Car accident...

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Car accident...

Postby LillyAngel » Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:21 pm

Hi. It took me a while to figure out the forum thing, but I've got it down now. (that was beside the point)

On Tuesday (Aug. 18 '03) there was a car accident* in Norwell Massachusetts. For those of you in the area that know about it, you probably know how terrible it was. Well... Two (Christian) girls from my church were killed. I knew one of them pretty well, and the other I only distantly knew. I ask you (or whoever looks at this) to pray for their families. The girls names were: Janelle Desmond** and Kristen Carriere. Janelle was 16 and Kristen was 15.

* the driver was indeed drunk... As the result of most car accidents in the South Shore.

** Janelle had no parents... She was a foster child and a year ago on Thrusday the 28, she would be celebrating a year of having Legal Gauradians.

IGFE, (In God Forever)
Liana :sniffle:
LillyAngel

Postby Rashiir » Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:31 pm

I'll pray for their families.
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby Ashley » Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:27 pm

What a terrible blow. We will indeed be praying.
Ashley

Postby shooraijin » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:13 pm

Definitely :(
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Matthew » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:18 pm

As well I.
"To all our brothers and sisters in Africa and around the world who are being persecuted and put to death for thier faith, I have something to say to you and to you the meaning will not be lost, 'Love Wins!'"

[font=Verdana]Belong. Become. Be Used.[/font]
Matthew

Postby LillyAngel » Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:32 pm

THanks guys... it means a lot to all of us...
LillyAngel

Postby Michael » Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:08 pm

God be with them and their family...
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Spiritsword » Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:18 pm

I will certainly pray for their families.
Spiritsword

Postby Lluvia » Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:32 pm

That's terrible, simply terrible. It's consoling to know that the two of them will be in Heaven and in the midst of the Lord, our Father; they're families will, also, be in my prayers.
"In time of trouble...He shall set me upon a rock." - Psalms 24:5
Lluvia

Postby Technomancer » Fri Aug 22, 2003 4:33 am

Of course.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby LillyAngel » Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:24 pm

I just got back from Janelle's wake... I think she was sleeping. She looked so calm... Yet when I looked at her, her face was so bruised and she looked so beaten up... I wish they didn't put any make-up on her. She would have hated the way she looked at the wake. Why is death so terrible?

Liana...
LillyAngel

Postby Gypsy » Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:57 pm

LillyAngel wrote:I just got back from Janelle's wake... I think she was sleeping. She looked so calm... Yet when I looked at her, her face was so bruised and she looked so beaten up... I wish they didn't put any make-up on her. She would have hated the way she looked at the wake. Why is death so terrible?

Liana...

Because it's finite. Because even though time for your friend has stopped, time goes on for you. I've lost a few friends, the most recent to a car crash this past winter - and it takes so long for the reality and finality of the situation to hit you. Although the grieving period is terrible to go through, you'll find that your priorities in life have probably shifted a little. And although it may sound hollow right now, the fact that you know they're in Heaven will bring you great comfort later on.

I'll be praying for you and the girls' loved ones.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Return to Prayer Room