing!

Saw my dysautonomia cardiologist yesterday. Some improvement with the meds I started in Sept., but very slow. Still some significant issues. Meds have been increased (increased dosage) --was told that it should help. I go back in May for a follow-up. See the dysautonomia neurologist in January (my form of dysautonomia has a cardiac side and a neurological side --both are involved).

Should hopefully be able to begin aquatherapy within 3 months.

Was a super long day yesterday. Went straight from the downtown Med Center to work. Worked a 6 hour shift straight without taking my normal 15 min break (we were short a reading grader).

Everything hurts today. So very, very tired. Definitely in a crash. Marzipan wants me to stay put (she's laying across my legs in the recliner). Have to go to counseling and PT today.

Still very much struggling with depression. Haven't been good about turning on the special lights in the morning. Hanging in there. Missed church again on Sunday due to waking up not feeling well (crash from going out on Saturday to the Renaissance Festival with my dearest friend who came from Austin).

Pray that I'll be able to keep my focus where it should be --not on all of the overwhelming craziness going on in my life, but on the One who is in control and who walks with me through it. I'm so stressed and anxious that I've been in shut-down mode and just surviving (survival mode). So I'm struggling to get things done that need to be. And not reading the Bible or praying a whole lot (just as I read requests made --not much more than that, though). Just have been here physically, but not mentally in the present moment --spending too much time distracting myself from pain and all that's going on instead of going to God about these things.

Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:29 am

I'm praying for you, Sheena!! *hugs*
Don't forget that you are loved, and you're an amazing person we couldn't do without.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Sheenar » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:54 am

Update:
I finished my last PT session on Friday the 19th. I have essentially failed PT because we weren't able to get movement back in my foot and I couldn't tolerate the physical manipulation (where they physically moved my foot to try to break up the scar tissue).
At my last visit with my surgeon a few weeks ago, he was unhappy with my foot still not having movement like it should (and also unhappy with the pain I am still having in the ankle joint). He mentioned the possibility of another surgery with a larger incision (my surgery was a scope procedure, so 2 small incisions) so he can go in and clean out the scar tissue and get things as they should be.
I go in on Tuesday afternoon for another eval with my surgeon. Will let y'all know how it goes.

Aside from pain, I am doing okay. Just really tired. And still dealing with some depression stuff. Grateful for this week of only having appointments on Tuesday so I can rest before my trip to see my best friend next week --I'll be taking a Greyhound there and back. My first solo Greyhound trip. Looking forward to it! :)

Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:04 pm

Sorry to hear about your PT, but I hope things work out with surgery and whatnot. And have a good trip! I'll be praying for you.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Sheenar » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:35 pm

Forgot to update.

Surgeon (and I as well) is pretty gun shy about doing another surgery given the complications and pain and craziness I had with this one.

So the plan is to push myself --walk as much as I can, do my home exercises, etc. --and see how things are in 3 months. So I'll go back in March for another evaluation.

In other news, trip went well --except for the fact that, on the bus home, my scooter tipped over twice (with me sitting on it) because it wasn't secured properly. I fell on my surgery foot (caught myself with my foot both times as the scooter tipped left). My foot hurts, but I can still move it --so I think it's okay. Will keep an eye on it and will call my surgeon's office on Monday if anything seems off.

Sheenar

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:58 am

We will continue to remember you in our prayers!
Mithrandir

Postby Sheenar » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:06 am

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. It's been a rough month. Really rough.

Everything is as it has been with my surgery foot. Still a lot of pain, but I am able to walk more. I have now successfully walked from the side parking lot to the church and back twice now. :)

The seasonal depression is starting to lift with warmer temps and more sunshine, but it was *really* bad and rough there for a while --especially about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I'm hesitant to talk about it fully here --but I wound up in the ER due to being in crisis.

Have been having an increase in migraines and daily headaches as well as light sensitivity in recent months. One of my specialists is referring me to a headache specialist. More testing has been ordered by specialists to try to figure out this and other things going on --like, another sleep study has been scheduled --my new neuro wants to test for narcolepsy/cataplexy.

I have a new home health aide and we're still ironing out some kinks. I really want to make this work. I had to fire my last aide last month because she kept showing up late, leaving early, or calling in frequently --as well as playing on her phone and not doing work. I am now with an agency, so hopefully this will go more smoothly.

Thank you for your prayers. :)

Sheenar

Postby mdmrn » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:18 am

Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.
3 John 1:2 (NIV)

Praying the Lord Jesus Christ provides you the strength, comfort, and healing you need. May He continued to stand by your side. May you be filled with His immortal Spirit, feeling the warmth of His presence within you each day as He continues to challenge, protect, and provide for you.
MDMRN
Christian -- Dad -- Husband -- Engineer -- Conservative -- Beard Aficionado -- General Dork
mdmrn

Previous Next

Return to Prayer Room